1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '07 11:54
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Ragnorak says in Thread 69651:
    "How does someone abuse the system? If they move while on vacation, then they are still using up their vacation allowance."

He believes that there can't be any abuse about the vacation system of RHP.
    He even quotes Russ to back his opinion.
    Poor ol' Ragnorak has no imagination.

Even sites like Gameknot don't bias the system for non-subscriber v subscriber games like they do here.
    Games have to be played on a level playing field. 😠
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    16 Jun '07 13:032 edits
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Wrong on two counts.
    1. It's 30 days
    2. All MEMBERS don't get to use the Vacation Shuffle - only SUBSCRIBERS.*

Edit: *to prevent abuse - lmao.
    Sorry doc.
    I was thinking, That paying Subscribers are members only. Which is kinda true. But however you want to word it is fine with me.

But as someone else said it is 36 days of vacation a year for paying subscribers. Some have less days right now because they became subscribers after the first of the year. So they are prorated so to speak. If they stay subscribers into next year they will get 36 days of vacation next year.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Jun '07 17:59
    Ragnorak says in Thread 69651:
    "How does someone abuse the system? If they move while on vacation, then they are still using up their vacation allowance."

He believes that there can't be any abuse about the vacation system of RHP.
    He even quotes Russ to back his opinion.
    Would you care to explain what abusing the vacation system is, if you don't agree with Rags? I'm very interested in what you consider abuse.

P-
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '07 19:00
    Subscribers should be able to play without the advantage of VS if they want to. It's not a benefit if it's compulsory. Is it?
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '07 20:05
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Would you care to explain what abusing the vacation system is, if you don't agree with Rags? I'm very interested in what you consider abuse.

P-
    The methods of abusing the vacation system has been discussed before, by various people, in various threads, like in
    Thread 69307 and Thread 69651
    I think too that the vacation system of today is not perfect. It can be abused. I don't know how a system with sealed moves can be abused though.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 03:37
    The methods of abusing the vacation system has been discussed before, by various people, in various threads, like in
    Thread 69307 and Thread 69651
    I think too that the vacation system of today is not perfect. It can be abused. I don't know how a system with sealed moves can be abused though.
    Explain to me how moving on vacation is abusing the system. People have 36 days each year to use their time, not a minute more. You use it when you want.

You move on vacation.

When your 36 days are done, you don't have this time anymore.

So, where is the abuse I ask again? I've seen the threads.

P-
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 03:44

So, where is the abuse I ask again? I've seen the threads.

P-
    Maybe people are meaning unsportsmanlike manipulation and officially according to the rules not abuse.
  8. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 03:581 edit
    I'm not sure how I understand what happens in the latter half of the year has any bearing on the games currently being played..

scenario: Someone starts game A - 1/0 timebank.. and stays on vacation and plays whenever they feel they have the time.. The game lasts 28 days , and the person could have been timed out numerous times if they were not on vacation.. Now.. everyones answer to that is.. that he has used up his vacation allotment, so now he can't go on vacation.. but that still does not change the fact that he used it and abused the system for the 1 game.. Do we only measure abuse based on averages across the year?

The person that lost doesn't get any consolation knowing that his opponents NEXT game against someone else gets played without vacation.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 15:35
    Maybe people are meaning unsportsmanlike manipulation and officially according to the rules not abuse.
    So now we need to determine intent when someone puts their flag up? They have 36 days to use AS THEY PLEASE. That is what Rags pointed out Russ saying.

When I go on vacation will people feel better if I say I took an airplane south and may move when I can rather than a message saying "Ha ha! I am abusing my alloted vacation time for kicks."?

P-
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 18:41
    Originally posted by MIODude
    but that still does not change the fact that he used it and abused the system for the 1 game..
    How did he abuse the system? Remembering that the "vacation" in "Vacation System" represents a vacation from timeouts, nothing else.

D
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 21:05
    So now we need to determine intent when someone puts their flag up?

P-
    In many cases it is blatant.

Anyway good luck to all who use, abuse or have it used or and abused against them. I'm immune to it now. 😛
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 22:50
    In many cases it is blatant.

Anyway good luck to all who use, abuse or have it used or and abused against them. I'm immune to it now. 😛
    No one is being abused, no one is abusing it. You use it when you want, how you want.

P-
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 03:02
    No one is being abused, no one is abusing it. You use it when you want, how you want.

P-
    Not with me they don't. 🙁
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 03:25
    Not with me they don't. 🙁
    I went to US Air and told them I was ready to take a vacation. They wanted money for the plane ticket!

😠

Gerks! That's not fair at ALL!

P-
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '07 05:46
    I went to US Air and told them I was ready to take a vacation. They wanted money for the plane ticket!

😠

Gerks! That's not fair at ALL!

P-
    Simple answer........don't use their stupid plane. 😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree