1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 22:181 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    There are certain issues involved.
    Let's cut to the core. There are two positions: positivism and naturalism.

The positivist says that law is what is written and there is no morality or
    amorality in rules, and they are the sole source of normative certainty.
    Naturalists, on the other hand, say that something is right or wrong regardless
    of what the law says, as there are atemporal and universal concepts. If I read
    correctly, you embrace the former school of thought.

So, what you are saying, in summary, is that if the law does not mandate to take
    action against a kiddie fiddler outside of a particular institution, then there are
    issues, gray areas, and it is debatable, on a case by case basis, the substance
    of culpability and, henceforth, how to proceed.

Correct?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 22:281 edit
    Yes that was the same time you escaped from the Germans in world war I by floating across the English channel in a lucky bag with the Red Barron as a prisoner.

I am sure once I download and send your foul mouthed rants, including such expletives as, you're 'a prick', 'bitches', 'shut the f*** up' and 'bell end', they will have concluded that they ...[text shortened]... speaking to you because you are a foul mouthed religious bigot not because of your vain threats.
    You seem to be a little rattled.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 22:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Robbie thinks we're blaming him for the child abuse cover-up.
  4. Joined
    29 Nov '15
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 22:41
    Originally posted by divegeester
    change the record, Robbie has kicked you all over the forums,
    it's so one sided it borders on embarrassing but alas you are so stupid you do not even realise it.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 22:431 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Let's cut to the core. There are two positions: positivism and naturalism.

The positivist says that law is what is written and there is no morality or
    amorality in rules, and they are the sole source of normative certainty.
    Naturalists, on the other hand, say that something is right or wrong regardless
    of what the law says, as there are atemporal and u ...[text shortened]... case by case basis, the substance
    of culpability and, henceforth, how to proceed.

Correct?
    I am not entirely sure I understand what you are saying as you are using some terms that I am unfamiliar with. My text was not an attempt to address law or whether law has an inherent morality or not but a practical perspective on some of the issues that have a bearing on the reporting of child abuse for ministers of religion and what may have been the reasons for non reporting where law was not mandatory.

The issue is not that of taking action against criminality but of reporting and dealing with criminality in view of such things like penitent privilege and corroborative evidence on one hand and the need to protect those who are vulnerable on the other.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 22:44
    Originally posted by GHOST HUNTER
    change the record, Robbie has kicked you all over the forums,
    it's so one sided it borders on embarrassing but alas you are so stupid you do not even realise it.
    I know another FMF clone, how banal.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 22:451 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Robbie thinks we're blaming him for the child abuse cover-up.
    will you please stop assuming values! you are morphing into an FMF clone, i don't think you are blaming me for anything.
  8. Joined
    29 Nov '15
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 22:49
    I know another FMF clone, how banal.
    they are more and more like the stepford wives every day one brain [cell] between them
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 22:52
    they are more and more like the stepford wives every day one brain [cell] between them
    I see them more as a kind of Zombie apocalypse, FMF bites divegeester and he becomes a zombie, divesgeester had a bite at Randolph and now he's a zombie and so the go on slobbering and drooling their way through cyberspace cloning as they go.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 22:58
    will you please stop assuming values! you are morphing into an FMF clone, i don't think you are blaming me for anything.
    It's not your fault, robbie, Don't let them get you down.
  11. Joined
    29 Nov '15
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 22:58
    I see them more as a kind of Zombie apocalypse, FMF bites divegeester and he becomes a zombie, divesgeester had a bite at Randolph and now he's a zombie and so the go on slobbering and drooling their way through cyberspace cloning as they go.
    "the walking dead?" no they are the talking dead
    can FMF turn dive from just a love bite
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 23:05
    These were the issues that I put on the table for reasonable rational debate and which FMF contorted into his vile and slanderous accusation of defending child abuse and I thank you for the opportunity to present them here.
    I have never accused you of defending child abuse, as you well know. I have confronted you for defending and seeking to justify the cover up of child abuse.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 23:123 edits
    "the walking dead?" no they are the talking dead
    can FMF turn dive from just a love bite
    Yes just a single nooky bite to the neck and jivejeester becomes a rabid clone of his zombie master, 'you seem rattled Robbie', 'oh it seems that I touched a nerve', 'you're such a juvenile Robbie', 'Im telling the elders on you Robbie', drool drool drool. Even Randy Andy is now a clone.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 23:17
    Yes just a single nooky bite to the neck and jivejeester becomes a rabid clone of his zombie master, 'you seem rattled Robbie', 'oh it seems that I touched a nerve', 'you're such a juvenile Robbie', 'Im telling the elders on you Robbie', drool drool drool
    Does your organization [1] foster an atmosphere in which pedophiles can come forward or "repent" safe in the knowledge that their crimes won't be reported, or does your organization [2] foster an atmosphere in which children who are victims of sex crimes can come forward safe in the knowledge that the adults around them will report their abusers to the authorities? It can't really be both. So which is it? [Bump]
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '16 23:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    Does your organization [1] foster an atmosphere in which pedophiles can come forward or "repent" safe in the knowledge that their crimes won't be reported, or does your organization [2] foster an atmosphere in which children who are victims of sex crimes can come forward safe in the knowledge that the adults around them will report their abusers to the authorities? It can't really be both. So which is it? [Bump]
    Yawn.

Still going on? What a sad life you lead, FMF.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree