Christian trash talk

Christian trash talk

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Mar 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Here's a selection of the trashy insults that have been aimed at me by "Christians" over the last few years. My personal favourite is "worse than Satan" (really!!?):

Son of Satan (robbie carrobie)
Worse than Satan (Galveston75)
Diabolical (Startreader)
Morals of a lynch mob murderer (robbie carrobie)
Liar (Startreader)
Mocker (KellyJay)
Fo ...[text shortened]... ter (Lemon Lime)
Narcissist (Lemon Lime)
Deserving of burning in hell for eternity (RJHinds)
Isn't there one for me? 😉

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Mar 17

Some people believe that God has designed creation such that some are predestined or chosen to be saved and that the rest, who by default have no chance, will be supernaturally kept alive for eternity by Jesus in a place especially designed and maintained by him, where they will be burnt alive in the presence of Jesus and his angels.

Astonishing, isn't it.
"Some people believe that God has designed creation such that some are predestined..."

And I've been saying that that's a misinterpretation of what predestination means. I've explained how that is so, and given the correct interpretation without receiving a return reply. I can't figure out why.

Seems, according to the incorrect interpretation, that that would make God unjust wouldn't it? To punish someone when they had no choice but to reject God's Christ and die in their sins.

The interpretation is wrong. Everyone has a choice.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Mar 17

Do you know God?
Yes.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Mar 17

So let's assume that it is possible to choose to reject God, are you saying that doing that is sufficient reason to be tortured in flames for eternity?
It's not only possible; plenty of people choose to reject God every single day.

"sufficient reason"?

You sound like you believe that people actually get "tortured in flames for eternity".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Mar 17
1 edit

Wow that's a bruiser compared to son of the devil 😵
I know how you also love to mischaracterize people, after all, especially those who somehow insult you by disagreeing with you. It wasn't meant to be a "bruiser", whatever that is. If I wanted it to be, I wouldn't have bothered. I just wanted to set the record straight.

The Catholics consider vanity one of the seven deadly sins. Its most profound effect is on the person who has it. The rest of us can just blow it off, at least until it becomes obnoxious.

Edit: I suppose it's also part of my point (which has apparently eluded you) that the things I say about you are probably not in the same league as what others have said. But still, you include me, because you suppose that I cannot go "unpunished" for the things I did say. Things which still seem obvious even to the most casual observer.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"Some people believe that God has designed creation such that some are predestined..."

And I've been saying that that's a misinterpretation of what predestination means. I've explained how that is so, and given the correct interpretation without receiving a return reply. I can't figure out why.

Seems, according to the incorrect interpretation, t ...[text shortened]... eject God's Christ and die in their sins.

The interpretation is wrong. Everyone has a choice.[/b]
I suppose it's right up there with "what you mean by 'wiretapping' ".

Predestined is predestined. There is only one meaning. And if everyone has a choice, then predestination is wrong. Period.

Moves
17 Mar 17

Seems, according to the incorrect interpretation, that that would make God unjust wouldn't it? To punish someone when they had no choice but to reject God's Christ and die in their sins.

The interpretation is wrong. Everyone has a choice.
You seem to be saying that because predestination is wrong, that it's ok to keep billions of people alive for eternity while your version of god tortures them with fire.

Surely that's not what your pulling out of this?

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
You sound like you believe that people actually get "tortured in flames for eternity".
Ok so you find the notion of burning people alive for eternity a heinous nonsense as I do, but you can only find the motivation to addrsss me about this terrible sleight on the nature of our God, never the motivation to address the proponents of it, such as sonship. Why is that?

Moves
17 Mar 17

I know how you also love to mischaracterize people, after all, especially those who somehow insult you by disagreeing with you. It wasn't meant to be a "bruiser", whatever that is. If I wanted it to be, I wouldn't have bothered. I just wanted to set the record straight.

The Catholics consider vanity one of the seven deadly sins. Its most profound eff ...[text shortened]... ed" for the things I did say. Things which still seem obvious even to the most casual observer.
I've been posting here for nearly a decade Suzianne and yet here you are somehow believing that there is a "record" which you are worried about which needs to be set straight, and which you somehow think I'm also concerned about, and you are using some catholic dogma to sort of negatively impress it upon me.

If you are concerned about name calling, how it is you never take it up with any of those people on that list, just with me?

Moves
17 Mar 17

Isn't there one for me? 😉
One difference between you and I Jovishw, is that I will never call you an enemy of God, no matter what you say to me, no matter how incensed I am with you about something.

rc

Moves
17 Mar 17

Will this satanic diabolic narcissism never end?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
17 Mar 17

One difference between you and I Jovishw, is that I will never call you an enemy of God, no matter what you say to me, no matter how incensed I am with you about something.
Another difference is you have no problem calling someone a d**k.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Mar 17

I suppose it's right up there with "what you mean by 'wiretapping' ".

Predestined is predestined. There is only one meaning. And if everyone has a choice, then predestination is wrong. Period.
"Predestined is predestined. There is only one meaning."

But what does it mean within the context of the verses it's used in? Some believe it means that God choose some to be saved and others lost. That is wrong.

Romans 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

God knew, before creation, who would believe and who wouldn't. Belief, or faith, is the prerequisite for salvation.

Predestinate in the verse above has to do with its object, i.e. to what believers are conformed to, which is the image of his son.

God foreknew who would believe, and predestined believers to be conformed to the image of his son.

That's what it means. To suggest that it means God decided who would be saved and who would be lost entirely negates volition, and if God sent to hell those who had no choice that would make God a monster of unparalleled evil.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Mar 17

You seem to be saying that because predestination is wrong, that it's ok to keep billions of people alive for eternity while your version of god tortures them with fire.

Surely that's not what your pulling out of this?
See my post to Suzianne above.

Moves
17 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Will this satanic diabolic narcissism never end?
Dick-head.You can't even find the fortitude to address me directly.