1. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 22:01
    11) all points received by dumping games in challenges should be removed for each of the last 7 yrs
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 22:23
    I think Russ should chime in
    lots of proposals made
    what say you, Russ?
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 22:40
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    Hello mghrn55,

My feedback (for what its worth - there seems to be a lot of white noise from the usual suspects)

Number 1 - i assumed this had been the case for a while as standings are based on net points each year.

Number 2 - i actually have no clue how the ELO system works - ive spent the last couple of weeks trying to figure it out.

Num ...[text shortened]... cautious after past experience with Game Moderators and people's reactions to Forum Moderators.
    Hi Silverstriker

Number 5 is contingent on number 4 gaining traction.
    Number 4 is a proposal of a hybrid scoring system based on the rating changes and having a prize for the challenge itself.

Number 5 addresses the concerns of players dumping games in decided challenges.
    If the challenge points are awarded as soon as challenges are decided, then there is no need to dump the game to get the points.

Just to clarify.

As to the 3 challenge limit, I tossed that out there.
    The site could decide to keep that with no objection from me.
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 22:47
    Originally posted by moonbus
    8) Agree.

9) Challenges ending in draw should not be null-rounds if one clan is lower rated. Drawing a higher-rated clan should count for something.

10) In principle yes, but 14 days is too short a time limit; many people (in EU at any rate) have more than 14 days paid holiday per year.
    10] every one has 36 days vacation once the vacation flag is up you cant be selected for clan games that is already in place so 14 days is plenty, a player on here has not moved in nearly 200 days but is still being selected, got to close that loop hole
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 22:51
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    11) all points received by dumping games in challenges should be removed for each of the last 7 yrs
    12] players resigning when they have check mate in one move should be shot
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 23:20
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    A new K value can be arrived at.
    One that meets with general approval.

As to the other issue.
    In clan challenges, there are 2 competitions at play here.
    1 - individual games on the chess board.
    2- the clan challenge.
    The objective of the challenge is to win the challenge.
    Once the challenge is decided, the games tend to become less meaningful.
    ...[text shortened]... s unlikely at the moment.

But it would have worked.
    And it would have solved game dumping.
    ok lets talk about the value of the constant K.

At present you cannot challenge anyone with a rating +/- 200 points of your present rating. Lets take the most extreme values, a 1500 rated player that wins against a 1300 rated player.

The maximum points using the present vale of K for the winner of that particular match will be 12 points. The players rating would go up to 1512 and his clan would get the twelve points This appears to me to be a rather easy 12 points for its hardly ever likely that a 1500 rated player will lose to a 1300 rated player although it happens.

If we make K a value of 16 instead of 32 we get the following. The 1500 rated player would gain 6 points for his clan and his rating would go up to 1506, which seems a much more reasonable proposition for beating something rated 200 points less than you.

If we make K a value of 8 as you have suggested then we get a plus of merely 3 points which seems exactly what a 1500 rated player should get for beating up on a player rated 200 points less than him.
  7. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 23:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 23:243 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Thats fine by me because clearly you are too dim to make any valid comment here as is self evident by your empty and meaningless drivel. No one cares about your personal preferences. Why you think other people care is simply a reflection of your self delusional arrogance. You cannot bully people any longer, the clan system will change and you will either be forced to change with it or make a valid contribution.
  9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 23:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Thats fine by me because clearly you are too dim to make any valid comment here as is self evident by your empty and meaningless drivel. No one cares about your personal preferences. Why you think other people care is simply a reflection of your self delusional arrogance. You cannot bully people any longer, the clan system will change and you will either be forced to change with it or make a valid contribution.
    can you please explain how your idea will stop collusion?
    i see smoke and mirrors most including me dont have any idea what you are harping on about, then call every one dim

my solution is simple, remove collusion points and issue warnings integrity back
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 23:474 edits
    Originally posted by roma45
    can you please explain how your idea will stop collusion?
    i see smoke and mirrors most including me dont have any idea what you are harping on about, then call every one dim

my solution is simple, remove collusion points and issue warnings integrity back
    First of all you will need to prove that collusion has actually taken place instead of issuing baseless allegations. That will mean interviewing the clan leaders and the players themselves. What if they simply deny it, what are you going to do then? Your problem is that you only see what you want to see and the only solution you seem capable of envisaging is punitive.
  11. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    08 Jan '17 23:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 00:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok lets talk about the value of the constant K.

At present you cannot challenge anyone with a rating +/- 200 points of your present rating. Lets take the most extreme values, a 1500 rated player that wins against a 1300 rated player.

The maximum points using the present vale of K for the winner of that particular match will be 12 points. T ...[text shortened]... y what a 1500 rated player should get for beating up on a player rated 200 points less than him.
    The K value can be arrived at through discussion in the forum.
    At the end of the day, Russ will arrive at something that will be satisfactory to the majority.
    I pointed it out as an option.
    Once you decouple the clan and tournament ratings, each can have their own formula with their own K value.
    This would reduce players artificially manipulating their ratings.
    Coding is very simple once an acceptable K value is arrived at.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 00:093 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Your accusations are baseless. You were asked how you will prove collusion and you cannot seem to tell us anything except to repeat the same baseless drivel over and over again. Why are you here? did you not read what this thread is about. Why do you insist on wrecking the tread simply because you have proffered ideas that are unworkable?

You will vote on the basis of your irrational prejudices based on allegations that you cannot provide a single iota of evidence for. Thank you for that we now know what we are dealing with.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 00:10
    The K value can be arrived at through discussion in the forum.
    At the end of the day, Russ will arrive at something that will be satisfactory to the majority.
    I pointed it out as an option.
    Once you decouple the clan and tournament ratings, each can have their own formula with their own K value.
    This would reduce players artificially manipulating their ratings.
    Coding is very simple once an acceptable K value is arrived at.
    well then discuss it, I have provided three scenarios, which appears to you to be fairer?
  15. Here
    Moves
    09 Jan '17 03:45
    I would like to toss this out there.

1 - do away with the gross point total. No longer relevant.

2 - use the rating change (rounded to nearest point) for each player in the challenge. ELO system will work. In-house formula will work too. Not that much different from ELO. Agree on a suitable K-value.

3 - do not use clan average rating as starting p ...[text shortened]... This is open for feedback of course.
    And all other suggestions are on the table.
    Of course.
    If I do not understand what any of this means
    How will I know if Robbie has got his hands in my back pocket like he did last year
    He calls it manipulating the system I call it cheating
    Also how will this affect Lemondrop who throws games at the drop of a hat
    As I understand it so far all he has to do is win three challenges and he is the champion
    Please explain this better
    What is clan rating for a start and how does that affect your personal rating ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree