1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Dec '23 18:13
    @pettytalk said
    To show us his perfection? A perfect being can create either. It's the imperfect being who cannot create perfection.

And since nature is ever changing, some take it that nature cannot be their god/gods, it stands to reason. After all, no matter the story or whence it came, we all know that man is not perfect.....if he was he would live forever, in perfect harmony.
    "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good."

Was there a sub clause about leaving in one or two imperfections?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '23 02:40
    @pettytalk said
    To show us his perfection? A perfect being can create either. It's the imperfect being who cannot create perfection.

And since nature is ever changing, some take it that nature cannot be their god/gods, it stands to reason. After all, no matter the story or whence it came, we all know that man is not perfect.....if he was he would live forever, in perfect harmony.
    Boy, will the kinks and fold marks in your straight-faced contortionist reasoning EVER get smoothed out again after this? Or is one of the lumps I see caused by your tongue in your cheek?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '23 02:42
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good."

Was there a sub clause about leaving in one or two imperfections?
    I think this is a clear flaw in the anthropomorphizers' insistence that the nature of the universe has some sort of humanoid moral purpose.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Dec '23 09:28
    @fmf said
    I think this is a clear flaw in the anthropomorphizers' insistence that the nature of the universe has some sort of humanoid moral purpose.
    We have evolved to adapt to a hostile world that has frequently sought our destruction.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree