What are you watching? 2023 No.2

What are you watching? 2023 No.2

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
243d

just watched Garth Marenghi's Darkplace again, even better than first time round

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
242d

Flemming, a German series based on the US series "Lie to me"

F

Moves
242d

@fmf said
KIN

Both about the criminal underworld in Dublin.

Both brilliant.
Finished series 1. Top notch. The review quoted by Wikipedia is bafflingly wide of the mark:

"Alex McLevy of The A.V. Club gave the series a B- and wrote: "It's simply an opportunity to watch some gifted actors do what they do, very well, with a story that glides along in entertaining but unoriginal manner."

Very wrongheaded.

It's a prime example of why I rarely read reviews of TV series BEFORE I watch them. I just rely on word of mouth among friends.

F

Moves
232d

I am just starting Yellowstone.

The first episode, lasting 90 mins, was emotionally exhausting, complex, and very intense. Great script and characters and then there's the beautiful backdrop.

Very promising.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
222d

dune
netflix
i watched this a couple years ago on max
then i ditched max as i tightened the streaming belt

the sound effects are so intense

F

Moves
222d

@fmf said
I am just starting Yellowstone.

The first episode, lasting 90 mins, was emotionally exhausting, complex, and very intense. Great script and characters and then there's the beautiful backdrop.

Very promising.
The performance by British actress Kelly Reilly as Beth Dutton is extraordinary.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
207d

"The Americans" a series about KGB agenst that lived like ordinary US citizens... a bit too eager to show blood in my opinion.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
192d

We finished that...though think there was overly much sex and bllod, the general idea was well, characters showed plausble development and the series avoided oversimplification.

We are now in the last installement of Mrs. Maisel, and that seems to force the end. Much less enjoyable than the previous ones.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
185d

BBC drama - Bleak House by Charles Dickens.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
185d

@drewnogal said
BBC drama - Bleak House by Charles Dickens.
Who the Dickens thumbs down Dickens? 😲

F

Moves
185d

The Reckoning

Stirred some interesting controversy as to where the finger was being pointed and whether it should have been made at all.

But Steve Coogan's performance is masterful.

F

Moves
185d

Frasier 2023 has been underwhelming to put it mildly. Kelsey Grammer is a fine old-school comic actor but the reboot of this show is nothing better than a bog-standatd US sitcom with a heart. Having said that, the plot of episode 6 and the way it was carried off was worthy of the original series.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
185d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Who the Dickens thumbs down Dickens? 😲
Someone with whom ‘I am bored to death ……’ 🙂

F

Moves
185d

@drewnogal said
Someone with whom ‘I am bored to death ……’ 🙂
Perhaps you bear some guilt-by-association in the mind of a single redthumber hell bent on retribution?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
185d
1 edit

@fmf said
Perhaps you bear some guilt-by-association in the mind of a single redthumber hell bent on retribution?
Indeed …. a person somewhat like one of those vengeful, Dickensian characters in Bleak House.