1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 07:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Really...and you you have some statstics to support this I suppose?
    non compulsary voting is a start
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 07:35
    Originally posted by Eladar
    How many people really care in China, Indonesia, India and all the people in smaller countries?

I doubt the average person in those countries have even heard of Trump or Hillary.
    I reckon Hindus care a lot about the environment
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 09:271 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    non compulsary voting is a start
    A start to what?
    And what has that got to do with providing something to back up your claim that the largest group (of voters) are those who don't care?

Edit: I agree that there has been an ambivalence about politics in recent decades but that disappeared in June with the Brexit vote. Like all of us, most of us, I am passionate about democracy and so happy to see it shifting the tectonic plates of the political establishment.

I'm also not positive about Trump, but I'm certainly not as negative as some. The wave of doomism sometimes laced with more hatred than the Trump himself is astonishing. Same with Brexit - it's a trading agreement for crying out load! Everyone is behaving as though someone had just killed the messiah. It's ridiculous.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 12:31
    Fmf,

Nice word games. Far more than I know still represents less than half the population. That is a bunch of people on both sides.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 12:35
    The Euro zone is much more than just a trade agreement. How many trade agreements include a government and a military?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 12:46
    Fmf,

Nice word games. Far more than I know still represents less than half the population. That is a bunch of people on both sides.
    Well over 90% of Indonesians have access to TV at least once a week and somewhere between 70% and 80% watch TV every day. The U.S. election has been one of the top news stories here for about a year on all channels ~ particularly because of the things Trump was saying. Your comments about Indonesia are just plain plucked-from-thin-air silly. You may think you have created "facts on the ground" by making claims about something you obviously know nothing about - that's how the post-truth works, after all - but no one has any reason to think that you have. I remember a dismissive comment you made years ago on the Debates Forum about Indonesians living in grass huts etc. etc. [in reply to some example I gave that was inconvenient to you] It would seem you haven't evolved much since then.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 12:511 edit
    Have access to tv once a week does not mean it is a big part of their lives.

If all you are going to dois try to argue that access to tv once a week makes them people of the world with great concern for what happens ouside the village they rarely leave, then I think I am done with this conversation.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 12:58
    Have access to tv once a week does not mean it is a big part of their lives.

If all you are going to dois try to argue that access to tv once a week makes them people of the world with great concern for what happens ouside the village they rarely leave, then I think I am done with this conversation.
    Go back to your original claim - the thing that I am disputing is this - I doubt the average person in Indonesia has even heard of Trump or Hillary - well, Eladar, they have. You got it wrong. Wriggle all you want as you try desperately to move the goalposts.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 13:021 edit
    The Euro zone is much more than just a trade agreement. How many trade agreements include a government and a military?
    Agreed but no one is upset about that. Most people don't want a European army or a single European government. The arguments are over economics and free movement of people (aka racism) and the two get conflated and blown out of all proportion, in my opinion.

Globalism sucks!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 13:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    A start to what?
    And what has that got to do with providing something to back up your claim that the largest group (of voters) are those who don't care?

Edit: I agree that there has been an ambivalence about politics in recent decades but that disappeared in June with the Brexit vote. Like all of us, most of us, I am passionate about democracy and so ...[text shortened]... g out load! Everyone is behaving as though someone had just killed the messiah. It's ridiculous.
    Brexit is more than just a trade deal. Brexit represents an opposition to world wide collectivist rule.

That is the rub.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 13:14
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    a lot of people in the world are pissed at trump and his sympathizers. I am one.

Is that better?
    Be honest, you are just bigoted towards orange people.

Stop the hatefulness!!!

Work it out there little buddy.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 16:24
    https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL4N16G5JB?client=ms-android-metropcs-us

You need to educate the guy writing this piece. But who knows maybe you are not the know it all about indonesians that you try to pass yourself off to be.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 21:24
    https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL4N16G5JB?client=ms-android-metropcs-us

You need to educate the guy writing this piece. But who knows maybe you are not the know it all about indonesians that you try to pass yourself off to be.
    Which bit of that article is it you think supports your contention that the average person in Indonesia has not heard of Trump? Is it the bit where it quotes "one villager"?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 22:01
    No the bit about the workers.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 22:06
    No the bit about the workers.
    And in the meantime ~ since March this year ~ there have been 10 months of Trump v Clinton being one of the top news stories on the televisions that 70% and 80% of Indonesians watch every day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree