Atheists: things ticking you off about religions:

Atheists: things ticking you off about religions:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Oct 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
So you've done the right thing then, religious folk taking over a post meant for atheists. Nice going.
Like it's never happened the other way 'round.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Oct 16

I guess that would fall under the heading of things that tick off atheists.
There doesn't seem much that doesn't "tick off" atheists.

Including that religion exists at all.

I mean, how dare they imply that there exists a higher power who cares for them?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
07 Oct 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
I mean, how dare they imply that there exists a higher power who cares for them?
It isn't faith belief that goads a typical atheist to respond. There are lots and lots of gods but noone is arguing against Bacchus for example. It is the unique evil of your god that irritates atheists. Believe in Me or be punished! My followers are in your face to save your soul from My punishment because I am so loving! Where is the barf smilie.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Oct 16

Originally posted by apathist
It isn't faith belief that goads a typical atheist to respond. There are lots and lots of gods but noone is arguing against Bacchus for example. It is the unique evil of your god that irritates atheists. Believe in Me or be punished! My followers are in your face to save your soul from My punishment because I am so loving! Where is the barf smilie.
Do you believe in anything?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Oct 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
We believe in humans. That is plenty for me. The best humans approach what the god makers think god's should be. God makers, the ones who sculpted the abrahamic religions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Oct 16

We believe in humans. That is plenty for me. The best humans approach what the god makers think god's should be. God makers, the ones who sculpted the abrahamic religions.
You believe in humans. I can see humanity and you and I agree people can do good, they also have been responsible for many of the great evil deeds too. What is it you believe in that people will not destroy ourselves?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Oct 16

You believe in humans. I can see humanity and you and I agree people can do good, they also have been responsible for many of the great evil deeds too. What is it you believe in that people will not destroy ourselves?
I said the best of us, the worse of us of course can kill the entire species. Intelligence is a two headed sword just like anything else, it can be a blessing, it can be a weapon.

The trick is to keep the blessing part on top. That's what we did with Hitler, Stalin and such.

I, unlike a god, cannot see the future, only see what can lead to a good or bad future.
We know pretty well it is not a good thing for humans to have nuclear weapons and the US is the one to first use them and now Russia is scrapping the idea of reducing nuclear materials because of the present coldness between the US and Russia.

That is the kind of thing that can lead to destruction but both sides know that. It still doesn't stop some terrorist from getting a nuke in a backpack going into NYC and blowing our entire economy in one fell swoop, which will be devastating but not threatening destruction of the species.

Climate change can run us back a couple of centuries and all the efforts of the present generation of scientific genius can be ground to nothing if we don't keep the worse from happening in that endevour.

It would take a lot to destroy ourselves, the last 70 odd years have shown we have some capability of restraint, even at the worse times of the cold war we or Russia never actually used nukes in anger which is a good sign.

The present troubles in Pakistan V India may end up in a nuke shoot out if they don't keep the hotheads under control.

A Pak/India nuke war will still effect everyone, not a civilization killer but certainly we would be in for bad times.

And in nuke exchanges, you have to realize your god, you alleged god, will do nothing no matter how many are launched.

In short it is up to us to fail or prosper.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Oct 16

I said the best of us, the worse of us of course can kill the entire species. Intelligence is a two headed sword just like anything else, it can be a blessing, it can be a weapon.

The trick is to keep the blessing part on top. That's what we did with Hitler, Stalin and such.

I, unlike a god, cannot see the future, only see what can lead to a good or b ...[text shortened]... will do nothing no matter how many are launched.

In short it is up to us to fail or prosper.
I've pointed this out to you so many times and you really don't ever address this, but how
do you know what God would or wouldn't do? How do you know what God is doing and
how His actions affect all of mankind? You do tell me and others what god would do and I
assume this god you are talking about you know well since you must be making him up as
you go. You do seem to know the god you talk about well since you tell us all the time
what its limitations are and what it cares about.

I will remind you too, that much of the complaints you have made here about your god are
really things people have done to each other. Since that is the case in reality as far as you
acknowledge since you believe in people and not gods, why do you rail against gods that
you believe are not real and instead rail against the real source as you see it people?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Oct 16

I've pointed this out to you so many times and you really don't ever address this, but how
do you know what God would or wouldn't do? How do you know what God is doing and
how His actions affect all of mankind? You do tell me and others what god would do and I
assume this god you are talking about you know well since you must be making him up as
you go. ...[text shortened]... ds that
you believe are not real and instead rail against the real source as you see it people?
The only thing to complain about is not your god which doesn't exist, it is the people who made up the biggest scam ever devised on planet Earth. You always end up pulling the 'so now you know the mind of god' card. There is no mind of god, at least your bible god.

My bitch is with the people who made up the scam. That's all.

I know your god is not effecting mankind in any positive way, the hundreds of millions of dead from wars and disease shows that, children tortured to death with no reply from your god is evidence clear enough and that happening by the millions kind of negates the 'suffer the little children to come on to me', with the emphasis on 'suffer'. Your made up god can do nothing since it is imaginary, all in the heads of the beholders and nothing more.

You and your kind would pull the miracle card as soon as some kid gets well after docs pronounce her uncurable but forgetting about the literally hundreds of millions who have died from disease and war and suffering horrible deaths.

All that counts for nothing in your faith. You cannot equate the two since you are too programmed to think for yourself, only able to refer to your scam ridden bible for the pithy sayings they have made up in the last few thousand years.

Your made up god said nothing about the first use of nuclear weapons in Japan where hundreds of thousands of people were killed in a giant flash of energy.

It is also quite clear if a nuclear war started and killed 99.99% of us your made up god would not respond either.

If an asteroid 50 miles wide hit Earth, it would hit Earth and most likely kill every man woman and child within days with no response from your man made god because your god is 100% man made.

Your made up god, being totally imaginary, would be incapable of stopping a 50 mile wide asteroid or any other falling thing which happens all the time and a planet killer would not be stopped.

BTW, planet killers have already hit Earth, but a few billion years ago, which is what created the moon, and Earth was torn apart and fell back together as a sphere again but molten hot for a million years recovering from that blow and the moon was the left over stuff that flew out of the original impact.

If it happened again, which is totally unlikely since most of all those hits happened millions of years ago, but if one came charging in unexpectedly before we could use space probes to stop it, it hits Earth and where is your god then? Whatever will happen like that will happen, has happened and will happen again but in a huge crisis that would hit mankind, no bible god would reply since there is no bible god.

So the last Jew, Christian and Muslim would die and there would be no heaven to go to since it is all lies and BS, the biggest scam of the last ten thousand years.

The sad part is it has worked so well, capturing a good chunk of the entire human race and now we have insane extreme Muslim (so-called Muslim's) killing little boys for trying to go to school. Where is the reply from your god there? The answer is there IS no reply because there is no bible god.

It is up to us, 100% up to us to clear out these human cancers, your made up god can do no such thing.

It is up to us to pass or fail the test of time not your made up god.

I wish you could see that but of course you are too programmed internally to ever see that. It is sad really.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
09 Oct 16
1 edit

I'm an atheist and a pagan, so I have an eclectic lot of beliefs. I'm skeptical and open-minded and have worked hard at building a coherent world-view. I don't get hard-line easily.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Oct 16

Originally posted by apathist
I'm an atheist and a pagan, so I have an eclectic lot of beliefs. I'm skeptical and open-minded and have worked hard at building a coherent world-view. I don't get hard-line easily.
And what that means bottom line is we think people are what we have, nothing more.

It's quite simple actually. I don't even deny there could be gods of some sort or other, it's a ginormous universe but I don't see any kind of bible god. And real god's are most likely about as interested in us as we would be in the fate of a flea parasite.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Oct 16

The only thing to complain about is not your god which doesn't exist, it is the people who made up the biggest scam ever devised on planet Earth. You always end up pulling the 'so now you know the mind of god' card. There is no mind of god, at least your bible god.

My bitch is with the people who made up the scam. That's all.

I know your god is not e ...[text shortened]... uld see that but of course you are too programmed internally to ever see that. It is sad really.
Why is it you keep going on and on about god when you say he isn't real?
Your beef is with people, and the ones you really seem upset about are those that
murder and so on. How could a god that isn't real be effecting anything either good or
bad? Again you go on and on.

My kind does what with little kids? Seriously you are as bad as a few others here, you
know one of mine died and you throw this in my face? I care about kids and do what I can
and you piss poor excuse of a human being want to blame me for what? Forgetting about
millions who have died.

I think I have had enough of this conversation with you.

You want to go on and on about an imaginary god so be it.

F

Moves
09 Oct 16

My kind does what with little kids? Seriously you are as bad as a few others here, you
know one of mine died and you throw this in my face?
Oh look. You've suddenly used the personal tragedy you've experienced ~ out of the blue, yet again ~ to score a cheap point on the internet. I remember well when you did so on the General Forum and quickly had to apologize to everyone.

Why don't you post a list of things people here are not allowed to discuss or debate with you on account of the fact you've experienced loss in your family.

I know already that your explicit defence of the right of Christians to sacrifice their children to their god figure (by withholding life-saving medical treatment), without the government stepping in to protect the endangered children in such cases, is a topic that you won't discuss.

When I tried to, you threw your personal family tragedy in my face and flounced off.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
09 Oct 16

And what that means bottom line is we think people are what we have, nothing more.

It's quite simple actually. I don't even deny there could be gods of some sort or other, it's a ginormous universe but I don't see any kind of bible god. And real god's are most likely about as interested in us as we would be in the fate of a flea parasite.
Or as interested as you are in, say, one of your neurons, whose existence is part of your own.

I completely agree with your stance against creator gods.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Oct 16

Why is it you keep going on and on about god when you say he isn't real?
Your beef is with people, and the ones you really seem upset about are those that
murder and so on. How could a god that isn't real be effecting anything either good or
bad? Again you go on and on.

My kind does what with little kids? Seriously you are as bad as a few others here, ...[text shortened]... ough of this conversation with you.

You want to go on and on about an imaginary god so be it.
You are not the only one to have lost children. We lost our daughter in a motorcycle accident, a stupid woman ran into Darcy on her Harley and killed her instantly.

I am talking about the cynical way the ab religions handle death.

There is no death of children that is not abhorrent. A person killing a child should have also a long lingering death him or herself. I'm sure the person who killed our daughter is still alive but that was an accident, not a deliberate killing, as opposed to the Boko haram killers who slaughter 8 yo boys simply because they want a western education.

Those people should suffer a long and lingering death, weeks long to try to understand just how horrible people they really are.

I am really sorry for the loss of your child and I know what you are going through, went through. It was to be Darcy's birthday a few days ago and my wife still goes into depression on that day.

Why can't you see there is wishful thinking when some kid gets 'miraculously' better yet literally hundreds of millions have died, many of them children and many of them through torture? The inhumanity in the Mengala style killing and experimenting on children in WW2 is also one of the worse crimes of humanity, yet it went on for years unchecked.

No god came down to even cry a tear over those dead and tortured children yet you would thank that same god a child got better when the docs say she has days to live.

What would be the motivation of this alleged god to let literally millions die but save one random kid on an Island somewhere?

The answer is there is no such motivation because this god you worship is man made 100% and we are on our own so such atrocities continue, have happened, will happen again and again till the last human dies in some extinction event.

Unless we take matters into our own hands and raise up armies against such atrocity.

That is the ONLY thing these human cancers understand.