Memo

Memo

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Dec 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
But toxic is not your style, as I've said before. You're never that direct.
Directness does not equal toxicity.

This is the crux of my issue with you suzianne. You confuse the style of the poster and whether you like it/them or not, with the content of their posts.

Grampy Bobby has recently posted what I consider to be some of the most offensive and disgraceful commentary about poor people who commit suicide. You didn't even bat an eyelid. And yet you will swing and swing and swing at others for calling him on his behaviour.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
If I start clogging up the forum with threads specifically intended to heap scorn upon countless unnamed posters with a scatter gun approach, then I suggest you should really confront me.
Again, you cannot seriously claim to know his motivation. In fact, I would submit that your conclusions about his motivations are wrong. And as such, there is really no reason for your "sheriff mentality" concerning GB.

F

Moves
19 Dec 15

But toxic is not your style, as I've said before. You're never that direct.
I am always direct. That is why posters like you and robbie insult me. And I am not toxic, as you have conceded. You seem to be conflating being direct with being toxic. They are different things.

F

Moves
19 Dec 15

Again, you cannot seriously claim to know his motivation. In fact, I would submit that your conclusions about his motivations are wrong. And as such, there is really no reason for your "sheriff mentality" concerning GB.
He is infamous on the Spirituality for not discussing anything properly, for dodging, deflecting, ignoring, and re-posting his own OPs over and over again. I believe his motivation is pretty clear even if you don't.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Dec 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Directness does not equal toxicity.

This is the crux of my issue with you suzianne. You confuse the style of the poster and whether you like it/them or not, with the content of their posts.

Grampy Bobby has recently posted what I consider to be some of the most offensive and disgraceful commentary about poor people who commit suicide. You didn't e ...[text shortened]... n eyelid. And yet you will swing and swing and swing at others for calling him on his behaviour.
Glad to know that you feel that yes, FMF can be considered toxic, even without being direct.

And no, the confusion is all yours. If I dislike someone, it is probably due to the content of their posts.

And once again, concerning this "issue" you have with what he said about suicide, you're about the only person who had this huge, knee-jerk reaction to what was said. I commented in that thread, and my post was all but ignored. This is what I was referring to when I said that there is a huge gulf between what you find acceptable and what I find unacceptable. You seem to fly off the handle at things I normally take in stride. I find no fault in his behavior in that thread. He expressed his opinion, based on his beliefs and you just could not leave it at that. You seemingly cannot accept the fact that different people have different standards than you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
I am always direct. That is why posters like you and robbie insult me. And I am not toxic, as you have conceded. You seem to be conflating being direct with being toxic. They are different things.
I insult you because you are seldom direct.

And I didn't say you weren't toxic, I said you weren't direct. Your toxicity is based on your indirectness, unlike a lot of people who can be directly toxic (like Seitse, as you mentioned).

F

Moves
19 Dec 15

You seem to fly off the handle at things I normally take in stride.
Surely they'll put "She flew off the handle a lot" on your tombstone.

You seemingly cannot accept the fact that different people have different standards than you.

Do you diagnose yourself as having a problem accepting this fact too?

F

Moves
19 Dec 15

I insult you because you are seldom direct.

And I didn't say you weren't toxic, I said you weren't direct. Your toxicity is based on your indirectness, unlike a lot of people who can be directly toxic (like Seitse, as you mentioned).
I am direct all the time.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
He is infamous on the Spirituality for not discussing anything properly, for dodging, deflecting, ignoring, and re-posting his own OPs over and over again. I believe his motivation is pretty clear even if you don't.
No, you're conflating his reluctance to insult people with being "passive-aggressive" because you think he's insulting people anyways.

And at times, we've all dodged, deflected and ignored, even you. I wouldn't pile everyone's motivations for doing so into the same dark pot.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
I am direct all the time.
This has got to be the single biggest load of hooey I've ever read on these forums.

F

Moves
19 Dec 15

No, you're conflating his reluctance to insult people with being "passive-aggressive" because you think he's insulting people anyways.

And at times, we've all dodged, deflected and ignored, even you. I wouldn't pile everyone's motivations for doing so into the same dark pot.
I think the key reasons I infuriate you are that I am always direct, I never rise to the bait of your insults or get fobbed off by your evasion, I don't dodge, I don't deflect, I just stick to the topics. It seems to make you fly off the handle all the time.

F

Moves
19 Dec 15

And once again, concerning this "issue" you have with what he said about suicide, you're about the only person who had this huge, knee-jerk reaction to what was said.
Are you sure?

What did you think when Grampy Bobby suggested that his views on suicide were "the truth" and that those disagreeing with him were peddling "premediated lies"? If I recall correctly, the remark was directed at Kewpie.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Surely they'll put "She flew off the handle a lot" on your tombstone.

[b]You seemingly cannot accept the fact that different people have different standards than you.

Do you diagnose yourself as having a problem accepting this fact too?[/b]
Here's a perfect example of you being indirect.

Notice you're not coming right out and saying what you think (and yet your post is not any less "toxic" ).

You always try to get the person you're jousting with to hoist herself.

This is the problem I have with your ridiculous "question" technique, and why I said that you need some new techniques.

F

Moves
19 Dec 15

Here's a perfect example of you being indirect.

Notice you're not coming right out and saying what you think.

You always try to get the person you're jousting with to hoist herself.

This is the problem I have with your ridiculous "question" technique, and why I said that you need some new techniques.
I am being as plain as day about what I think. I always am.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
I am being as plain as day about what I think. I always am.
But it is not the same as being direct. You are always indirect. I imagine this is so you can revisit it later and claim you never said any such-and-such thing.