An idea for improving the “thumbs” feature

An idea for improving the “thumbs” feature

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
175d

@divegeester said
What is clear is that the unsubscribed likes of you and Suzianne care deeply about being able to continue using the feature.

I think thumbs should remain but only for subscribers 😉
Thank you for this brand new information.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
175d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Thank you for this brand new information.
Here to help.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
175d

@divegeester said
Here to help.
I thought you were here to complain?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
175d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I thought you were here to complain?
Well at least you’re thinking now.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
172d

@divegeester said
Well at least you’re thinking now.
Being a non-sub, I thought you'd be in favour of removing my ability to think.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
171d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Being a non-sub, I thought you'd be in favour of removing my ability to think.
Not at all.

The only suggestion I’m proposing in this thread is that the thumbing feature be reserved for subscribing members only, to simultaneously prevent the abuse of it by users with multiple accounts (as was noted by Russ in a particularly nasty example in the clans forum earlier this year) and to help drive increased subscriptions which would in turn produce improved cash flow.

It’s been interesting to observe the shrill of objections ranging from the restriction of free speech to Stalinism. Pretty much all of them emanating from members of your club.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
168d
2 edits

@divegeester said
Not at all.

The only suggestion I’m proposing in this thread is that the thumbing feature be reserved for subscribing members only, to simultaneously prevent the abuse of it by users with multiple accounts (as was noted by Russ in a particularly nasty example in the clans forum earlier this year) and to help drive increased subscriptions which would in turn produce im ...[text shortened]... estriction of free speech to Stalinism. Pretty much all of them emanating from members of your club.
Not Ghost fault all of the smarter people are in his Elite Club that you are not a part of is it? 🙂

Now if they were all in agreement with you everything would be just fine! 😛

I find it very amusing that you think you know where all the red thumbs come from. 🙂

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
155d

@divegeester said
Not at all.

The only suggestion I’m proposing in this thread is that the thumbing feature be reserved for subscribing members only, to simultaneously prevent the abuse of it by users with multiple accounts (as was noted by Russ in a particularly nasty example in the clans forum earlier this year) and to help drive increased subscriptions which would in turn produce im ...[text shortened]... estriction of free speech to Stalinism. Pretty much all of them emanating from members of your club.
So, after you get your way, again, and you are secure in the knowledge that no one can criticize you without exposing themselves to your abuse, what will you do then?

What is next in your plan of world domination?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
155d

@very-rusty said
Not Ghost fault all of the smarter people are in his Elite Club that you are not a part of is it? 🙂

Now if they were all in agreement with you everything would be just fine! 😛

I find it very amusing that you think you know where all the red thumbs come from. 🙂

-VR
But when I suggest that he has his own clique of followers and wanna-bes that follow him around the site, dealing out retribution in his name, he goes berzerk and starts blaming every failing of western society on me.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
155d
1 edit

@divegeester said
So is an “alert” and they are restricted to subscribers only and limited to 3 per 24 hour period.
After YOU whined about them and their criticism OF YOU.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
155d

Funny how the primary trait of narcissists is that they cannot handle criticism.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
154d

@suzianne said
So, after you get your way, again, and you are secure in the knowledge that no one can criticize you without exposing themselves to your abuse, what will you do then?
https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/clans/mghrn55-has-passed-away.196882/page-2

Russ highlighting an example of how the thumbing feature can be abused.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
154d

@suzianne said
But when I suggest that he has his own clique of followers and wanna-bes that follow him around the site, dealing out retribution in his name, he goes berzerk and starts blaming every failing of western society on me.
My “clique”…who are these people?

“Wanna-bes” who are these people?

“Retribution” what retribution?

“Berserk” 😀

“Blaming every failing of western society on [you]” LOL, what!?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
154d

@suzianne said
After YOU whined about them and their criticism OF YOU.
No, the alert function was modified because a few people were abusing the function to get entire threads removed. You were probably one of them.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
154d

@suzianne said

What is next in your plan of world domination?
“It Was All Me, James. It's Always Been Me. The Author Of All Your Pain."

- Ernst Stavro Blowfeld