1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Apr '24 13:591 edit
    If possible, please take a look at Beta.RedHotPawn.com for a preview of the upcoming web site update, and to help test all functionality prior to the deployment of this update.

Any feedback, please post below. Thanks.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '24 22:45
    Hi Russ,

Can’t see “thread list” in thread screen
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '24 22:46
    “My home” icon smaller than others.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '24 22:47
    In forum thread list view I can’t see how to navigate to “last post”
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 08:13
    @divegeester said
    “My home” icon smaller than others.
    Can you explain further? I don't know what/where you mean. (See closed beta thread)
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 08:16
    @russ said
    Can you explain further? I don't know what/where you mean. (See closed beta thread)
    It’s just a visual thing; on the main page there is a row of icons in rounded corner rectangles. The far left one is “home” and it’s notably smaller than the rest in the row. I notice it 😄
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 08:191 edit
    @divegeester

The chevron "back" button will take you back up any hierarchical navigation (top left, under the logo). It will always take you back to thread's list, regardless of how you arrived at the posts.

I've been using the beta for a while, and it never occurred to me that it wasn't available in any other way as I'm using the back button now where it is available.

Give it a go, and if you are still wanting another dedicated button, I'll look at adding one.
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 08:25
    @Russ said
    @divegeester

The chevron "back" button will take you back up any hierarchical navigation (top left, under the logo). It will always take you back to thread's list, regardless of how you arrived at the posts.

I've been using the beta for a while, and it never occurred to me that it wasn't available in any other way as I'm using the back button now where it is available.

Give it a go, and if you are still wanting another dedicated button, I'll look at adding one.
    Got it 👍
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 08:27
    @divegeester said
    It’s just a visual thing; on the main page there is a row of icons in rounded corner rectangles. The far left one is “home” and it’s notably smaller than the rest in the row. I notice it 😄
    You'll need to help me out here....

Do you mean on the Home Page or the My Home page?

I'm assuming on the My Home page, the card top left of the column has a smaller gap than the others?

Also, which browser are you using?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 08:30
    @russ said
    You'll need to help me out here....

Do you mean on the Home Page or the My Home page?

I'm assuming on the My Home page, the card top left of the column has a smaller gap than the others?

Also, which browser are you using?
    This page: https://beta.redhotpawn.com/

Row of icons just above where it says “play online with your friends” the home icon is smaller than the rest in the row.

I feel like I’m making this this into a FAR bigger issue than it is 😂
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 08:30
    Safari on iPad.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 08:42
    @divegeester

Strange, on my iPad and iPad simulator, the lozenge shaped "My Home" button is the same size as all of the others (in a vertical dimension).

Anyone else?
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 08:43
    @divegeester said
    I feel like I’m making this this into a FAR bigger issue than it is 😂
    We can't let it go now...
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 08:50
    @divegeester said
    Hi Russ,

Can’t see “thread list” in thread screen
    Further to my previous response, when viewing a thread, you can click the forum name to the right of the header with the poster's details in it (below "recommended" button) - this is a link to return to the threads list too.
  15. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 10:15
    @russ said
    If possible, please take a look at [=https://beta.redhotpawn.com]Beta.RedHotPawn.com[/] for a preview of the upcoming web site update, and to help test all functionality prior to the deployment of this update.

Any feedback, please post below. Thanks.
    This looks pretty nice. I'll be back here to rejoin and compete before the end of the year. My recent OTB events have been fun, but travel expense and adjusting my schedule around tournament dates doesn't always work for me. Correspondence chess is looking more appealing.

Good job on the site makeover. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree