1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Dec '08 18:07
    Originally posted by dweezil
    I just got the same content coding error as well with Firefox 3.0.3 with Windows. My conditional move still shows as you said. I was promoting a pawn though and while my conditional move shows a pawn on the bank rank, I never got a chance to designate which piece I could promote my pawn to. As my opponent has no choice as to their next move, the condition is sure to be applied. It will be interesting to see what happens.
    This problem has now been fixed.

A silly mistake that slipped past testing because I turned off page compression when testing. Lesson learned.
  2. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Moves
    06 Dec '08 18:22
    Originally posted by Russ

A silly mistake that slipped past testing because I turned off page compression when testing. Lesson learned.
    Yes, the conditional move worked fine for me just now.
  3. Joined
    06 Sep '02
    Moves
    06 Dec '08 19:16

I can confirm that this is fixed now.
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 20:23
    Can you promote pawns on conditional moves? I couldn't work out how to tell it I wanted a queen. I even shouted into the mouse.
  5. Joined
    04 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 18:22
    Originally posted by SammyJ
    Can you promote pawns on conditional moves? I couldn't work out how to tell it I wanted a queen. I even shouted into the mouse.
    *bump* I'd like to know this too...
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 18:25
    Originally posted by jaryvan
    *bump* I'd like to know this too...
    This is not possible right now.

The next iteration of this will make it available.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 17:02
    can you do an empasant pawn conditional move
  8. Joined
    16 Aug '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 21:35
    I can't find deep mode. I'd like to make a series of conditional moves. Is this possible? I thought I saw it before.
  9. Joined
    16 Aug '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 21:36
    Nevermind. Found it.
  10. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '08 18:25
    I uncovered a conditional move problem. I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but I've just started out here. I tried setting up a conditional move on a specific game. I opened with e4 and then set up a condition so that if my opponent moved d5 then I would move Nf6. My opponent then deleted the game. Now, the conditional move is stuck in my list of conditional moves and can not be deleted (as the game no longer exists).
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '09
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 17:03
    Is there a thread that explains conditional moves?
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 21:27
    Originally posted by Catonis
    I uncovered a conditional move problem. I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but I've just started out here. I tried setting up a conditional move on a specific game. I opened with e4 and then set up a condition so that if my opponent moved d5 then I would move Nf6. My opponent then deleted the game. Now, the conditional move is stuck in my list of conditional moves and can not be deleted (as the game no longer exists).
    Let me see if I understand your problem:
    You started with 1w. e2e4, right?
    Then you will set the conditional move so if he moves 1b. d7d5, then you will automatically move 2w. Ng8f6, right?
    Sorry, I don't think the conditional move will allow you to do that...
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 21:29
    Originally posted by Roman Scanlon
    Is there a thread that explains conditional moves?
    This thread will explain the deep movde of the conditional moves: Thread 107673

Why not include this text in the FAQ?
  14. Joined
    28 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 05:03
    Any questions, post them here. I will update the FAQ once we have covered the most common questions. Please keep this thread on topic.
    I posted this query separately already, but then I saw you had a Conditional Move thread here. I was wondering why when you make a legal en passant move in your conditonal move that the site thinks it an error. I know that I played it correctly. Glitch in the system perhaps? Can this be fixed? I appreciate your time in this matter.
  15. Joined
    14 Oct '09
    Moves
    25 Nov '09 00:06
    Am I able to promote a pawn to a Queen if I still have a Queen on the board?
    Thank you.
    Barry Miller

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree