trump

trump

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
22 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
What does "the vote Difference for California" have to do with "Most votes wins the election"?
Because if my memory serves (no guarantee), the college system was put in place to prevent the most populous states controlling power.

F

Moves
22 May 17

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
Because if my memory serves (no guarantee), the college system was put in place to prevent the most populous states controlling power.
What does how populous a state is have to do with the people who happen to live there and who cast votes for the people they want?

w

Moves
22 May 17

Originally posted by wolfgang59
1. Simple majority to elect President.

2. Reduced powers for President.

3. Independent Boundaries Commission to sort out gerrymandering.
No, what needs addressed is Congress first.

Congress gave the President term limits citing corruption as the reason for the need for term limits, however, they never set any for themselves.

The problem is, Congress is the one who passes laws, so it is a pipe dream to think they would do it to themselves. The only way to get it done Is the Article V movement. In the process they can do other things to curtail the increasing powers in the Federal government that are routinely abused.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
22 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
What does how populous a state is have to do with the people who happen to live there and who cast votes for the people they want?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=college+voting+system

F

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
I'm not interested in a link to the interwebz. I'm more interested in what you have to say about what you said. What is it about the people who live in California ~ and whose wishes are those of the majority ~ that means their votes should count for less than people who live within some other administrative boundaries ~ and whose wishes are in the minority?

F

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by whodey
Congress gave the President term limits citing corruption as the reason for the need for term limits, however, they never set any for themselves.
Tackle corruption by all means, but term limits surely restrict democratic choice. I don't want to be told 'X has represented you before, you want X to represent you again, but you are not allowed to choose X because X is not allowed to represent you anymore'.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by JS357
Each of us could begin by being kinder.
and less greedy, materialistic ..

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by apathist
Warlord, but you offered some other stuff I'm too drujnk too figure out right now. I don't like you to disrespect women.
.. man ... I haven't been drunk since I drank bourbon ... so jealous ...

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Population arms itself. Bricks itself in. One strike and you're out (and so build more prisons). Downward pressure on poor and middle class incomes so as not to demotivate them. Upward pressure on the incomes of the wealthy so as not to demotivate them. Allow rubbish food to be fed to children in schools. Restrict access to healthcare for unhealthy people who ar ...[text shortened]... ts who shout questions out at elected officials in public places. Not necessarily in this order.
These are the worst ideas I've ever heard.

But what's bothering me isn't the stupid ideas in your post. It's that so far, 2 people have actually agreed with you.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by Suzianne

But what's bothering me isn't the stupid ideas in your post. It's that so far, 2 people have actually agreed with you.
hook
line
and
sinker

F

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Population arms itself. Bricks itself in. One strike and you're out (and so build more prisons). Downward pressure on poor and middle class incomes so as not to demotivate them. Upward pressure on the incomes of the wealthy so as not to demotivate them. Allow rubbish food to be fed to children in schools. Restrict access to healthcare for unhealthy people who are impecunious. Frame the environment, legally, as an entity with human rights and then protect its right to be polluted. Defund any projects around the world that have the word 'woman' in the title. Prosecute journalists who shout questions out at elected officials in public places. Not necessarily in this order.

These are the worst ideas I've ever heard. But what's bothering me isn't the stupid ideas in your post. It's that so far, 2 people have actually agreed with you.

Something is bothering you about my post?

F

Moves
23 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
hook
line
and
sinker
hook
line
and
sinker
hiss
fumble
swish
and
miss

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 May 17
1 edit

Why are you making out his 'ideas' were anything other than ironic?

And I struggle to locate the 2 people you say agreed with these ironic comments. (The thumbs up are more likely in appreciation of the irony).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Originally posted by FMF
[b]Population arms itself. Bricks itself in. One strike and you're out (and so build more prisons). Downward pressure on poor and middle class incomes so as not to demotivate them. Upward pressure on the incomes of the wealthy so as not to demotivate them. Allow rubbish food to be fed to children in schools. Restrict access to he ...[text shortened]... so far, 2 people have actually agreed with you.

Something is bothering you about my post?[/b]
You can read, yes?

I told you what bothered me about your post if you'd care to read it before 'auto-sneering' it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Why are you making out his 'ideas' were anything other than ironic?

And I struggle to locate the 2 people you say agreed with these ironic comments. (The thumbs up are more likely in appreciation of the irony).
Are you saying that people might 'thumb-up' the poster instead of the content of the post?

I was clear about what I was reacting to. 'Auto-sneer' doesn't really look that good on you.