1. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 14:08
    @very-rusty said
    Good Will Hunting (1997) Worldwide box office earnings: $225.9 million. ...All that matters is the money the movie brought in, no one is concerned about roles or lines in the movie. People are concerned what did that movie haul in for us. πŸ™‚

-VR
    The actors like to win Oscars.
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 14:10
    @very-rusty said
    People are concerned what did that movie haul in for us. πŸ™‚

-VR
    Us, like the US?
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 14:11
    @badradger said
    yeah pulp is great red dog is an ozzy film, sci fi films i like include memento,the butterfly effect,donny darko
    donny darko was brilliantly haunting, I love to hate that film! Good costumes.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 14:20
    @fmf said
    @yo-its-me
    A goood script
    A good script starts with a good writer; The Importance of Being Earnest, now there’s a cracking good script.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 14:37
    @yo-its-me said
    Us, like the US?
    What are you on about Us is not U.S?.....> πŸ˜›

-VR
  6. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 14:41
    @very-rusty said
    What are you on about Us is not U.S?.....> πŸ˜›

-VR
    Do you have shares in the film industry or something- I don't get why making money is what matters. It's not the biggest grossing film is it? That's got to be Avatar or something with good special effects and which film it is will constantly be replaced with another because the costs go up
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 17:56
    @yo-its-me
    The Shawshank Redemption - a great film.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 18:50
    @yo-its-me said
    You don't like Nicolas Cage? Isn't he a good actor?
    Take a look at City of Angels and let me know what you think.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 18:51
    @yo-its-me said
    Do you have shares in the film industry or something- I don't get why making money is what matters. It's not the biggest grossing film is it?
    It’s the first hit in his Google search.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 19:03
    @yo-its-me said
    Do you have shares in the film industry or something- I don't get why making money is what matters. It's not the biggest grossing film is it? That's got to be Avatar or something with good special effects and which film it is will constantly be replaced with another because the costs go up
    If you don't get why making money matters you have some problems. It is all about making money.

-VR
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    03 Mar '23 19:30
    @very-rusty said
    Good Will Hunting (1997) Worldwide box office earnings: $225.9 million. ...All that matters is the money the movie brought in, no one is concerned about roles or lines in the movie. People are concerned what did that movie haul in for us. πŸ™‚

-VR
    That's not quite true - quality is what we remember from a good film. I recently watched Avatar 2, without having seen Avatar, a waste of money I would say. The film wasn't my choice and I will remember it because if was two long and totally predictable and too much going on. I bought tickets for my grandson, 14, and his two friends as I believe it was more suitable for them. I hope they liked it.
  12. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    05 Mar '23 06:13
    @divegeester said
    Take a look at City of Angels and let me know what you think.
    I love that film! Not seen it in years. I forgot he was in that
    Sound track is beautiful.
    I like his coat...megs hair...sound track...the idea of falling in love so deep so quick. I loved the Di vito ex angel character best mind. Sad ending.
  13. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    05 Mar '23 06:18
    @torunn said
    That's not quite true - quality is what we remember from a good film. I recently watched Avatar 2, without having seen Avatar, a waste of money I would say. The film wasn't my choice and I will remember it because if was two long and totally predictable and too much going on. I bought tickets for my grandson, 14, and his two friends as I believe it was more suitable for them. I hope they liked it.
    Yeah, exactly. Unless you're the one benefiting from the profits made, or trying to learn from a high profit production- I don't get why it'd be interesting.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '23 23:35
    @yo-its-me said
    I love that film! Not seen it in years. I forgot he was in that
    Sound track is beautiful.
    I like his coat...megs hair...sound track...the idea of falling in love so deep so quick. I loved the Di vito ex angel character best mind. Sad ending.
    It’s nice that you enjoyed it; I found it to be excruciatingly sentimental and poorly acted to the point of it being cringeworthy.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Mar '23 01:29
    I am halfway through Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and I am quite enjoying it. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch a Tarantino film since the abysmal Kill Bill.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree