Do you fellers ever toy with 'Flat Earth' discussions?

Do you fellers ever toy with 'Flat Earth' discussions?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
05 Sep 22

I have looked it up and never see a clear, concise explanation of the concept, with maybe one exception, and that is that a plane seems to always fly in a straight line, and never curves around the contour of the planet.

MB

Moves
05 Sep 22

@averagejoe1 said
I have looked it up and never see a clear, concise explanation of the concept, with maybe one exception, and that is that a plane seems to always fly in a straight line, and never curves around the contour of the planet.
Did people think the moon was flat?
The shadows on the moon indicate it is a sphere. I doubt all ancient people thought the earth was flat. Didn't the Incas know better?

mlb62

Moves
05 Sep 22

@metal-brain said
Did people think the moon was flat?
It's been proven by NASA that the moon is hollow...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Sep 22

@ogb
And owned by Donald Trump🙂

Moves
06 Sep 22

"Fellers".

No, boy. Go back to your shack.

MB

Moves
07 Sep 22

@averagejoe1 said
Even ancient people could tell the sun was far way from the moon just by observing the shadow of the moon. The Incas knew the earth revolved around the sun. Europeans were ignorant compared to them. All they had to do is observe.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Sep 22

@Metal-Brain
ATT in old Europe, science, especially astronomy, had to tred lightly.
If the Earth revolves around the sun then that means everything we thought we knew was wrong. Maybe Galileo helped that along when he saw the 4 big moons of Jupiter and how they moved around the planet. Maybe that softened up enough people that they gave up the idea Earth was the center of the universe and see it is just another planet in our solar system, you don't even need interstellar grade telescopes to see the planets, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars and so forth, no telescope needed to see Mars, Mercury or Venus from Earth and some of the outer planets, Jupiter and Saturn would be visible to naked eyes but it took a lot of observations done by an army of astronomers in early South America and they pegged some of it.

Moves
08 Sep 22
2 edits

@metal-brain said
The Incas knew the earth revolved around the sun. Europeans were ignorant compared to them.
The Incas knew this in 1500 AD; the Greeks in, at the earliest, 240 BC. Who's ignorant now, boy?

(Expected "reply": "What is your source?" )

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Sep 22

@averagejoe1 said
I find arguing with flat earthers tedious. No matter how many arguments and facts you present to them, it always ends up in a rabbit hole where there must be a massive world-wide conspiracy to hide the 'truth' in order for them to keep on maintaining their position.

MB

Moves
09 Sep 22

@shallow-blue said
The Incas knew this in 1500 AD; the Greeks in, at the earliest, 240 BC. Who's ignorant now, boy?

(Expected "reply": "What is your source?" )
Did I claim anybody was first?
Nope.

MB

Moves
09 Sep 22

@moonbus said
I find arguing with flat earthers tedious. No matter how many arguments and facts you present to them, it always ends up in a rabbit hole where there must be a massive world-wide conspiracy to hide the 'truth' in order for them to keep on maintaining their position.
Nobody on this forum is a flat earther.
Are you arguing with Elvis too?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Sep 22

@Metal-Brain
There was one dude I argued with for months over the flat earth BS.

MB

Moves
09 Sep 22

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
On this forum?

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Sep 22

@sonhouse said
@Metal-Brain
Yes, I remember that, but I forget who it was. googlefudge maybe.

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
09 Sep 22

The Flat Earthers Society is quite big, according to them.
They say they have supporters around the globe...