1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 11:01
    For me, I can't tell if someone is acting well tbh and I don't take that much notice of the location. Really good stories will have me watch more than once. It's costumes and the style of the shoot that I like or don't like.
    My all time favourite film is The Fifth Element. The costumes are fantastic. They were created by Jean Paul Gaultier.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 11:33
    The fifth element was a good movie, surprisingly because I don't usually like that sort of thing.

I think the actors makes a big difference.
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 11:43
    @a-unique-nickname said
    The fifth element was a good movie, surprisingly because I don't usually like that sort of thing.

What's the worst acting you've ever seen?
    I remember when people were saying Scarlett Johansson was a bad actor- but honestly I don't know why they said it. I couldn't tell at all! But hte acting in Willow the film seemed a bit wooden, the series has been fantastic though.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 12:04
    @yo-its-me said
    I remember when people were saying Scarlett Johansson was a bad actor- but honestly I don't know why they said it. I couldn't tell at all! But hte acting in Willow the film seemed a bit wooden, the series has been fantastic though.
    When i say actors i mean we all have our favorite, maybe you like Bruce Willis and that why you like the movie so much?

I think she's a bit wooden but i haven't seen her in much, only Lucy that i remember.

I happened to see the last 10 minutes of an episode of the flash, season 7 i think. How it got to 7 i don't know, all the acting was awful.
  5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 12:11
    @a-unique-nickname said
    When i say actors i mean we all have our favorite, maybe you like Bruce Willis and that why you like the movie so much?

I think she's a bit wooden but i haven't seen her in much, only Lucy that i remember.

I happened to see the last 10 minutes of an episode of the flash, season 7 i think. How it got to 7 i don't know, all the acting was awful.
    Yeah, I do like Bruce. I loved Die hard and that one where he goes back in time. But I can't watch them again and again like I can the 5th element.
    I think I've seen Lucy, i don't rememebr.

But that's what I mean- it's not the acting for me in a film. Maybe it is in the background, a film can feel off and I don't really know why- maybe it's the acting isn't believable. But it's the costumes that I like to see.
    Any costume drama is good. Even when the costumes aren't right, like in War and Peace- they were still lovely to see.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 12:14
    @yo-its-me said
    In a big movie: Nicholas Cage

On TV: support actors in Dr Who
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 12:16
    Good movie for me is the all about the story first, acting second, screenplay third and action/effects last.
  8. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 12:18
    @divegeester said
    In a big movie: Nicholas Cage

On TV: support actors in Dr Who
    You don't like Nicolas Cage? Isn't he a good actor?
    I haven't seen many of his except random ones.
    I've not noticed any bad acting on Dr Who!!
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 13:18
    @yo-its-me
    I am not a fan of action films ,Die hard was great in its day,15th element was a bit childish but ok, I really enjoyed Fargo ,No country for old men, snatch & red dog.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 13:231 edit
    @a-unique-nickname said

I too liked Fifth Element, good story, good cast, good (not OTT) effects.

In the sci fi genre, I have a couple of favorites: THX 1138 and Blade Runner (Original), both of them very moody/atmospheric/dystopian. Good stories, good cast.
  11. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 13:24
    @badradger said
    @yo-its-me
    I am not a fan of action films ,Die hard was great in its day,15th element was a bit childish but ok, I really enjoyed Fargo ,No country for old men, snatch & red dog.
    red dog- you don't mean Clifford?

What I remember of the other films, they all have gritty dialogue scenes don't they?
    Do you like Pulp Fiction?
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 13:26
    @divegeester said
    Good movie for me is the all about the story first, acting second, screenplay third and action/effects last.
    I too like a good yarn, especially with a twist. Sixth Sense or The Others, for example.

I like a good straight-faced comedy, too: Spinal Tap and Waking Ned Divine I can watch again and again.
  13. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 13:27
    @moonbus said
    I too liked Fifth Element, good story, good cast, good (not OTT) effects.

In the sci fi genre, I have a couple of favorites: THX 1138 and Blade Runner (Original), both of them very moody/atmospheric/dystopian. Good stories, good cast.
    I haven't seen THX is that on Netflix?
    Did you like Mad Max?
    I used to like it- but it is a bit weird viewing now I'm a 'proper' adult!

Another film I can't enjoy now I'm an adult is Carry on Matron- it's awful now, but I remember laughing my head off when I was a kid watching that.
  14. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 13:27
    @moonbus said
    I too like a good yarn, especially with a twist. Sixth Sense or The Others, for example.

I like a good straight-faced comedy, too: Spinal Tap and Waking Ned Divine I can watch again and again.
    I might have to check these films out!
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 13:40
    @yo-its-me
    A goood script

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree