1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 10:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]He is also a purveyor of ironic comments from time to time, which you may have, on occasion, missed. 😉
    Oops, sorry missed that. Usually my irony radar is quite sensitive. 🙂
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 14:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    He is also a purveyor of ironic comments from time to time, which you may have, on occasion, missed. 😉

Q: Why does a Lieutenant General outrank a Major General but a Major outranks a Lieutenant?
    A: When you reach the rank of general the alphabet is reversed.

Q: In a similar (military) vein, does it not make sense to reverse the age restrictions when conscripting people into the armed forces?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 00:07
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    A: When you reach the rank of general the alphabet is reversed.

Q: In a similar (military) vein, does it not make sense to reverse the age restrictions when conscripting people into the armed forces?
    A: This question brings to mind a theory I heard recently that claims congestion (at, say, boarding gates in an airport) would be reduced if a policy of serving first those who most recently joined the queue were adopted.

Q: What social reality lies behind the frequent depiction in U.S. TV and film of enmity and (sometimes) violent conflict between police officers and firefighters?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 05:121 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    A: This question brings to mind a theory I heard recently that claims congestion (at, say, boarding gates in an airport) would be reduced if a policy of serving first those who most recently joined the queue were adopted.

Q: What social reality lies behind the frequent depiction in U.S. TV and film of enmity and (sometimes) violent conflict between police officers and firefighters?
    A) Absolutely none. Firefighters and police officers are both professional "first-responders" with different duties and so there is zero reason for personal enmity. AFAIK, they look upon one another as equals. TV and film are not reality.

Q) Which is more cute, kittens or puppies?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 05:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    A) Absolutely none. Firefighters and police officers are both professional "first-responders" with different duties and so there is zero reason for personal enmity. AFAIK, they look upon one another as equals. TV and film are not reality.

Q) Which is more cute, kittens or puppies?
    A. Kittens is more cute 😛

Q. Which do you prefer a blue sky on a Monday or a rainy day on a Sunday
  6. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 11:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    A. Kittens is more cute 😛

Q. Which do you prefer a blue sky on a Monday or a rainy day on a Sunday
    A)Blue Monday

Q) why are u such an ham shanker ?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 12:341 edit
    Originally posted by redbadger
    A)Blue Monday

Q) why are u such an ham shanker ?
    A. Good breeding

Q. I thought you were leaving the site?
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 14:48
    A. Good breeding

A: "Not I", said Ben Gunn.

Q: Have you ever been strip searched?
  9. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 14:55
    A. Good breeding

weaning myself off jacked in playing chess just like tormenting sad twats like u
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 21:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    A: I've heard rumours he's a homosexual. If it's true ~ or even perceived as being true ~ he could be blackmailed with threats of being exposed. This could affect policies opposed by the blackmailers. So, no.

Q: Would the establishment of a functioning government in Somalia amount to a curtailing of Somalians' liberty?
    " Rumours he's a homo " he's a bent as a "nine bob note "
    As a bent as a fiddler's elbow you wouldn't want to play naked leap frog with him .
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 06:18
    Originally posted by phil3000
    " Rumours he's a homo " he's a bent as a "nine bob note "
    As a bent as a fiddler's elbow you wouldn't want to play naked leap frog with him .
    A: I think you're maybe just casting aspersions.

Q: What's the best way to handle a taxi driver who claims he has no change for a 'big note' that's, say, worth twice the fare?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '15 16:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Absolutely none. Firefighters and police officers are both professional "first-responders" with different duties and so there is zero reason for personal enmity. AFAIK, they look upon one another as equals. TV and film are not reality.
    A: Several Americans over the years have told me about the conflict we're talking about, and I note that, being recognizable, the phenomenon is also reflected in American drama from time to time.

Q: Does the person who first created sticky 'post-it' notes still earn money from the intellectual property that his or her idea represented?
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Sep '15 00:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    A: I think you're maybe just casting aspersions.

Q: What's the best way to handle a taxi driver who claims he has no change for a 'big note' that's, say, worth twice the fare?
    A: Guess the ride was free then.

Q: Why is it that the prevailing winds are most often westerly?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '15 09:571 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Q. At what point does social assertiveness become aggression?
    A. Physical assertiveness moves through a spectrum of emotional phases and confrontational personal space stances before finally evolving into full blown physical aggression.

Q. At what point does online social assertiveness become passive aggression?
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Sep '15 12:53
    A. Physical assertiveness moves through a spectrum of emotional phases and confrontational personal space stances before finally evolving into full blown physical aggression.

Q. At what point does online social assertiveness become passive aggression?
    A: Halfway.

Q: Is the current Pope as open to change as he appears to be?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree