Suicide Pill

Suicide Pill

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
07 Mar 09

Originally posted by black beetle

I always create my own rules😵
By trial and error, thus experience? The scientific method?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
07 Mar 09

Originally posted by mikelom
By trial and error, thus experience? The scientific method?
By using the evaluation of the mind -Philosophy and Science, my dear mikelom; nice thread this one of yours, congrats🙂

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
07 Mar 09

By using the evaluation of the mind -Philosophy and Science, my dear mikelom; nice thread this one of yours, congrats🙂
Just to go back to the beginning, relatively. What if your evaluation is based upon delusion and, as I wrote later, pre-conceived ideas that may be totally inaccurate because they are untested or formulated early in life. Isn't your evaluation dangerous then? Just a Q 😉

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
07 Mar 09

Originally posted by mikelom
Just to go back to the beginning, relatively. What if your evaluation is based upon delusion and, as I wrote later, pre-conceived ideas that may be totally inaccurate because they are untested or formulated early in life. Isn't your evaluation dangerous then? Just a Q 😉
In such a case the product/ conclusion/ theory have not derive due to the evaluation of the mind; the evaluation of the mind is a standard procedure that unables the Human to avoid delusions; therefore it is enough to be aware of what you know and of what you ignore. Everything else follows😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Mar 09

I don't play nobody's game; I do not play Clifford's game, your game, Jesus Game, Muhhamed's game, Socrates' game, Bobby's game. Whatever Clifford said is a product of his brain. I am not forced to bow to anybody's mental projections in case these projections are against my Intelligence.

I always create my own rules😵
Seems that good old boy Bill Henley was playing his 'Invictus' version of the same game, way back when, when you were still a pup. Yes?

😉

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
07 Mar 09

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Seems that good old boy Bill Henley was playing his 'Invictus' version of the same game, way back when, when you were still a pup. Yes?

😉
Oh, this miserable atheist black beetle is an insufferable ignorant dolt!

Who is that illustrious Henley and his noble "Invictus"?
😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
07 Mar 09

😉
...for, the Henley who said that he is the master of his fate and the captain of his soul was named Ernest. Who is the mighty Billy?
😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Mar 09
2 edits

...for, the Henley who said that he is the master of his fate and the captain of his soul was named Ernest. Who is the mighty Billy?
😵
William Ernest Henley (1849-1903)... affectionately aka Bill in Bobby's and Billy in Beetle's respective books.

😀

By the way, beginning to wonder what if any external authority 'The You' typically accepts other than the law of gravity and the rules of chess.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
07 Mar 09

William Ernest Henley (1849-1903)... affectionately aka Bill in Bobby's and Billy in Beetle's respective books.

😀

By the way, beginning to wonder what if any external authority 'The You' typically accepts other than the law of gravity and the rules of chess.
I accept every rule that is not against my Intelligence, Bobby my friend😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Mar 09

I accept every rule that is not against my Intelligence, Bobby my friend😵
Wondering what 'The You' regards as the ultimate source of objective knowledge.

😉

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
07 Mar 09

😉
And what exactly is "objective knowledge"? There is just Knowledge, based on Philosophy and scientific finds and evidence, and there is constant evolution of this Knowledge of ours. Our Knowledge of yesterday becomes the myth of our Today😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
07 Mar 09

😉
But, to be frank, this Silent Me inside me is indifferent to the "this and that" of the Human -and Human I am, Human I remain, I am not better or worst than anybody.
This Silent Me is just the emanation of Life projected in myself, however you see solely my thoughts and my body; and I cannot reach this Silent Me with my mind, and I cannot show it to you. However I can see whether or not somebody is aware of this or not.

Nothing Holy😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Mar 09
2 edits

And what exactly is "objective knowledge"? There is just Knowledge, based on Philosophy and scientific finds and evidence, and there is constant evolution of this Knowledge of ours. Our Knowledge of yesterday becomes the myth of our Today😵
Just the title of a book by Popper... "Objective Knowledge (An Evolutionary Approach)", Karl Popper, Oxford University Press, 1972.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Mar 09

😉
Friendly bump of a question still begging an answer.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Mar 09
1 edit

But, to be frank, this Silent Me inside me is indifferent to the "this and that" of the Human -and Human I am, Human I remain, I am not better or worst than anybody.
This Silent Me is just the emanation of Life projected in myself, however you see solely my thoughts and my body; and I cannot reach this Silent Me with my mind, and I cannot show it to you. However I can see whether or not somebody is aware of this or not.

Nothing Holy😵
Believe 'holy' and 'holiness' are outmoded and anachronistic terms. Holiness = justice and righteousness or in 2009 speech... integrity.