1. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 May '16 21:36
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    What do you consider to be neighbours? Do you love these people as much as you love siblings?
    Well now you are confusing two things. Love in the sense that Christ used it means brotherly love [demonstrated by compassion for others in need] and has very little to do with human affection [like the type you have for siblings].

A neighbour is anyone that that crosses your path.

Me personally? I do not answer personal questions on the internet.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 May '16 21:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Well it doesn't mean 'don't argue with people on the Internet', if that's what you're pitching at.
    No, I'd never go down that route, If I couldn't argue with the people that I loved I would have nothing to do at family gatherings.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '16 21:38
    What do you consider to be neighbours? Do you love these people as much as you love siblings?
    Sir you seem unaware that for the Greeks and the early Christians there were four types of love, three of which are mentioned in scripture. agape (love based on principle) philio (love among friends) , storge (family love) and eros (romantic love between the sexes)
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '16 21:45
    No, I'd never go down that route, If I couldn't argue with the people that I loved I would have nothing to do at family gatherings.
    🙂
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '16 21:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sir you seem unaware that for the Greeks and the early Christians there were four types of love, three of which are mentioned in scripture. agape (love based on principle) philio (love among friends) , storge (family love) and eros (romantic love between the sexes)
    Interesting; which 3 are mentioned?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '16 22:07
    Interesting; which 3 are mentioned?
    Every one except eros.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 May '16 22:23
    Yeah, i love my neighbours. Why not? It's not the same as liking someone
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 May '16 22:52
    if its 'compassion' then why not just say 'compassion'...why use a word that carries such strong emotions and meaning? are you also suggesting that its about what you do (treat people like you love them) rather than what you feel inside?
    Love is a translation from the Greek word agape.

The Greek actually have various words for love depending upon how they are applied. The English language, unfortunately, is not as good.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 May '16 22:53
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah, i love my neighbours. Why not? It's not the same as liking someone
    In the story of the Good Samaritan, notice the two men never converse. All that is known is that the Samaritan knew he was helping a foe.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '16 01:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    In the story of the Good Samaritan, notice the two men never converse.
    It's a parable told by Jesus on the spur of the moment; probably not much to read into the characters not having any dialogue.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '16 06:141 edit
    Well it doesn't mean 'don't argue with people on the Internet', if that's what you're pitching at.
    However, it might include 'don't make things up about people', 'don't ruin their reputation' and 'don't take great pains to make others dislike them too'. Treating them how you might wish to be treated is included in with this.

Arguing with people is one thing, and making them out to be the worst human on the planet is quite another.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '16 06:30
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Well now you are confusing two things. Love in the sense that Christ used it means brotherly love [demonstrated by compassion for others in need] and has very little to do with human affection [like the type you have for siblings].

A neighbour is anyone that that crosses your path.

Me personally? I do not answer personal questions on the internet.
    But you can sure judge other Christians when you just assume that they don't follow Christ's commandments. No 'benefit of the doubt' with you, either.

One of your favorite passages you bash Christians with is Matthew 7:21:

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

You constantly claim that every Christian in this forum (except you, of course) are the ones saying "Lord, Lord", while only you are the one doing the will of the Father.

You judge everyone with no proof, and yet you have the nerve to then say, "I do not answer personal questions on the internet" when asked if you follow all of His commandments. You're a hypocrite. More DAISNAID.

Claiming others are guilty without facing your own guilt is exactly what being a hypocrite is.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '16 06:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Thus claimeth the Greek "master".
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '16 06:37
    It's a parable told by Jesus on the spur of the moment; probably not much to read into the characters not having any dialogue.
    But still, there's more than meets the eye in this story. One only need look just a little closer. Martin Luther King, Jr. had this to say about this story:

“The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: 'If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?' But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: 'If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?' ”

And this is why Jesus told this story, it gets to the heart of the matter.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '16 06:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    However, it might include 'don't make things up about people', 'don't ruin their reputation' and 'don't take great pains to make others dislike them too'. Treating them how you might wish to be treated is included in with this.

Arguing with people is one thing, and making them out to be the worst human on the planet is quite another.
    Completely agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree