1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 May '15 08:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I hope you learned something, but you still have much to learn. 😏
    Oh yes, I learned something--but not from you.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 May '15 09:14
    Barack Hussein Obama- Characteristics Of The Antichrist & Mahdi/Quran's Savior Is Bible's Antichrist

YouTube
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 May '15 09:16
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary Second Ed. (the whacking big library edition): “prophecy: 1. the work, function, vocation of a prophet: utterance under the inspiring influence of religious experience; the utterance of a prophet as recorded. Specif; a. that which is spoken for a god, declaration or interpretation of the will or purpose of a god; esp. Jewish o ...[text shortened]... en so;[/i] only secondarily or “on special occasions” a sort of prediction of something to come.
    And nowhere in any of that definition is there "an injunction to make something happen."
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 May '15 10:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And nowhere in any of that definition is there "an injunction to make something happen."
    "...including moral teaching by warning, consoling, exhorting,..."
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 May '15 10:531 edit
    It seems there is real confusion about the difference between prediction and prophecy.

Example of prediction: 'you will deny me three times before cock crow.'
    The meaning is not that Peter should or ought do this, but that he will do it.

Example of prophecy: Zechariah wrote: “Behold, your king comes to you, triumphant and victorious. He is humble and riding on an ass, on a colt the foal of an ass.” And for this reason, because he knew of the prophecy, Jesus asks his disciples to procure for him an ass on which to ride into Jerusalem 'in order that prophecy be fulfilled.' That is, Jesus is making it happen in order that people will see this as a sign that something is not merely happening but ought to be because it is the will of God (as revealed by a prophet in olden times).

EDIT: In the first instance, Peter does not deny Jesus because Jesus has predicted this, nor because it is Jesus's will that this should be so. On the contrary, Peter denies Jesus despite having been warned.

In the second instance, Jesus does what he does because of the prophecy, because that is the will of God (that the king enter humbly into Jerusalem).
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 May '15 14:26
    Obama's help to Jihadists is the building of the Antichrist army on earth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Saa-UlPVpYY
    If you think the AntiChrist will be Muslim, then you don't understand Revelation at all.

The AntiChrist will proclaim himself to be God and demand worship from everyone, Christian and Muslim alike. Muslims will be persecuted in the Great Tribulation just as the Christians will, as will the Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists and anyone who does not worship the Beast.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 May '15 14:40
    "...including moral teaching by warning, consoling, exhorting,..."
    Not the same thing at all.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 May '15 14:55
    Not the same thing at all.
    "exhort (verb) very strongly encourage or urge someone to do something." Is that not clear enough?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 May '15 15:36
    It seems there is real confusion about the difference between prediction and prophecy.

Example of prediction: 'you will deny me three times before cock crow.'
    The meaning is not that Peter should or ought do this, but that he will do it.

Example of prophecy: Zechariah wrote: “Behold, your king comes to you, triumphant and victorious. H ...[text shortened]... he prophecy, because that is the will of God (that the king enter humbly into Jerusalem).
    A prediction can be a prophecy and a prophecy can be a prediction.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 May '15 18:10
    Let's test that dictum.

I predict Hinds will convert to atheism on his death bed.
    I prophesize Hinds will one day be devoured by his own smugness.

By Jove, it's true.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 May '15 18:41
    The distinction is still valid and useful, even if you and some others don't think so.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 May '15 20:25
    "exhort (verb) very strongly encourage or urge someone to do something." Is that not clear enough?
    Sorry, but try as you might, you will not manage to shoe horn what you initially claimed into that definition.
    I have no problem with you assigning your own meaning or understanding to the word, but claiming that your definition is the standard one is just plain dishonest.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 May '15 21:10
    Sorry, but try as you might, you will not manage to shoe horn what you initially claimed into that definition.
    I have no problem with you assigning your own meaning or understanding to the word, but claiming that your definition is the standard one is just plain dishonest.
    I quoted you from a standard dictionary. What more do you want? "Prophecy" and "prediction" are simply not synonyms. Yes, a pawn can be a lump of wood, and yes a lump of wood can be a pawn; but "lump of wood" and "pawn" are still not interchangeable terms.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 May '15 21:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If you think the AntiChrist will be Muslim, then you don't understand Revelation at all.

The AntiChrist will proclaim himself to be God and demand worship from everyone, Christian and Muslim alike. Muslims will be persecuted in the Great Tribulation just as the Christians will, as will the Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists and anyone who does not worship the Beast.
    What if the Beast is the Muslim Caliphate?

YouTube
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 May '15 21:42
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Let's test that dictum.

I predict Hinds will convert to atheism on his death bed.
    I prophesize Hinds will one day be devoured by his own smugness.

By Jove, it's true.
    There can be false predictions and false prophecies. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree