1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 19:05
    Originally posted by apathist
    You imply that you suppress your anger.
    Suppression of emotion is one possible explanation, though on my part is not an intentional act. (I'm not Vulcan). A suppressed emotion (such as anger) will tend to come to the surface in another guise, more often than not as depression, the emotion turning in on itself. (Which can be quite destructive). - It can of course also present itself as apathy. - It is quite common for clients to present this way when I start working with them (though this is not to say people with mental health issues are necessarily without anger).

I don't suffer from Schizoid Personality Disorder, but that's just one example of people who commonly lack the ability to get angry:

'Individuals with Schizoid Personality Disorder may have particular difficulty expressing anger, even in response to direct provocation, which contributes to the impression that they lack emotion. Their lives sometimes seem directionless, and they may appear to “drift” in their goals. Such individuals often react passively to adverse circumstances and have difficulty responding appropriately to important life events.'

https://psychcentral.com/disorders/schizoid-personality-disorder-symptoms/
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 22:22
    Originally posted by apathist
    I did, although hadn't heard that term until now. There also is Pohl's Heechee, not sure why I mention it.
    I thought as much.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 22:30
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Suppression of emotion is one possible explanation, though on my part is not an intentional act. (I'm not Vulcan). A suppressed emotion (such as anger) will tend to come to the surface in another guise, more often than not as depression, the emotion turning in on itself. (Which can be quite destructive). - It can of course also present itself as apat ...[text shortened]... tant life events.'

https://psychcentral.com/disorders/schizoid-personality-disorder-symptoms/
    I can relate to "drifting " and being casual around adversity, but I'm pretty sure at times I get pretty angry. Although, I can always control my anger, well physically. I wont smash someone cause they are idiots, but verbally its different. I give as good as I get.

I got so angry about 9 years ago (against a decision by the government about my situation) , so furious, that I came "out the other side" , or reached a new plateau in the sense that I just became totally switched on and focussed at all times until their error was rectified. And it was rectified, never to be repeated again. ERrrrr Arsehats!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree