An idea for improving the “thumbs” feature

An idea for improving the “thumbs” feature

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
175d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You sound a little irate.
You should alert my posts then 🤭

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
175d

@divegeester said
You should alert my posts then 🤭
I rarely alerted posts when I had the option. That's your bag.

What is clear is that you like insulting non subs knowing they can't alert your posts. But even that is not enough for you, wanting to give red thumbs to posters and remove their ability to do likewise. That's what's really going on here.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
175d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I rarely alerted posts when I had the option. That's your bag.

What is clear is that you like insulting non subs knowing they can't alert your posts. But even that is not enough for you, wanting to give red thumbs to posters and remove their ability to do likewise. That's what's really going on here.
Why did you lie about me in your private club instead of speaking to me directly and applying your claimed instincts of trusting people?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
175d

@suzianne said
What I'm comparing is limiting forum thumbs to limiting criticism.

Learn to read.
No one is suggesting limiting criticism, you as a non subscriber would still be able to post.

Your comparing my suggestion with the actions of Joseph Stalin is risible Suzianne.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
175d

Again…

All I’m suggesting is that the thumbing feature should be for “subscribers only”, as the alert function is.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
175d

@divegeester said
No one is suggesting limiting criticism, you as a non subscriber would still be able to post.
A red thumb is a form of criticism. You are seeking to remove this from non subs due to your own paranoia of non subs being out to get you.

I don't think you will be happy until you can alert a non sub and give them a red thumb, safe in the knowledge they can do neither in return.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
175d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
A red thumb is a form of criticism.
So is an “alert” and they are restricted to subscribers only and limited to 3 per 24 hour period.

RHP isn’t a democracy, it’s a commercial website.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
175d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You are seeking to remove this from non subs due to your own paranoia of non subs being out to get you.
Dear me, you really are down the Suzianne rabbit hole aren’t you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
175d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I don't think you will be happy until you can alert a non sub and give them a red thumb, safe in the knowledge they can do neither in return.
Anyone can “subscribe” and gain access to a wider range of functionality, it’s a commercial website.

If you weren’t so brittle, perhaps you’d still be a subscriber…

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
175d

@divegeester said
So is an “alert” and they are restricted to subscribers only and limited to 3 per 24 hour period.
Exactly. Non subs are already restricted when it comes to alerts. You are now seeking to remove their last remaining form of public criticism, other than having to reply to your post and face your particular brand of personality.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
175d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Exactly. Non subs are already restricted when it comes to alerts. You are now seeking to remove their last remaining form of public criticism, other than having to reply to your post and face your particular brand of personality.
I’m just making a suggestion in the site ideas forum, perhaps you should calm yourself a little.

As it was with the alert function, the thumbing function is being abused, even Russ himself has said as much. The abuse is done by persons opening non subscribing multiple accounts. Making the thumbing function available only to subscribers would stop the abuse of it.

This suggestion has nothing to do with Stalin, dictators, restricting freedom of speech or any of the other histrionics being floated by you and your bunch of cronies in this thread.

Subscribe! It’s a great website 🙂

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
175d

@divegeester said
I’m just making a suggestion in the site ideas forum
You're flogging a dead horse.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
175d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You're flogging a dead horse.
Try not to worry or get upset about it.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
175d

@divegeester said
Try not to worry or get upset about it.
I think it's pretty clear sir to anybody following the thread that you worry too much about red thumbs.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
175d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I think it's pretty clear sir to anybody following the thread that you worry too much about red thumbs.
What is clear is that the unsubscribed likes of you and Suzianne care deeply about being able to continue using the feature.

I think thumbs should remain but only for subscribers 😉