New World Champion

New World Champion

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
03 Oct 07

Originally posted by Mephisto2
reality.

Speaking of reality, I'm smelling a great reality TV show here.

Korch, Mephisto, and Defrauder trapped on a desert Island with only ONE internet connection and NO ONE can get voted off.

(You can only get voted ON to Foolagain's Island.)

Each week a different contestant would compete for Grand Master Points by convincing the other two he was correct on a seemingly innocuous topic, i.e. "the sky is blue," " 1 + 1 = 2."

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Oct 07

Originally posted by Red Night

Korch, Mephisto, and Defrauder trapped on a desert Island with only ONE internet connection and NO ONE can get voted off.

Each week a different contestant would compete for Grand Master Points by convincing the other two he was correct on a seemingly innocuous topic, i.e. "the sky is blue," " 1 + 1 = 2."
I thought you opposed spamming threads?

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 Oct 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
1) There are no players playing there except Kramnik who would even be in the discussion of the 10 greatest players of all-time. The tournaments you mention had Lasker, Capablance, Rubinstein, Alekhine, Botvinnik, etc. etc. etc. Many of those tournaments had 3 or more of the greatest players of all-time. I like Gelfand, Moroveich and a few others, but le ...[text shortened]... draw after 13 moves was shameful. Do you think players will find those games to be "classics"?
In your opinion Leko, Anand and Morozevitch are not great players which people will remember after their death???? And that Aronian have no chances to become legendar?

Zurich 1953 was decided before last tournament. to say nothing about
New Yourk 1927 and Match-tournament 1948.
And result of Mexico was not so 100% decided even before last round. Dont you think that Leko are not able to beat Anand? Or that Geldand cant win Morozevitch?

Lack of drama? What about both Kramnik-Anand games? Or Kramnik-Grishckuk and Morozevitvh-Kramnik games? Tragedy`s of Aronian and Leko who seemed to be pretendents to 1st place before tournament?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Korch
In your opinion Leko, Anand and Morozevitch are not great players which people will remember after their death???? And that Aronian have no chances to become legendar?

Zurich 1953 was decided before last tournament. to say nothing about
New Yourk 1927 and Match-tournament 1948.
And result of Mexico was not so 100% decided even before last round. Dont you ...[text shortened]... ames? Tragedy`s of Aronian and Leko who seemed to be pretendents to 1st place before tournament?
Why don't you actually read what I write? Are ANY of those players in the same league as Capablanca, Lasker or Alekhine? Of course not. They may be "great" players, but they aren't and won't be placed in the same category as those players.

No, Leko isn't capable of beating Anand when he doesn't even try (20 move draw?). There were a few good games, but you keep forgetting what this tournament is being compared to: the greatest tournaments in chess history. And it doesn't compare at all.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 Oct 07

Do you know what the "P" in "PM" means?

I can put anything I want into a PM unless I am harassing another user here. It's NOYB what I put in PMs to anybody but you and it is childish and ignorant of you to reveal the contents of a PM in a public forum without the sender's permission.

Again, a lawyer would know this. Do you blab ...[text shortened]... ou would be wise to edit your post though it will probably be deleted by the mods anyway.
I did not ask you to send your PM`s and did not promise to keep them in secret. So I don`t feel obliged to keep in secret crap which you have written.

And if you did not know - you may be banned for sending annoying PM`s.

You should less backbite others - then you wont need to afraid if someone will tess content of your PMs or not.

And you are not my client - you are very impolite person who backbits others in PMs.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Oct 07

I did not ask you to send your PM`s and did not promise to keep them in secret. So I don`t feel obliged to keep in secret crap which you have written.

And if you did not know - you may be banned for sending annoying PM`s.

You should less backbite others - then you wont need to afraid if someone will tess content of your PMs or not.

And you are not my client - you are very impolite person who backbits others in PMs.
I'm not "afraid" of anything particulary a loudmouth posing as a lawyer to make himself look like a big shot. Rationalize your revealing of the contents of a PM any way you want; but the "P" stands for what, jerk?

You should see the PM's I'm sending about you!

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 Oct 07
1 edit

Why don't you actually read what I write? Are ANY of those players in the same league as Capablanca, Lasker or Alekhine? Of course not. They may be "great" players, but they aren't and won't be placed in the same category as those players.

No, Leko isn't capable of beating Anand when he doesn't even try (20 move draw?).
Are ANY of those players in the same league as Capablanca, Lasker or Alekhine?
Why not?

No, Leko isn't capable of beating Anand when he doesn't even try (20 move draw?)
Anand (not Leko) did choose drawish line, because in last round he needed draw to guarantee him 1st place independently of result in Morozevitch - Gelfand game. And must I show you examples how Leko have beaten Anand with black?

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 Oct 07
3 edits

I'm not "afraid" of anything particulary a loudmouth posing as a lawyer to make himself look like a big shot. Rationalize your revealing of the contents of a PM any way you want; but the "P" stands for what, jerk?

Keep whining but it wont help you - you did show yourself enough Mr.Backbite

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Oct 07

[b]I'm not "afraid" of anything particulary a loudmouth posing as a lawyer to make himself look like a big shot. Rationalize your revealing of the contents of a PM any way you want; but the "P" stands for what, jerk?

Keep whining but it wont help you - you did show yourself enough Mr.Backbite[/b]
You think that post was "whining"? You need a English tutor (maybe they could help you with the meaning of things like "Private Messages"😉.

M

Moves
03 Oct 07

Originally posted by Red Night

From which post of mine did you take the word "reality" out of its context?

ps. "Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban."

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Oct 07

[b]Are ANY of those players in the same league as Capablanca, Lasker or Alekhine?
Why not?

No, Leko isn't capable of beating Anand when he doesn't even try (20 move draw?)
Anand (not Leko) did choose drawish line, because in last round he needed draw to guarantee him 1st place independently of result in Morozevitch - Gelfand game. And must I show you examples how Leko have beaten Anand with black?[/b]
Only someone as ignorant of chess history as you would suggest that Svidler or Grischuk or Leko etc. etc. etc. are in the same category as Capablanca, Alekhine, etc. etc. etc.

And Leko agreed to a draw in 20 moves. How hard was he trying to win? The game was a classic grandmaster draw as every commentator recognized. You do know what that means, don't you?

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 Oct 07
2 edits

Only someone as ignorant of chess history as you would suggest that Svidler or Grischuk or Leko etc. etc. etc. are in the same category as Capablanca, Alekhine, etc. etc. etc.

And Leko agreed to a draw in 20 moves. How hard was he trying to win? The game was a classic grandmaster draw as every commentator recognized. You do know what that means, don't you?
Only such ignorant person as you may try to lower these great players in the name of your deformed reality.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 Oct 07

You think that post was "whining"? You need a English tutor (maybe they could help you with the meaning of things like "Private Messages"😉.
Yes it was miserable whining by backbiting coward who is trying to hide behind private messages.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
03 Oct 07

Those were great tournaments. Mexico City wasn't.

Who said I only studied WC games? You are truly absurd.
you just said today that you haven't seen the 'weak' games from mexico, and have no intention to do so.

once again you're claiming things with no facts supporting you whatsoever.

z

Moves
03 Oct 07

I advice you to state your arguments instead of claims which you should argue.
I think internet chess has clouded your reasoning ability. Idealy, you will have unlimited (or very large) number of games between two players to determine the better player (assuming perfect playing and health conditions) - FACT.

The question is how can you devise a knockout system of matches between all chess players?
Tournaments are the answer - they weed out the weaker players and leave the strong players at top. However, the winner of the tournament is not necessaily the best player in one on one competition. Therefore have the top 2-5 players play each other in matches to determine the strongest player.
This is 'aproximately' the system before. Strong players perform consistently well in tounaments (and matches) and are given a shot for WC in a match.

There is no way a champion should lose his WC by placing 2nd in a tournment.
On the other hand, this is similar to Professional wrestling where they invent 'gimmicks' . I recall a few instances where the 'World champion' would lose in some wierd torunament and then would come back and say he never was beaten. Then , they set up for the next pay per view match between the 'Champion' who won torunament and the challenger the ex-champion.
Good for publicity. Thats for sure.

But if you think tournaments only should determine the champion - i suspect something is wrong with you!