1. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 23:55
    Originally posted by Russ
    Comments on the above please?
    The analysis board doesn't show legal moves, the conditional equivalent should not - rejection of a move should be at the "real" time that move could have been played - i.e. after ones opponent moved.
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 04:57
    Originally posted by orangutan
    Conditionals have two modes - quick and deep.

Hope this helps / makes sense.
    It always does! 😉 Folks, look back over the Help forum posts and see how many times his name pops up. I think orangutan should get some kind of "help desk" award from RHP. He's always there with the advice. Thanks, you big ape. 😛
  3. Miami, Florida
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 12:09
    Originally posted by Russ
    Comments on the above please?
    I'd tend to agree with DeepThought.
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 13:03
    Personally I would not wish it to provide assistance as in my mind this is 3rd party assistance.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 13:531 edit
    Ona different note:

If you look at this game: Game 5631509

You'll find that the result is dispalyed as checkmate, but the position on the board is not. Of course one need not be a genius to figure out the moves by white and black that lead to the mate.

So the question is: Is this not displayed (and noted in the pgn) because I had this in a conditional move?

EDIT: Something strange happened, when I tested the link the result was dispalyed correctly...Was I seeing a ghost?
  6. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 18:27
    I do not understand the part where it says the conditional moves are queued for "90 days only"?! If my opponent takes over 90 days for his next move, he would have timed-out by then. Could someone explain?
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 18:32
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Ona different note:

If you look at this game: Game 5631509

You'll find that the result is dispalyed as checkmate, but the position on the board is not. Of course one need not be a genius to figure out the moves by white and black that lead to the mate.

So the question is: Is this not displayed (and noted in the pgn) because I had this in a ...[text shortened]... nge happened, when I tested the link the result was dispalyed correctly...Was I seeing a ghost?
    I clicked the game link and got:

Looks like mate from here. Did you get a different position?
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 18:381 edit
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    I do not understand the part where it says the conditional moves are queued for "90 days only"?! If my opponent takes over 90 days for his next move, he would have timed-out by then. Could someone explain?
    The conditional move will be played at anytime during a game where that position is reached - not just the next move.

edit : 90 days was chosen just so we can housekeep any abandoned games. Any game lasting longer that 90 days is likely to have progressed to a point that any recorded condition is unlikely to be played anyway.
  9. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 19:00
    OK, suppose I program this position:

e2-e4

Will every "open invite" game I play from now start with 1. e4? Or should I program in...
  10. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 19:00
    This position:

If Nc6-b8, e2-e4.
  11. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 19:561 edit
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    OK, suppose I program this position:
    e2-e4

Will every "open invite" game I play from now start with 1. e4?
    The conditional moves are made against each game. It's not a thing that applies to all your games, just the specific game in which you record a move.

Your second example is a slightly unorthodox starting position. I'm not sure I've ever come across a game that starts Nc6.
  12. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 20:04
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    It always does! 😉 Folks, look back over the Help forum posts and see how many times his name pops up. I think orangutan should get some kind of "help desk" award from RHP. He's always there with the advice. Thanks, you big ape. 😛
    Thank you Monty.

I'm simply lulling everyone into a false sense of security with all my helpful advice. I'm doing this so that when I hack into all of the accounts and steal the unused portions of the subs subscription fees, and the rating points from all the non-subs - no one will ever think it was the helpful ape.
    I think you'll agree it's a perfect plan.

[edit: Don't go telling anyone now will you - our little secret 😉 ]
  13. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 02:26
    I can't seem to set a conditional move for my opponent to castle. When I move the King over two spaces it doesn't want to automatically move the Rook. So if I try to move the Rook over like you do on the Analise board that doesn't seem to work either. Is that a bug in the system or am I missing something? It shows up as a recorded conditional queue wrong. 5....Ke8g8 6, e5 which is an illegal move since there is no castling. How do I make it right?
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 09:17
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I clicked the game link and got:

[fen]rn4Q1/p1ppkp1p/bp6/8/4P3/1P6/P1Pb2PP/RKq3NR w - - 0 18[/fen]

Looks like mate from here. Did you get a different position?
    Yes I did get the situaton after move 17 (the white bishop had not move) with the verdict checkamte. However after visiting via the link after posting I found the correct situation as you referred to.

So my fisrt question has been: Do the conditional moves not show up?

And my second question after the first was rendered nonsensical: Does it take time to show the conditional moves? (Just like in the clan challenges, where points are only awarded when the challenge is visited.
  15. Blighty
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 11:55
    Can we have the ability to set up conditional openings? I often use the same one (as Im a bad player perhaps) with slight changes depending on my opponent, but if we could set up a hierarchy of openings just to get the games more quickly in to the nitty gritty.

Just a thought.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree