1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '15 04:401 edit
    "He fears his fate too much or his deserts are small who fears to put it to the touch to win or lose it all."
    (Attributed to the Marquis of Montrose, 1612-1680)
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '15 15:134 edits
    A self-made multimillionaire/owner of an all suites hotel company once said: "Bob, free is a good price." lol I've realized since that there are many commercial products exceptions: large bold print [written by marketing] gives while fine print [written by corporate attorneys] takes away.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 04:08
    "Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit." ~Peter Ustinov
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 08:11
    "We're all a little weird, and life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours,
    we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." —Dr. Seuss
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 06:06
    “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” —Epictetus
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 06:11
    "The sandwich [known as a "sub"] is so called because the bun's cylindrical shape resembles the shape of a submarine." ~ Wiki.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 07:49
    "Miscellaneous"

Non-valuable stuff, possibly junk, which can be kept in one place to avoid it cluttering up other areas of value.
    Wiki
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 08:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "Miscellaneous"

Non-valuable stuff, possibly junk, which can be kept in one place to avoid it cluttering up other areas of value.
    Wiki
    "my good friend Mum anon mentioned this online forum while we were having a cuppa tea at her lovely home a few days ago
    while her precocious son child anon was at his grade one school. her caution was to watch out for a few of the gansta type posters
    who persist in 'cluttering up' the place including this thread, my namesake thread". cordially, Mis cellaneous, legal counsel
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 10:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "my good friend Mum anon mentioned this online forum while we were having a cuppa tea at her lovely home a few days ago
    while her precocious son child anon was at his grade one school. her caution was to watch out for a few of the gansta type posters
    who persist in 'cluttering up' the place including this thread, my namesake thread". cordially, Mis cellaneous, legal counsel
    Do I need your permission to post in this thread?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 11:241 edit
    Do I need your permission to post in this thread?
    "of course not, divegeester; cautionary words only apply to gangstas." ~ your friend, Mis cellaneousis
  11. Amelia Island
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 15:231 edit
    I have a blank-faced analog clock with no hands on it.

That way, I can always tell when it's coffee o'clock. It works for bacon, too.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 16:42
    Originally posted by Roller Man
    I have a blank-faced analog clock with no hands on it.

That way, I can always tell when it's coffee o'clock. It works for bacon, too.
    @Roller-Man: My own younger brother was also a "Former SeaBee".
    Thanks, for your post. Care for a game of Fischer Random 960?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 02:20
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination
    embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” -Albert Einstein
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 05:08
    I never learn anything by talking, I learn when I ask questions.

Lou Holtz
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 20:36
    I never learn anything by talking, I learn when I ask questions.

Lou Holtz
    That's not true. Lou Holtz clearly had never heard of teddy bear debugging.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree