Being a deist

Being a deist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 22

@divegeester said
When a poster repeatedly uses the tactics which I’ve detailed above then that poster is being intellectually dishonest, which you are much of the time. I’m not the only poster to observe this and you get called out on it over and over again. You cannot behave that way without being picked up on it KellyJay.
Like I said the poster not the topic becomes the subject.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Not every question should be answered with a yes or no even if asked for that type of answer. At times the question is profound that requires more, because the question is much more complicated filled with subtle nuance where clarity is required.
Do you think the question I posed to FMF fits that category? It seems pretty straightforward to me - as does the reason he refuses to answer it (in any fashion.)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Do you think the question I posed to FMF fits that category? It seems pretty straightforward to me - as does the reason he refuses to answer it (in any fashion.)
What was the question I may go back and not get the right thing?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
What was the question I may go back and not get the right thing?
“Do you at least acknowledge that you made choices in how much to cultivate and grow in your relationship with God before you became an atheist?”

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
“Do you at least acknowledge that you made choices in how much to cultivate and grow in your relationship with God before you became an atheist?”
I don’t know how he could answer that? If it is on us get ourselves ready it would be merit based. I believe the charge is always on God, I cannot prove He is real only He can.

What we receive we respond to, if we suppress the truth for any reason it is us avoiding it. We can by definition hide from what we do not want to entertain as possible, but our definition is always internal to us, while almost all of the time the reality we are dealing with is always external to us, our self imposed blinders keep us in the worldview of our own making.

Moves
09 Jan 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Like I said the poster not the topic becomes the subject.
No, it doesn’t become the subject of the thread; their dishonesty just gets called out. It’s quite normal KellyJay.

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Hardly seems a challenging question, almost a non starter in a way as it is a given that we all make those sort of choices don’t we.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I don’t know how he could answer that? If it is on us get ourselves ready it would be merit based. I believe the charge is always on God, I cannot prove He is real only He can.

What we receive we respond to, if we suppress the truth for any reason it is us avoiding it. We can by definition hide from what we do not want to entertain as possible, but our definition is alwa ...[text shortened]... with is always external to us, our self imposed blinders keep us in the worldview of our own making.
So we make no decisions on how much to pray, to read the Holy Bible, to worship God, to walk in the Spirit, to give tithes, to help the needy?

We make no decisions on any of that?

I think you’re allowing your friendship with FMF to obscure what is a very simple and straightforward response to a very simple and straightforward question.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Hardly seems a challenging question, almost a non starter in a way as it is a given that we all make those sort of choices don’t we.
Exactly.

Which is why it’s strange FMF won’t answer it.

But I guess it isn’t strange given the reason I think he won’t answer it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 22

@divegeester said
No, it doesn’t become the subject of the thread; their dishonesty just gets called out. It’s quite normal KellyJay.
For you

Moves
09 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Exactly.
So we agree that we all make choices in regards to our relationship development with god?

Moves
09 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
For you
If you find the scrutiny of your furtive evasive behaviour to be more than you can bear then maybe this isn’t the place for you.

F

Moves
09 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I don’t know how he could answer that?
I could have a go at answering it, I suppose, by revealing personal information about my life 20-25 years ago and by temporarily giving testimony as if I were still a Christian. But I choose not to. Why would I? I have nothing to prove anyway with regard to my faith in the past, and I post here as an agnostic atheist.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@fmf said
I could have a go at answering it, I suppose, by revealing personal information about my life 20-25 years ago and by temporarily giving testimony as if I were still a Christian. But I choose not to. Why would I? I have nothing to prove anyway with regard to my faith in the past, and I post here as an agnostic atheist.
No one’s asking you to do that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jan 22

@divegeester said
So we agree that we all make choices in regards to our relationship development with god?
Everyone but FMF agrees with that.

FMF won’t say one way or the other.