1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Nov '16 21:28
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Hey look a person who speaks for the world!
    a lot of people in the world are pissed at trump and his sympathizers. I am one.

Is that better?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '16 21:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    a lot of people in the world are pissed at trump and his sympathizers. I am one.

Is that better?
    A lot of people are pissed, a lot of people are happy, but the largest group are people who either don't know anything about it or just dont care.

Trump hasn't even done anything yet. I am reminded of obama and his Nobel prize.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Nov '16 21:36
    A lot of people are pissed, a lot of people are happy, but the largest group are people who either don't know anything about it or just dont care.

Trump hasn't even done anything yet. I am reminded of obama and his Nobel prize.
    The largest group just don't care... that'd be about right.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 03:13
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The largest group just don't care... that'd be about right.
    Really...and you you have some statstics to support this I suppose?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 03:221 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Really...and you you have some statstics to support this I suppose?
    How many people really care in China, Indonesia, India and all the people in smaller countries?

I doubt the average person in those countries have even heard of Trump or Hillary.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 03:251 edit
    How many people really care in China, Indonesia, India and all the people in smaller countries? I doubt the average person in those countries haven't heard of Trump or Hillary.
    All the Indonesians I have spoken to over the last 18 months were appalled by Trump's candidacy and are now even more appalled that he managed to get elected.

I doubt the average person in those countries have even heard of Trump or Hillary.

What do you base your idea of "the average person" in Indonesia on?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 03:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    All the Indonesians I have spoken to over the last 18 months were appalled by Trump's candidacy and are now even more appalled that he managed to get elected.

[b]I doubt the average person in those countries have even heard of Trump or Hillary.

What do you base your idea of "the average person" in Indonesia on?[/b]
    The ones living in areas not commonly dealing with foreigners. The 3 out of 5 who live in rural areas that farm.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 04:03
    The ones living in areas not commonly dealing with foreigners. The 3 out of 5 who live in rural areas that farm.
    Very few Indonesians "commonly deal with foreigners" - maybe less than 1% - so I don't really know what you are on about. Indonesians have houses, electricity, television sets, schools, universities, newspapers, news programmes, they have world news in their own language on the TV, and they understand their own language. They have a literacy rate here of 93.9%.

Foreigners don't read out the news, nor is it written by foreigners. There were Indonesian journalists in the U.S. to cover the election. They got there on jet airplanes, which they also have here.

I hardly broached the subject of the U.S. election at all with anyone. I certainly influenced no one. I encountered people talking about it. People mentioned it to me. I read the Indonesian language newspapers. I watched the TV.

Your notion that interest in the U.S. election (and the world generally) among Indonesians is somehow dependent on them "commonly dealing with foreigners" is a laughably unimaginative and self-serving thing for you to claim.

Footage of Trump playing his various proto-fascist election campaign cards reached TV screens in every single city, town, village and hamlet in this country, and was seen by farmers, architects, shopkeepers, doctors, housewives, and probably just about everybody.

Eladar, have you ever travelled outside the U.S.A.?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 04:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Very few Indonesians "commonly deal with foreigners" - maybe less than 1% - so I don't really know what you are on about. Indonesians have houses, electricity, television sets, schools, universities, newspapers, news programmes, they have world news in their own language on the TV, and they understand their own language. They have a literacy rate here of 93.9%. ...[text shortened]... ives, and probably just about everybody.

Eladar, have you ever travelled outside the U.S.A.?
    So you are saying that Indonesians get their view of Trump from their media?

I can see how a brainwashed population can so easily be manipulated.

I doubt that poor, 50 percent who make less than 2 dollars a day, have much money for televisions. But they can still view television from time to time in common areas.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 04:581 edit
    How many of these people who make less than two dollars a day do you interact?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 05:301 edit
    I doubt that poor, 50 percent who make less than 2 dollars a day, have much money for televisions. But they can still view television from time to time in common areas.
    So, like a pompous little bumpkin, you're just going to brazen it out. 😛
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 05:301 edit
    How many of these people who make less than two dollars a day do you interact?
    More than you do, which is what matters in this instance.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 05:31
    So you are saying that Indonesians get their view of Trump from their media? I can see how a brainwashed population can so easily be manipulated.
    Trying to change the subject, much?

The issue is not whether or not Indonesian people agree with you about what's best for the U.S. Nor is the issue whether you and I agree or disagree about Trump being a proto-fascist demagogue. The issue I am addressing here is that you said this staggeringly ignorant and presumptuous thing about Indonesian people: "How many people really care in China, Indonesia, India and all the people in smaller countries? I doubt the average person in those countries have even heard of Trump or Hillary."
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 06:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Trying to change the subject, much?

The issue is not whether or not Indonesian people agree with you about what's best for the U.S. Nor is the issue whether you and I agree or disagree about Trump being a proto-fascist demagogue. The issue I am addressing here is that you said this staggeringly ignorant and presumptuous thing about Indonesian people: "How man ...[text shortened]... r countries? I doubt the average person in those countries have even heard of Trump or Hillary."
    No matter how self righteous you want to be in this discussion, the fact remains that thes people make 2 dollars a day which makes us politics not too important.

They have greater concerns. I hope they do. I would.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 06:44
    No matter how self righteous you want to be in this discussion, the fact remains that thes people make 2 dollars a day which makes us politics not too important.

They have greater concerns. I hope they do. I would.
    I am not being self righteous. I am being knowledgeable. You made an ignorant sweeping statement ~ the exact self same way that "facts" are forged in your post-truth "personal reality" world ~ about something you know nothing about in order to make some sort of 'political point'. And you have been trying to move the goalposts ever since you were called on it.

Your declaration: "How many people really care in China, Indonesia, India and all the people in smaller countries? I doubt the average person in those countries have even heard of Trump or Hillary." Answer: far more than you realize, Eladar. Whether you now think "they have greater concerns" or that who Trump and Clinton are is "not too important" to people you clearly know nothing about, is just you wriggling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree