1. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 20:38
    all you have to do Stees is just start hitting the alert button and it will come
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 20:43
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    all you have to do Stees is just start hitting the alert button and it will come
    There are three things I don't do here...thumbs up, thumbs down and alert.
  3. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 20:50
    i bow down to your Sir Stees
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 01:31
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    i bow down to your Sir Stees
    Please, you're embarrassing me...OK I lie like a cheap rug.😲😛
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 20:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Had the forum moderation adequately dealt with the situation it would not have allowed itself to escalate to the point where people were being banned. Simply issue a warning and if its ignored a forum ban. If they do it again increase the forum ban. People don't leave the site because they want to, they leave it because they feel they have been treated unfairly or unjustly.
    Oh please.
    People have such chips on their shoulders and are never the instigator, always the victim.

Good riddance.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 20:323 edits
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Oh please.
    People have such chips on their shoulders and are never the instigator, always the victim.

Good riddance.
    This is logically fallacious because no one I know has actually claimed that they are not in some degree partly to blame. What has actually been claimed is that had the moderation been adequate then the situation would not have been allowed to escalate. If you cannot discern the difference then I don't hold out much hope for you.

Sure thing, adiós amigo.
  7. Standard memberkrieghoff
    Carrobie was here
    JW Watchtower, NY
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 04:45
    Oh please.

Good riddance.
    😏
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 07:13
    Originally posted by krieghoff
    😏
    we have a special place for you and your silicon buddies
  9. Joined
    05 Dec '14
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 08:201 edit
    Originally posted by lemondrop
  10. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 10:16
    This is logically fallacious because no one I know has actually claimed that they are not in some degree partly to blame. What has actually been claimed is that had the moderation been adequate then the situation would not have been allowed to escalate. If you cannot discern the difference then I don't hold out much hope for you.

Sure thing, adiós amigo.
    You've been here long enough to know what I say is true.

Your bias beats out any perceived fallacy I may have committed, like a nun beating a red-headed orphan.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 10:472 edits
    You've been here long enough to know what I say is true.

Your bias beats out any perceived fallacy I may have committed, like a nun beating a red-headed orphan.
    On the contrary I reject your 'truth', on the basis that it demonstrates an unwillingness to grapple with any reality not peculiarly your own.

There is no bias in my statement for I have acknowledged that people are responsible for their own actions and contribute in some way to their demise. Your insinuation of bias is therefore demonstrably false. Furthermore these draconian three year bans could have been prevented with adequate and effective moderation and a willingness to understand another's perspective. People were left with no explanation and when they attempted to ascertain one were delivered an ultimatum. 'If you don't like the moderation then you can get lost'. That not only reflects very poor communication skills but quite simply very poor moderation because its purely punitive and makes NO attempt to solve anything.

If you are not interested in solution just say so but please quit the pretense that these bannings were inevitable, they could with adequate management have been prevented. The solution is quite simple, make me the king of moderation and I will handle everything much more effectively than this present regime of slackers.

Your analogy also makes NO sense.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 11:00
    a moderator should be

1. a good listener
    2. empathetic
    3. have excellent communication skills
    4. excellent powers of discernment
    5. friendly
    6. open to suggestion
    7. willing to compromise
    8. objective
    9. reasonable
    10. discreet
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 11:30
    On the contrary I reject your 'truth', on the basis that it demonstrates an unwillingness to grapple with any reality not peculiarly your own.

There is no bias in my statement for I have acknowledged that people are responsible for their own actions and contribute in some way to their demise. Your insinuation of bias is therefore demonstrably f ...[text shortened]... ch more effectively than this present regime of slackers.

Your analogy also makes NO sense.
    I don't care enough about your biased projections, so will not engage here further.

The persons named, and many others, received multiple communications, but chose to ignore them.
    They were banned.

fin
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 16:291 edit
    I don't care enough about your biased projections, so will not engage here further.

The persons named, and many others, received multiple communications, but chose to ignore them.
    They were banned.

fin
    No one asked you if you cared, its clear that you do not that is why you are a very poor moderator. Thankyou for proving the point at hand, I could have done it without you but its always satisfying to see such self incrimination.

Neeeeext!
  15. Standard memberkrieghoff
    Carrobie was here
    JW Watchtower, NY
    Moves
    01 Dec '15 03:56
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    Take care with the accusations morondrop or you'll be joining the other five in the 'village of the banned'. Good riddance to them and their infantile forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree