1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 21:45
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Yes.
    Dance, sing, get drunk, have sex at odd hours of the day and write poetry.

What do you do apart from sit in your stinking cess pool of a home?
    Don't be jealous. 😏
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 21:53
    Does your god understand "Fun"?

If so - what does he/she/it do for fun?
    Undoubtedly.

Out of your skin!!
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 00:13
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    First off, He made me - and i laugh with Him on that. Everyone is sooooo serious when they read the bible. But God does have a "weird" sense of humor.

Moses was brought up in the Egyptian culture. Logic and reason. So when Moses finally comes to the mountain of God, how does God call to him. God causes a bush to burn that is not consumed. I can see God there saying, "ok smarty pants, figure this one out".
    He plays around with Man for fun?

That sounds reasonable.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 07:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    My point is that if someone starts claiming that God has communicated with them about "fun", then I'd need convincing. You've told me that God has communicated with you about the imminent end of the world (in your lifetime in fact) but you offer absolutely no convincing reason to believe you, something rather accentuated by the fact that you went into a convulsi ...[text shortened]... nems the last time you were asked to justify your prediction and came up with scarcely a reason.
    Just because a reason makes no sense to you, doesn't mean it's not a valid reason. It could be that you're just not equipped to make sense of that reason. Do you think puppies understand that your key ring that you jingle in front of them is used by you to operate your motor vehicle? No, they have no concept. Similarly, you have no concept nor understanding of how God communicates his will to his people. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Most humans don't hear dog whistles, either.

Let me be clear. I'm not saying that God has spoken to me, beyond how he speaks to all his faithful through the Bible. The Holy Spirit also guides us to a fuller understanding of God, one that is not easily explained to those without faith, for their ears are closed.

In my case, I have been visited by angels who told me to my face of God's will for me. This was near the end of a very desperate time of my life, when I was almost certain that God had abandoned me and no longer heard my prayers. I was almost 18, and I had been held captive since I was 16 by my boyfriend at the time (who was significantly older, btw). I was made to perform sexually for other men who paid him, and he had also addicted me to heroin and other drugs to control me. This had gone on for nearly two years, and I was desperate for a way out when I managed to discover his handgun one day when he was out. I sat in my sleeping area thinking of how best to make sure I killed myself with one shot instead of maiming myself or just causing brain damage when I was suddenly aware that I was not alone. Two angels had come to talk me out of my decision. They said God did not want this, that God had other plans for me and they convinced me to give them 24 hours. "Just put this off one more day, and you'll see," they told me. Then they were gone. The next morning, just before noon, 4 or 5 men busted in the front door of the house we lived in. One of them was my Dad, who I had not seen since I left home at 16. I was finally safe again.

Yes, this is just my personal narrative, and no, I'm not demanding, or even expecting, you to believe it. I bring this up only to illustrate that this is the only time I ever received a personal message from God (passed to me by the angels). And yes, I understand that since you don't believe, that you can dream up 500 reasons why this is not proof. I agree, it's only anecdotal to you, but it IS proof to me. I was not even yet a Christian at this point, but later I became a Christian while I was away at college.

My point with this is that no, this is not meant to offer a reason, or even a compelling argument to you or to anybody. I am just saying that I really don't need to offer you any reasons. I already have my own reasons and that's more than "good enough" for me. It's also why you can say anything to want to me, but it's not going to change my mind. I've seen the truth, and if anyone wants to try to tell me it's not real, then they can go pound sand.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 08:083 edits
    Does your god understand "Fun"?

If so - what does he/she/it do for fun?
    God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit enjoyed perfect happiness in eternity past; enjoy perfect happiness during human history; and will continue to enjoy perfect happiness in eternity future. Significantly, God desires to share His "perfect happiness" with each member of the human race. There's a world of difference between the tranquility and joy of an abiding eternal happiness and doing things to have "fun". God gave the first man and woman two wedding gifts in the Garden of Eden for the purpose of their maximum happiness: 1) Perfect environment; and 2) Perfect sexual intercourse as one of many expressions of love between a man and woman in marriage. Subsequently the first woman was deceived and the first man violated God's one prohibition. God is not the author of unhappiness or confusion. The human race itself is responsible for the wars and famines which it has experienced since.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 09:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    My point with this is that no, this is not meant to offer a reason, or even a compelling argument to you or to anybody. I am just saying that I really don't need to offer you any reasons. I already have my own reasons and that's more than "good enough" for me. It's also why you can say anything to want to me, but it's not going to change my mind. I've seen the truth, and if anyone wants to try to tell me it's not real, then they can go pound sand.

I'm not trying to change your mind. This thing you say about you really not needing to offer people any reasons or compelling arguments and you having your own reasons and that's more than good enough for you ~ is this philosophy a basic building block of your Christian life?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 09:12
    Let me be clear. I'm not saying that God has spoken to me, beyond how he speaks to all his faithful through the Bible.
    Has God spoken to you ~ through the Bible ~ about how the world will end in your lifetime?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 12:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    Has God spoken to you ~ through the Bible ~ about how the world will end in your lifetime?
    "For the word of God is living and active [powerful] and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12) "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 14:42
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "For the word of God is living and active [powerful] and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12) "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training ...[text shortened]... ness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
    Suzianne has claimed that the world will end in her lifetime so I asked her if her God figure had spoken to her about this through the Bible.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 11:082 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Has God spoken to you ~ through the Bible ~ about how the world will end?

Yes.

in your lifetime?

Not so much. This is mainly my interpretation. It will be soon... it might be in my lifetime, but it may not be. This is also a case where definitions do matter. What do you mean by "end of the world"? I expect I'll be dead before the "end of things as we know them", because the AntiChrist coming to power will result in an environment where my continued living is not very likely. I don't expect to live long enough to see the Battle of Armageddon happen, or the actual return of Christ. I wish it were otherwise, but it's just not likely.

But this is also why I've said I wish it would wait. I'm like anyone else, I'd rather live a normal lifespan and I'm not a huge fan of seeing my life cut short.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 11:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]My point with this is that no, this is not meant to offer a reason, or even a compelling argument to you or to anybody. I am just saying that I really don't need to offer you any reasons. I already have my own reasons and that's more than "good enough" for me. It's also why you can say anything to want to me, but it's not going to change my mind. I ...[text shortened]... ore than good enough for you ~ is this philosophy a basic building block of your Christian life?
    In a word, yes. I have a remarkable story, and I suspect that many other Christians do too. Christ has the power to change lives. That's *why* He came, "that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 12:00
    In a word, yes. I have a remarkable story, and I suspect that many other Christians do too. Christ has the power to change lives. That's *why* He came, "that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
    I know full well that belief in Christ has the power to change lives.

Your "in a word, yes" answer was to this question? ...

This thing you say about you really not needing to offer people any reasons or compelling arguments and you having your own reasons and that's more than good enough for you ~ is this philosophy a basic building block of your Christian life?

You feel no onus on you to seek to convert others?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 12:03
    [b]Has God spoken to you ~ through the Bible ~ about how the world will end?

Yes.

in your lifetime?

Not so much. This is mainly my interpretation. It will be soon... it might be in my lifetime, but it may not be. This is also a case where definitions do matter. What do you mean by "end of the world"? I expect I'll be dead before the ...[text shortened]... yone else, I'd rather live a normal lifespan and I'm not a huge fan of seeing my life cut short.[/b]
    So when you tell people that the world as we know it will end in your lifetime, you don't claim to be 'teaching' God's word?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 12:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    So when you tell people that the world as we know it will end in your lifetime, you don't claim to be 'teaching' God's word?
    Well, let's look at the apparent dichotomy. When I speak of the end times, yes, this is God's word, and I can speak with authority on that. But now when this will happen is up to interpretation. God says nothing about this happening "in Suzi's lifetime". I just see the signs and know the season is "soon", just as farmers know when the harvest is coming. But yes, "when" is always conjecture. I hope I'm wrong.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 12:27
    Well, let's look at the apparent dichotomy. When I speak of the end times, yes, this is God's word, and I can speak with authority on that. But now when this will happen is up to interpretation. God says nothing about this happening "in Suzi's lifetime". I just see the signs and know the season is "soon", just as farmers know when the harvest is coming. But yes, "when" is always conjecture. I hope I'm wrong.
    So for you to go around claiming it will happen in your lifetime is not something the Bible authorizes you to do?

sonship and roigam are two Christians who have stated publicly that they hope and pray that it will happen soon. Which is better supported by the Bible: your hoping it doesn't happen soon, or their hoping it does?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree