Things You'd Like to Know

Things You'd Like to Know

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Sep 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I answered your question, which I copied verbatim from your OP. I then asked a question of my own. So what is your issue?
A: At the moment my issue is I'm sitting on the loo with no tissue and my cries for "help" are going unheeded (no, there are, at present, no refills under the sink).

Q: Do I chance making it to the "vault" for a replacement, with my pants around my ankles in the hope that someone doesn't appear (my partners daughter-in-law is here visiting from afar) finding me in an uncompromising situation?

Moves
22 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
A: At the moment my issue is I'm sitting on the loo with no tissue and my cries for "help" are going unheeded (no, there are, at present, no refills under the sink).

Q: Do I chance making it to the "vault" for a replacement, with my pants around my ankles in the hope that someone doesn't appear (my partners daughter-in-law is here visiting from afar) finding me in an uncompromising situation?
Fascinating how Gb can be here spamming the place up from from one hour to the next, and then, when a question is asked of him...

Sabbatical...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Sep 15
4 edits

I answered your question, which I copied verbatim from your OP. I then asked a question of my own. So what is your issue?
Originally posted by divegeester (Page 60)
A. Physical assertiveness moves through a spectrum of emotional phases and confrontational personal space stances before finally evolving into full blown physical aggression.

Q. At what point does online social assertiveness become passive aggression?

"I answered your question, which I copied verbatim from your OP. I then asked a question of my own. So what is your issue?

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
"Things You'd Like to Know (answer one and then ask one)

Q. At what point does social assertiveness become aggression?"

You restated the question which initialized this thread in the OP. Please quote responsibly.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
It was the 14th February in Indonesia.
Originally posted by FMF (Page 60)
"Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Q. Why do some people get their kicks out of criticizing other people in public? (from 14th February ~ great question which deserves being revisited."

Since I made no posts on "14th February", please authenticate the source of this quotation by indicating the page number./

You're better than an awkward and evasive pusillanimous response.

F

Moves
22 Sep 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
You restated the question which initialized this thread in the OP. Please quote responsibly.
How so, Grampy Bobby? divegeester asked "At what point does online social assertiveness become passive aggression?" which is a different question from your OP.

F

Moves
22 Sep 15
1 edit

You're better than an awkward and evasive pusillanimous response.
Pusillanimous? What are you on about? Your question on 14th February was: "Why do some people get their kicks out of criticizing other people in public?"

drewnogals's answer ~ also on the 14th February ~ was: "Because they need to be loved."

F

Moves
22 Sep 15

Q. Why do some people get their kicks out of criticizing other people in public?
Once again:

A: Not sure. But maybe you yourself should reflect upon this question.

Q: Why is 'the west' mainly only interested in peculiar and oddball news stories from Japan, a major nation with one of the world's biggest economies.

Moves
23 Sep 15

How was my quote of the question in your OP in any way "irresponsible"? I quoted you verbatim.

Moves
23 Sep 15

Thing I'd like to know...

I'd like to know why Grampy Bobby is avoiding my question.

Moves
23 Sep 15

Thing I'd like to know...

I'd like to know why Grampy Bobby is avoiding my question.
A: He may be pondering how to respond.

Q: Is now a good time to buy VW stock or do you think it's best to wait a bit longer before you jump in?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Sep 15

Q: Is now a good time to buy VW stock or do you think it's best to wait a bit longer before you jump in?
A. I would wait a while.

Q. Would Stephen Fry make a good Prime Minister?

F

Moves
24 Sep 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Q. Would Stephen Fry make a good Prime Minister?
A: I've heard rumours he's a homosexual. If it's true ~ or even perceived as being true ~ he could be blackmailed with threats of being exposed. This could affect policies opposed by the blackmailers. So, no.

Q: Would the establishment of a functioning government in Somalia amount to a curtailing of Somalians' liberty?

Moves
24 Sep 15
4 edits

Perhaps it would better for Grampy Bobby if he pondered how to respond before falsely accusing people of irresponsibly misquoting him when no such thing happened. Grampy Bobby is very fond of criticising other posters for what he sees as their forum misdemeanours, going so far as to post "Russ'" terms and conditions at people. Sometimes he does this over and over again in the same thread. In this thread he has also reprimanded people for not following what he sees as his rules and also incorrectly admonished me for allegedly misquoting him, when I had done no such thing. Then, rather than post a brief apology for his error, he just abandons the thread in the hope that his behaviour will go unnoticed. It this and other behaviour like it, that have given Grampy Bobby the reputation of being a pompous overweening forum Lord and is why he receives many of the 'thumbs-down' that he complains so bitterly about and calls people cowards for given them to him.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
[b]A: I've heard rumours he's a homosexual. If it's true ~ or even perceived as being true ~ he could be blackmailed with threats of being exposed. This could affect policies opposed by the blackmailers. So, no.
Stephen Fry is quite open about his sexuality. Think he might even have had a civil partnership.

F

Moves
24 Sep 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Stephen Fry is quite open about his sexuality. Think he might even have had a civil partnership.
He is also a purveyor of ironic comments from time to time, which you may have, on occasion, missed. 😉

Q: Why does a Lieutenant General outrank a Major General but a Major outranks a Lieutenant?