Christmas...

Christmas...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
26 Nov 15

If as a non-Christian I can enjoy Christmas why can't a JW (without actually celebrating the day) ???

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
26 Nov 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
So i accept an invite to my mothers house for dinner and you term me a leach. When i am feasting on all those roast potatoes, brussels sprouts, spicy pepper sauces and other delectables that my loving and generous parents decide to bestow upon me I will ask myself why i should deprive my mother of the joy of giving and having her family around her a ...[text shortened]... ng ludicrous . Even Scrooge was forced to crack open a smile maybe you can too 😀 Happy holidays
No toasting rob, rules is rules

r

Moves
27 Nov 15

In addition to Robbie's observations,
why would we want to get involved in any way with governments of this world?
We are Christians and Jesus said his Kingdom is not of this world.
(John 18:36) Jesus answered: “My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source.”

Also(1 John 2:17) Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but the one who does the will of God remains forever.
We choose to do God's will to the best of our ability.
What will you choose?

F

Moves
27 Nov 15

Originally posted by roigam
Why would this mean that you cannot function and behave as ordinary citizens while in this world?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Nov 15

(John 18:36) Jesus answered: “My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to th ...[text shortened]... remains forever.
What will you choose?
You are not a Christian, but a Jehovah's Witness that goes to a Kingdom Hall instead of a Church. You are a part of this world and not part of the Kingdom of God.

God's will is that you honor the Son as you do the Father.
For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son, so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

(John 5 :22-23 NASB)

HalleluYaH !!!
Praise the LORD!
Holy! Holy! Holy!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Nov 15

(John 18:36) Jesus answered: “My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to th ...[text shortened]... remains forever.
What will you choose?
Because the Bible tells us that kings are set by God, it tells us that we are to fear God but honour the king, it tells us that we are to pay our taxes.

You are not "Christians" you are "Jehovah's Witnesses" there is a chasm of difference in the mind of the "Christian" between you and us.

When you say "we choose to do gods will, what will you choose?" Do you think you have apprehended that position? Do you think that other people are incapable of "choosing to do God's will"?

Stop knocking on doors because you are told to, and seek God for yourself.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Nov 15

Maybe they give your children schooling.
Maybe they provide rules and regulations which protect you at work.
Maybe they provide infrastructure for you to get to work. (Rail/road/waterways)
Maybe they provide a police force to protect you.
Maybe they provide health care.

Maybe.

Apart from that NOTHING.

r

Moves
28 Nov 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
We all know that getting involved with Christmas is one of the 141 things that you cannot do. Here is a complete list of the things that JWs cannot do:

1.Belong to another organization or club for the purpose of socializing with nonbelievers.
2.Have best friends and activity buddies who are not Jehovah’s Witnesses.
3.Associate with people outside their ...[text shortened]... from the organization. Jehovah’s Witnesses report friends and family members breaking the rules
(Proverbs 10:19) When words are many, transgression cannot be avoided, But whoever controls his lips acts discreetly.

F

Moves
28 Nov 15

(Proverbs 10:19) When words are many, transgression cannot be avoided, But whoever controls his lips acts discreetly.
Is this not a rather tawdry use of the Holy Bible? Cherry picking a line to try to deliver a put down to a fellow Christian on a message board rather than responding to what they have said. If someone disagreed with a long post of yours, what significance would it have if they ignored it and instead retorted with Proverbs 10:19? What significance does it have when you commandeer Proverbs 10:19 for use as a petty barb in cyberspace?

r

Moves
28 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Because the Bible tells us that kings are set by God, it tells us that we are to fear God but honour the king, it tells us that we are to pay our taxes.

You are not "Christians" you are "Jehovah's Witnesses" there is a chasm of difference in the mind of the "Christian" between you and us.

When you say "we choose to do gods will, what will you cho ...[text shortened]... to do God's will"?

Stop knocking on doors because you are told to, and seek God for yourself.
Sorry, true Christians have been commissioned by Jesus to go door to door.
(Matthew 10:5-14) These 12 Jesus sent out, giving them these instructions: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter any Sa·marʹi·tan city; 6 but instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 As you go, preach, saying: ‘The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.’ 8 Cure the sick, raise up the dead, make lepers clean, expel demons. You received free, give free. 9 Do not acquire gold or silver or copper for your money belts, 10 or a food pouch for the trip, or two garments, or sandals, or a staff, for the worker deserves his food. 11 “Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until you leave. 12 When you enter the house, greet the household. 13 If the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from you return upon you. 14 Wherever anyone does not receive you or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet.
This continued after Jesus left.
(Acts 20:20) while I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house.
This preaching continued until Paul could say:
(Colossians 1:23) provided, of course, that you continue in the faith, established on the foundation and steadfast, not being shifted away from the hope of that good news that you heard and that was preached in all creation under heaven.

And the preaching must continue until:
(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

The question is: are those who do not go door to door and bring the Good News of God's Kingdom to people, are they really Christian, are they really doing God's will.

Judge for yourself.

F

Moves
28 Nov 15

true Christians have been commissioned by Jesus to go door to door.
What happens to members of your organisation who don't go door to door?

r

Moves
28 Nov 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
You are not a Christian, but a Jehovah's Witness that goes to a Kingdom Hall instead of a Church. You are a part of this world and not part of the Kingdom of God.

God's will is that you honor the Son as you do the Father.
For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son, so that all will honor the Son even as they h ...[text shortened]... sent Him.

(John 5 :22-23 NASB)

HalleluYaH !!!
Praise the LORD!
Holy! Holy! Holy!
It's called a Kingdom Hall because we preach the Good News of the Kingdom.
We honor the son by carrying out his command to preach and teach.
Most so called Christians listen to a clergyman in a church.
At best some will try to get the message out to a friend or neighbor.
We preach and teach in over 850 languages worldwide.
btw we are Jehovah's Christian Witnesses as opposed to Jehovah's Jewish Witnesses.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Nov 15

Sorry, true Christians have been commissioned by Jesus to go door to door.
(Matthew 10:5-14) These 12 Jesus sent out, giving them these instructions: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter any Sa·marʹi·tan city; 6 but instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 As you go, preach, saying: ‘The Kingdom of the heav ...[text shortened]... m to people, are they really Christian, are they really doing God's will.

Judge for yourself.
This was before telecommunications. There was no radio, telephone, television, or internet. I am sure Jesus would want Christians today to take advantage of mass communication means to spread the good news of His kingdom.

r

Moves
28 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
Is this not a rather tawdry use of the Holy Bible? Cherry picking a line to try to deliver a put down to a fellow Christian on a message board rather than responding to what they have said. If someone disagreed with a long post of yours, what significance would it have if they ignored it and instead retorted with Proverbs 10:19? What significance does it have when you commandeer Proverbs 10:19 for use as a petty barb in cyberspace?
You miss my point entirely.
In your abundance of words there is error, more than can be addressed without another abundance of words.
If I were to insult someone, what would be gained?
I'm a person just as you are. The Bible says,
(Romans 3:23) For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
I'm no better than anyone else.

F

Moves
28 Nov 15
1 edit

You miss my point entirely.
In your abundance of words there is error, more than can be addressed without another abundance of words.
If I were to insult someone, what would be gained?
I'm a person just as you are. The Bible says,
(Romans 3:23) For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
I'm no better than anyone else.
So if someone disagreed with something you had said (and you'd explained it at length), what significance would it have if they just brushed it off by quoting Proverbs 10:19 at you?