Things You'd Like to Know

Things You'd Like to Know

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Sep 15

Originally posted by divegeester
A. I haven't even seen the first series you mention

Q. Am I likely to fall foul of Grampy Bobby's forum wrath for not giving a full blown answer to your question?
A: You might get the OP re-copy pasted at you.

Q: Ouch! Breaking Bad, not yet?

Moves
05 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
A: You might get the OP re-copy pasted at you.

Q: Ouch! Breaking Bad, not yet?
A. Surprisingly no. I've become more work and Internet orientated (apparent from watching the football) in the last couple of years. I really must make an effort to watch TV. Now there's something I thought I would never say.

Q. What have you said recently, that you thought you would never say?

F

Moves
05 Sep 15
1 edit

Q. What have you said recently, that you thought you would never say?
A: Masukan jeruk dikembalikan ke mangkok buah, sabuk kulit dikembalikan di lemari, dan bawalah kantong plastik dengan Anda ketika Anda keluar lewat pintu belakang.

Q: Would Mandarin have more chance of knocking English off its world language pedestal if it found a way to ditch its logographic characters?

Moves
05 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
A: Masukan jeruk dikembalikan ke mangkok buah, sabuk kulit dikembalikan di lemari, dan bawalah kantong plastik dengan Anda ketika Anda keluar lewat pintu belakang.

Q: Would Mandarin have more chance of knocking English off its world language pedestal if it found a way to ditch its logographic characters?
A. mandarin is a language I know nothing about and therefore feel compelled to discuss as though I were an expert. It has no chance of becoming the international language because English is God's language and will always be the favoured tongue of the world.

Q. While we are talking England; Wayne Rooney has just equalled Bobby Charlton's England goal scoring in the game (currently being being broadcast) against San Marino. My question to you is two fold: 1. Do you thing Wayne is a worthy player to take Charlton's record? And 2. Do you think the manager's jibe about the England cricketers being able to play in the San Marino game, the political and jingoistic sleight that some elements of the press are making it out to be?

F

Moves
05 Sep 15

Q: Do you think the manager's jibe about the England cricketers being able to play in the San Marino game, the political and jingoistic sleight that some elements of the press are making it out to be?
A: It depends; does the San Marino wicket take spin on the first day?

Q: Do you think Wayne Rooney is a worthy player to take Bobby Charlton's record?

Moves
05 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
A: It depends; does the San Marino wicket take spin on the first day?

Q: Do you think Wayne Rooney is a worthy player to take Bobby Charlton's record?
Actually no I don't. I think Roonay is a good player, but he is a product of the millennial generation, and in sporting terms that means he just turns up and "expects". He started very young and benefited from the extra years that provided. He is not a "pioneer" not is he "courageous" in that respect, but I admit he is talented. Bottom line: would I want him in my team at his price? Answer: No.

F

Moves
05 Sep 15

Actually no I don't. I think Roonay is a good player, but he is a product of the millennial generation, and in sporting terms that means he just turns up and "expects". He started very young and benefited from the extra years that provided. He is not a "pioneer" not is he "courageous" in that respect, but I admit he is talented. Bottom line: would I want him in my team at his price? Answer: No.
this what wiki has to say about sir robert "bobby" charlton cbe born 11 october 1937 is an english former football player regarded as one of the greatest midfielders of all time and an essential member of the england team who won the world cup in 1966 the year he also won the ballon d'or he played almost all of his club football at manchester united where he became renowned for his attacking instincts and passing abilities from midfield and his ferocious long-range shot he was also well known for his fitness and stamina he was cautioned only twice in his career; once against argentina in the 1966 world cup and once in a league match against chelsea his elder brother jack who was also in the world cup-winning team is a former defender for leeds united and international manager born in ashington northumberland charlton made his debut for the manchester united first-team in 1956 and over the next two seasons gained a regular place in the team during which time he survived the munich air disaster of 1958 after being rescued by harry gregg after helping united to win the football league in 1965 he won a world cup medal with england in 1966 and another football league title with united the following year in 1968 he captained the manchester united team that won the european cup scoring two goals in the final to help his team be the first english side to win the competition he has scored more goals for england 49 and united 249 than any other player charlton held the record for most appearances for manchester united 758 before being surpassed by ryan giggs he was selected for four world cups 1958 1962 1966 and 1970 and helped england to win the competition in 1966 at the time of his retirement from the england team in 1970 he was the nation's most capped player having turned out 106 times at the highest level this record has since been held by bobby moore and peter shilton he left manchester united to become manager of preston north end for the 1973–74 season[2] he changed to player-manager the following season he next accepted a post as a director with wigan athletic then became a member of manchester united's board of directors in 1984 and remains one as of march 2015

Moves
05 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
A: It depends. I am about 8°S and 110°E. Where are you?

Q: Have you seen the excellent spin off of Breaking Bad ~ Better Call Saul?
Q. Where are you?
A. Look up.

Better call Saul is on my radar. (But not yet seen it).

Moves
05 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
this what wiki has to say about sir robert "bobby" charlton cbe
Is that you, Grampy? Why have you taken over FMF's account?

F

Moves
06 Sep 15

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
A: It was a mere invocation. Remain calm.

Q: Who do you think is the second most cited writer in the Oxford English Dictionary from this jumbled list of the top six? ... Dryden, Chaucer, Scott, Shakespeare, Dickens and Milton.

Moves
06 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
A: It was a mere invocation. Remain calm.

Q: Who do you think is the second most cited writer in the Oxford English Dictionary from this jumbled list of the top six? ... Dryden, Chaucer, Scott, Shakespeare, Dickens and Milton.
A. 'All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.' (Scott).

Q. Who would win in a fight, Dickens or Scott?

F

Moves
06 Sep 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
A. 'All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.' (Scott).

Q. Who would win in a fight, Dickens or Scott?
A: If Mamet was scripting it, it would be Alec Baldwin who'd come out winner.

Q: If you have to stay up all night to get something done, how many days does it take before you've fully recovered from doing so?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Sep 15

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
A. The wording "an english former football player" would not apply to yours truly.

Q. What is the significance of your own site nickname?

F

Moves
07 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
A: No. There are few top international teams that Rooney would get picked for, but in his heyday Charlton would have walked into most of them.

Q: Do you have to contend with the challenges of a full blown rainy season?

Moves
11 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
A: No. There are few top international teams that Rooney would get picked for, but in his heyday Charlton would have walked into most of them.

Q: Do you have to contend with the challenges of a full blown rainy season?
A: Ya I guess so....wait................

Q: Do we have a rainy season?