1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 16:56
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    So then it's not cheating if there are no rules against it. If only life were that simple.

And where does that leave sportsmanship?
    Sportsmanship? Its not even clear if chess is a sport, what are you talking about sportsmanship? can you tell us why chess is considered a sport?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 16:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Hmmmmmm, you suspiciously leave out the accusation that you are rigging clan matches to your advantage. You have the cooperation of several clan leaders to accept your rigged challenges to give your clan huge advantages in ratings, often by 500 points or more per matchup and this is how you managed to shoot out ahead of everyone early (with most of your ea ...[text shortened]... hus, I dub thee 'Teflon Boy'.

And it still doesn't stop you from behaving like a horse's ass.
    You realize this is a chess website, right!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 17:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I rarely frequent the clans forum, but even I've seen posters presenting detailed examples supporting their accusations of your cheating the system. is it really worth your reputation to even associated with the appearance of it?
    In order for someone to cheat they must break some rule, I have broken no rules and cannot therefore be termed a cheat. All those who make such assertions without being able to rationally substantiate their claims rely on nothing more than a kind of innuendo which is both plastic and transparent and for which I have not the least bit of concern! I hope that answers your question.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 17:04
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I was under the impression that she thought it was a sewing class.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 17:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    In order for someone to cheat they must break some rule, I have broken no rules and cannot therefore be termed a cheat. All those who make such assertions without being able to rationally substantiate their claims rely on nothing more than a kind of innuendo which is both plastic and transparent and for which I have not the least bit of concern! I hope that answers your question.
    Everyone thinks you're a cheat. Why is that I wonder.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 17:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Everyone thinks you're a cheat. Why is that I wonder.
    This has already been covered and its rather tedious to point out why its a logically fallacious argument.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 19:58
    We play to win the game, we just dont play to play! Wussbag clans like the Misfits think they are playing dolls houses, they just play to play, but we PLAY TO WIN THE GAME, thats why we da bomb man! we like a chess explosion!

[youtube]4zLlIdZikDk[/youtube]

😵
    Winning against people rated 500 points below you shouldn't get you to the top of the clan rankings.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 19:59
    Sportsmanship? Its not even clear if chess is a sport, what are you talking about sportsmanship? can you tell us why chess is considered a sport?
    Well, there's not much sport in it the way you are doing it.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 20:01
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    What's your point? Gaming the system is gaming the system, no matter if you're playing chess, or if you're running for President of the United States.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 20:10
    Sportsmanship isn't strictly limited to sports, but that's obviously too difficult a concept for you to grasp.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 20:13
    What's your point? Gaming the system is gaming the system, no matter if you're playing chess, or if you're running for President of the United States.
    When I play league basketball, I am tasked with taking every advantage possible.
    The ref is part of the game, by design and agreement.

When I play rat ball/pick-up ball, I play as though the ref is God: absolutely perfect.

Tell me you see the distinction, please.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 20:14
    Sportsmanship isn't strictly limited to sports, but that's obviously too difficult a concept for you to grasp.
    Sportsmanship is restricted by the rules of the game.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 20:34
    Its realpolitiks Randolph my good man, and as the Prussian Statesman Otto von Bismark stated when explaining the concept, 'going to war with principles is like walking through a forest with an oar between your teeth', or words to that effect. Now i will have no more of your patronizing tone and no more of your moralizing over me. I don't moralize over you and I expect the courtesy to be returned.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 20:36
    Winning against people rated 500 points below you shouldn't get you to the top of the clan rankings.
    I don't make the rules Sista, I merely try to get challenges that my clan will enjoy playing.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 21:012 edits
    Reinheitsgebot - German (lit. purity order)

We hereby proclaim and decree, by Authority of our Province, that henceforth in the Duchy of Bavaria, in the country as well as in the cities and marketplaces, the following rules apply to the sale of beer:

From Michaelmas to Georgi, the price for one Mass [Bavarian Liter 1,069] or one Kopf [bowl-shaped container for fluids, not quite one Mass], is not to exceed one Pfennig Munich value, and

From Georgi to Michaelmas, the Mass shall not be sold for more than two Pfennig of the same value, the Kopf not more than three Heller [Heller usually one-half Pfennig].

If this not be adhered to, the punishment stated below shall be administered.

Should any person brew, or otherwise have, other beer than March beer, it is not to be sold any higher than one Pfennig per Mass.

Furthermore, we wish to emphasize that in future in all cities, market-towns and in the country, the only ingredients used for the brewing of beer must be Barley, Hops and Water. Whosoever knowingly disregards or transgresses upon this ordinance, shall be punished by the Court authorities' confiscating such barrels of beer, without fail.

Should, however, an innkeeper in the country, city or market-towns buy two or three pails of beer (containing 60 Mass) and sell it again to the common peasantry, he alone shall be permitted to charge one Heller more for the Mass or the Kopf, than mentioned above. Furthermore, should there arise a scarcity and subsequent price increase of the barley (also considering that the times of harvest differ, due to location), WE, the Bavarian Duchy, shall have the right to order curtailments for the good of all concerned.

Bavarian Reinheitsgebot of 1516

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree