Page of Meats

Page of Meats

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
12 Jul 14

Originally posted by HandyAndy
🙄 😲 🙄 😲 🙄 😲 🙄 😲 🙄 😲 🙄 😲 🙄
wait your turn my good man this is a meaty problem one I cant get my hooks or teeth into.

Moves
12 Jul 14

Rib-eye is the king of all meats.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
12 Jul 14

Originally posted by Trev33
Sir Loin is the only one to be Knighted

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
12 Jul 14

Originally posted by redbadger
Sir Loin is the only one to be Knighted
A Sirloin in the UK is what we Americans call a Striploin or New York Strip. What we call a Sirloin in the US you call a rump in the UK. What we call a rump I guess you call it a silver side or bottom round. 😕

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
12 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Trev33
Agreed. It has the best flavor and tenderness combination IMO. I like a Filet Mignon or Tenderloin, but often they lack flavor, and also being a muscle inside the body cavity and being right next to the kidneys, they can have an unpleasant taste sometimes. At 25 bucks a pound and up beef tenderloin IMO is not a good buy. It is the most expensive part of any animal too BTW. I look for reduced ones and also cheap ones with a bacon wrap are a good deal for the price. But for a tenderloin you get what you pay for. These are genuine tenderloin steaks, but from lesser quality and lesser grade beef. The following is from my local grocer's ad:
Ledbetter Bacon Wrapped Beef Tenderloin Filets (6 oz) – $3.50

l

Moves
12 Jul 14

T-bone steak. I used to love it, never eat it now. I can't remember when I last saw it on a Swedish menu. Last time I had it was many years ago, in Italy - Bistecca fiorentina with a slice of lemon.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by lolof
T-bone steak. I used to love it, never eat it now. I can't remember when I last saw it on a Swedish menu. Last time I had it was many years ago, in Italy - Bistecca fiorentina with a slice of lemon.
The T-bone is a huge chunk of meat, though, and unnecessarily expensive, any more.

I prefer the porterhouse.

But CP and Trev are right, rib-eye is awesome on the grill.

Bistecca fiorentina - I had to look this up, but it sounds delish. 🙂

l

Moves
13 Jul 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
The T-bone is a huge chunk of meat, though, and unnecessarily expensive, any more.

I prefer the porterhouse.

But CP and Trev are right, rib-eye is awesome on the grill.

[b]Bistecca fiorentina
- I had to look this up, but it sounds delish. 🙂[/b]
It was lovely, particularly on that occasion. I was with a friend in Florence for two weeks to study Italian, and we managed to get lost in the city in search of a restaurant. After much walking we found ourselves outside of the absolute centre, the streets were empty and so were our stomachs. We had no map and nobody to ask - and then all of a sudden we were lucky to find this restaurant and were served a delicious Bistecca fiorentina. I didn't know how it was prepared until I googled it a while ago.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
13 Jul 14

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Agreed. It has the best flavor and tenderness combination IMO. I like a Filet Mignon or Tenderloin, but often they lack flavor, and also being a muscle inside the body cavity and being right next to the kidneys, they can have an unpleasant taste sometimes. At 25 bucks a pound and up beef tenderloin IMO is not a good buy. It is the most expensive part of ...[text shortened]... ing is from my local grocer's ad:
Ledbetter Bacon Wrapped Beef Tenderloin Filets (6 oz) – $3.50
tenderloine in the uk is fillet the most expensive cut then sirloin rump rib eye skirt(skirt is very tasty but takes twice as long to cook great in stir fries)

rc

Moves
13 Jul 14

tenderloine in the uk is fillet the most expensive cut then sirloin rump rib eye skirt(skirt is very tasty but takes twice as long to cook great in stir fries)
wow eating cows has to be the craziest thing I've heard of in ages.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
13 Jul 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what beats me is the way Quorn market their products as burgers chicken fillets(kieve)chicken& mushroom pies shepherds pie sausages all pretend meat they even do bacon and it really tastes like the real Mccoy

rc

Moves
13 Jul 14

what beats me is the way Quorn market their products as burgers chicken fillets(kieve)chicken& mushroom pies shepherds pie sausages all pretend meat they even do bacon and it really tastes like the real Mccoy
yes! Today i will buy a beer in your honour, its called Badger tanglefoot and drink it while Die Mannschaft lift the world cup!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Jul 14

Cows are for milk.

Eating cows? Wow, you ARE sick!

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
13 Jul 14

yes! Today i will buy a beer in your honour, its called Badger tanglefoot and drink it while Die Mannschaft lift the world cup!
you allowed milk Robbie and how can a veggie drink beer when its cleared using isinglass whish is fish scales and are you allowed cheese containing rennet hmm I wonder what they do with cows when they get to old to give birth and produce milk?🙄

rc

Moves
13 Jul 14

you allowed milk Robbie and how can a veggie drink beer when its cleared using isinglass whish is fish scales and are you allowed cheese containing rennet hmm I wonder what they do with cows when they get to old to give birth and produce milk?🙄
First of all one can milk a cow without having to eat it afterwards and from this cow one gets yogurt, milk and cheese, kill the cow and you get a rather large messy carcass. Secondly there are many chesses which do not contain rennet

http://cheese.joyousliving.com/CheeseListBrand.aspx

and thirdly here is another list of beers which do not use said finings and you will notice that Badger tanglefoot just happens to be on that list,

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/geraint.bevan/Vegetarian_beers.html

here is an email from the manufacturers of said beer,

thank you for your email regarding our ales and their suitability for vegetarians.

Our bottled range is suitable for vegetarians but our cask ales are not. This is due to the way in which the beer is produced and filtered, animal finings are used in production of our cask ales, but a different process is used for the brewing of the bottled ales.

I would advise that unless it states very clearly on the bottles, suitable for vegetarians you would have to assume they are not suitable, unless you contact the brewers direct as you have with us. On our bottles we are currently reviewing having this put on the labels.

Our bottled range include Tanglefoot, Badger Original, Golden Champion, Golden Glory Fursty Ferret and Blandford Fly. You are able to view the rest of our beers on our website www.badgerales.co.uk

Hope this is of some help!

Kind Regards

Jo Alman
Marketing Executive
Hall & Woodhouse Ltd
The Brewery, Blandford St.Mary, Dorset.
DT11 9LS
Tel 01258 452141
Fax 01258 486078

Why must you test me Great Badger, are you unaware that I am Holy and cannot be touched?