New World Champion

New World Champion

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
03 Oct 07

Originally posted by Red Night
Watching the three of you go at it in this thread blurs the lines between comedy and tragedy.
hey, we'll do whatever to facilitate procrastination!

M

Moves
03 Oct 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
How old are you really? You act like a child.
He must be a prodigy child, being a lawyer.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Oct 07

Originally posted by Mephisto2
He must be a prodigy child, being a lawyer.
Anyone can claim anything on the web. A lawyer would know what an Argument from Precedent was and what a fallacious Appeal to Authority was. He didn't.

M

Moves
03 Oct 07
1 edit

Anyone can claim anything on the web. A lawyer would know what an Argument from Precedent was and what a fallacious Appeal to Authority was. He didn't.
You sound like you have proven now that he is not a lawyer, just like you have proven that Anand is not the current worldchampion. Can we sort a few other questions out now that you are in the mood: was Jezus married, is Elvis dead, .... ?

edit: I forgot a smiley, but can't find an appropriate one now.

London

Moves
03 Oct 07
1 edit

Who are 'the three of you'? As far as I can count, there are more than three people that posted several times in this thread. Are you planning to give an on-topic comment as well, or would that spoil the drama? So, here goes: is Anand WC at the moment?
In my opinion yes...and shoot me if this has been mentioned in an earlier post....and shoot me again (in the knees first so I die slowly) if it's not true...but didn't Karpov become world champion by default...without winning a title match.

My other opinion about the wc thing is that the lack of a Kasparov like "head and shoulders above the rest" champ could well be because the overall standard of chess has gone up considerably and this has been aided by the internet and computers. There are now more contenders at a higher standard making it that much harder to get so clearly ahead of them.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 Oct 07

"Weaker" compared to the Kramnik and Anand. You've already tried this dishonest game before; when will you stop?

No s**t I could learn from their games, as could you (or don't you think so?). I could learn from every Grandmaster game played last year and the year before, etc. etc. etc. So could you. But I don't have time to parse through ...[text shortened]... ch. The games at Mexico City will be forgotten when people are still studying the WC games.
Are games of Mexico all grandmaster games? 😀

So you are studying only games of WC matches, only because they have been played in WC? Then my condolence to you, because you dont know how many exiting games from world class tournaments you haven`t see and perhaps wont see.

"The games at Mexico City will be forgotten" are your dreams which have nothing common with reality - people who knows chess history still remember such great tournaments as Hastings 1895 St.Petersburg 1896, 1909 and 1914, New York 1924 and 1927, Nothingham 1936, AVRO 1938, Match-tournament 1948, Zurich 1953 etc.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Oct 07

You sound like you have proven now that he is not a lawyer, just like you have proven that Anand is not the current worldchampion. Can we sort a few other questions out now that you are in the mood: was Jezus married, is Elvis dead, .... ?

edit: I forgot a smiley, but can't find an appropriate one now.
I suppose it's possible he's a really dumb lawyer.

Probably.

Probably.

Actually, I never claimed to have "proven" anything in this thread; "proving" a matter of opinion is an impossibility. I have insufficient info to know for certain what Korch does but I do know he lacked knowledge that a lawyer (even in Latvia) would be expected to know. He also acts like a spoiled kid though that would not be too unusual in American lawyers.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 Oct 07

How old are you really? You act like a child.
You can read in my profile. And don`t you afraid to say how old are you?

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 Oct 07

I suppose it's possible he's a really dumb lawyer.

Probably.

Probably.

Actually, I never claimed to have "proven" anything in this thread; "proving" a matter of opinion is an impossibility. I have insufficient info to know for certain what Korch does but I do know he lacked knowledge that a lawyer (even in Latvia ...[text shortened]... He also acts like a spoiled kid though that would not be too unusual in American lawyers.
You have showed your prejudices against me and other lawyers. So your opinion have zero value 🙂

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Oct 07

Originally posted by Korch
Are games of Mexico all grandmaster games? 😀

So you are studying only games of WC matches, only because they have been played in WC? Then my condolence to you, because you dont know how many exiting games from world class tournaments you haven`t see and perhaps wont see.

"The games at Mexico City will be forgotten" are your dreams which have nothing ...[text shortened]... 4, New York 1924 and 1927, Nothingham 1936, AVRO 1938, Match-tournament 1948, Zurich 1953 etc.
Those were great tournaments. Mexico City wasn't.

Who said I only studied WC games? You are truly absurd.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Oct 07

You can read in my profile. And don`t you afraid to say how old are you?
I read your profile; from your postings here and in other threads, it's most likely a bunch of BS.

Yes, I'm terrified to state how old I am on an internet chess site.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 Oct 07
1 edit

Why? Your arrogant attitude against some participants of Mexico is not argument.

I did not say that you have no studied - if you have read my post more carefully then you would see that I asked if you are studying only WC games and in second sentence did use word "then".

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 Oct 07
3 edits

I read your profile; from your postings here and in other threads, it's most likely a bunch of BS.

Yes, I'm terrified to state how old I am on an internet chess site.
I have read your other postings too and saw that you did show lack of manners also in other discussions.

Btw. Did you send PM with cheating accusation against seadevil only to me or also to other players who did take part in discussion of Thread 77790?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Oct 07

[b]Those were great tournaments. Mexico City wasn't.
Why? Your arrogant attitude against some participants of Mexico is not argument.

I did not say that you have no studied - if you have read my post more carefully then you would see that I asked if you are studying only WC games and in second sentence did use word "then".[/b]
1) There are no players playing there except Kramnik who would even be in the discussion of the 10 greatest players of all-time. The tournaments you mention had Lasker, Capablance, Rubinstein, Alekhine, Botvinnik, etc. etc. etc. Many of those tournaments had 3 or more of the greatest players of all-time. I like Gelfand, Moroveich and a few others, but legendary players they are not.

2) The tournament was decided well before the last round and the winner had 6 short draws. There was a decided lack of drama as to the result plus Anand did not show much fighting spirit in many of his games (look at the last round game with Leko). Kramnik also seemed to lose interest after he failed to defeat Anand in their second game; the Grischuk draw after 13 moves was shameful. Do you think players will find those games to be "classics"?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Oct 07
1 edit

I have read your other postings too and saw that you did show lack of manners also in other discussions.

Btw. Did you send PM with cheating accusation against seadevil only to me or also to other players who did take part in discussion of Thread 77790?
Do you know what the "P" in "PM" means?

I can put anything I want into a PM unless I am harassing another user here. It's NOYB what I put in PMs to anybody but you and it is childish and ignorant of you to reveal the contents of a PM in a public forum without the sender's permission.

Again, a lawyer would know this. Do you blab about your pretend client's communications to you on the web, too?

EDIT: You would be wise to edit your post though it will probably be deleted by the mods anyway.