Black Holes + JuMBOs = Dark Matter?

Black Holes + JuMBOs = Dark Matter?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
197d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The answer is 'yes'. (Spherical halos of dark matter, massive in size, encompass each galaxy, confining gases and speeding up the outer rotation).
I disagree. No amount of matter can account for that rotation curve. That observation defies the known laws of gravity. It is as if all the stars in the galaxy have strings attached to them and the center of the galaxy. Compare that to our solar system. How long does Uranus year last compared to Mercury? When you get the answer ask yourself if dark matter (in as much abundance as you wish) can change the rotation curve that much in our solar system to be like a galaxy's rotation curve.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
197d

@metal-brain said
I disagree. No amount of matter can account for that rotation curve. That observation defies the known laws of gravity. It is as if all the stars in the galaxy have strings attached to them and the center of the galaxy. Compare that to our solar system. How long does Uranus year last compared to Mercury? When you get the answer ask yourself if dark matter (in as much abun ...[text shortened]... h) can change the rotation curve that much in our solar system to be like a galaxy's rotation curve.
If 90% of matter is indeed dark matter, that should be sufficient.

MB

Moves
197d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
If 90% of matter is indeed dark matter, that should be sufficient.
Do you mean regular matter that cannot be seen or the purely theoretical non baryonic matter nobody can prove really exists?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
197d

@metal-brain said
Do you mean regular matter that cannot be seen or the purely theoretical non baryonic matter nobody can prove really exists?
The latter.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
196d

@Metal-Brain
We know there is extra matter that does not seem to react with much of anything in the universe and that is pretty much the sum total of what we know about the stuff.
It could be the ghost of aliens from another universe for all we know.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
196d

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain

For the love of God, don't put ideas in his head.

MB

Moves
196d

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
We know there is extra matter that does not seem to react with much of anything in the universe and that is pretty much the sum total of what we know about the stuff.
There is no evidence it exists.
Might as well be fairy dust.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
196d

@Metal-Brain
Right, no evidence. The fact we see gravitational lensing from a galaxy not having enough mass to do the job is total bogus. Got it.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
195d

43 minutes long, be warned

MB

Moves
195d

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
Right, no evidence. The fact we see gravitational lensing from a galaxy not having enough mass to do the job is total bogus. Got it.
The galaxy has a super massive black hole in the center of it. Duh!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
195d
1 edit

@metal-brain said
The galaxy has a super massive black hole in the center of it. Duh!
But have you personally seen the black hole at the centre of galaxy?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
195d

@divegeester said
But have you personally seen the black hole at the centre of galaxy?
I heard his name is Azathoth

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
195d

@athousandyoung said
I heard his name is Azathoth
Metal Brain keeps claiming that other people’s assertions aren’t true because they “haven’t personally seen” what they are talking about.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
195d

@divegeester
I wonder how many electrons he has seen, if he can't see them they must not exist, right🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
195d

@AThousandYoung
What a darling! I'm in love🙂 I doubt Metallic Brain will ever watch this video.
The mere idea that without dark matter we would basically not have galaxies because it takes dark matter to coalesce regular baryon matter into the clusters we see as galaxies.
Of course Metal foam brain would dispute that because one of his fringe site buddies said so and he believes ANY fringe out on the limb BS "science'' over ANY PHD like that delightful woman on this video, I am a ham so I get the idea of being down on the word amateur and that guy that built that little radio telescope was amazing, amazing first off because the size of the dish is what, 8 feet across maybe?
So the RF signals coming in are not so weak you need a Goldstone Space Tracking Center to register them. On a side note, speaking of that place, I was offered a job there from my background on Apollo and turned it down for a REALLY stupid reason. Anyway I HOPE metal fuzzbrain actually watches this video, it is WAY above his head so I don't know how much he could understand.