Fisher Random castling

Fisher Random castling

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Russ
I had developed a whole new code base for the games which supported many variants. I literally was coding up page after page from a variants book - but found it wasn't a good fit with the RHP code as it stood at the time. (And now, actually)

The vote on the subject back in 2009 didn't fill me with confidence that many people even wanted it either.

I w ...[text shortened]... tling is the only issue*, but I can't prioritise it right away.

*And the related FEN funnies.
I would hope that, especially at first, there was a bright red banner on these "non-standard" tourneys alerting people to that fact.

I would not be happy if I entered one of these by mistake.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 Oct 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
I would hope that, especially at first, there was a bright red banner on these "non-standard" tourneys alerting people to that fact.

I would not be happy if I entered one of these by mistake.
Tournaments would be great and could either be redflagged or be put under a seperate heading.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by Ponderable
Thank you, we will silently watch and see.
Will still watch this space next year πŸ˜‰

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
10 Feb 17

Originally posted by Ponderable
Will still watch this space next year πŸ˜‰
as promised

Über-Nerd

Moves
10 Feb 17

Do our FischerRandom ratings fluctuate randomly, too?

Australia

Moves
10 Feb 17

Fischer-Random games on this site are set piece games - and all of these are unrated.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
04 Apr 17

Originally posted by Kewpie
Fischer-Random games on this site are set piece games - and all of these are unrated.
...and the castling problem is probably on the backburner because of more urgent problems.