Evolution Q & A

Evolution Q & A

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
125d

@vivify said
I guess you were right. Can't say I didn't try.
If it helps, you are not alone. Many have tried.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
125d

@vivify said
Every time I've pointed out your lack of understand I've used specifics from your posts to show why.

Your very first post in this thread was about how "information" first arrived in organisms. I had to point out that's not a topic evolution is meant to deal with, then explain to you that evolution is about the divergence of life, not the origins.

Every post since you ...[text shortened]... t to you.

I don't care if you believe in evolution or not. Just stop misrepresenting what it is.
Now you are being deceitful, my reply after you said you didn't want to talk about the beginning of the process was.

"Okay, if there is an established life form in that all functions and features are working, what inside that life keeps them working within the necessary tolerances, so that life maintains its forms and functions in the generations to come over time?

How would that which keeps things working, change without breaking either form or function going forward?"

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
125d

@bigdogg said
If it helps, you are not alone. Many have tried.
This comes from the one who sees design and then denies it.

IP

Moves
125d

@kellyjay said
This comes from the one who sees design and then denies it.
He doesn't 'see design', only you and others who cling desperately to your so outdated and redundant mythology 'see design'. You either cannot see or refuse to accept clear explanations offered to you as to the processes of evolution, and until you do, I suggest that you leave intelligent conversation to others.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
125d
1 edit

@indonesia-phil said
He doesn't 'see design', only you and others who cling desperately to your so outdated and redundant mythology 'see design'. You either cannot see or refuse to accept clear explanations offered to you as to the processes of evolution, and until you do, I suggest that you leave intelligent conversation to others.
There has not been a clear explanation only broad sweeping proclamations avoiding details. It's easy to push a theory if you don't have to explain the details, which right now you are also doing. Site a single detail that someone has offered so far that deals with any of the issues I have brought up, besides someone saying read the link, or only the good more on nothing has been offered. I spoke about how you could claim only the good mutations go forward, when every mutation in that life goes forward, there isn't a mechanism that distinguishes good from bad so to keep one and lose the other, we wouldn't even know until some outcome good or bad occurs. Once that happens it's too late, if bad ones are there the bad will do more damage before the good has a chance to do anything constructive.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
125d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
If I read this link will you address my questions that I get while reading it, or find some out?
@vivify said
Bruh: this thread is meant to be a Q & A, not a debate. You don't understand evolution enough to debate it.

Read this link: https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/evolution/evolution.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

"If I read this link will you address my questions that I get while reading it, or find some out?"

Since you didn't bother responding I take it you are not either willing or able to answer for the links you post as well as being able to give answers to questions given to you.

rain

Moves
125d

@kellyjay said
If I read this link will you address my questions that I get while reading it, or find some out?
Yes. As long it's not to debate. The point of this thread is just to understand what evolution is.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
125d

@vivify said
Yes. As long it's not to debate. The point of this thread is just to understand what evolution is.
Do you mean to understand what you think it is, nothing more than that?

rain

Moves
125d

@kellyjay said
Do you mean to understand what you think it is, nothing more than that?
If I'm wrong about anything I tell you we have plenty of intelligent people to correct me on this site. Bigg Dogg, Indonesia Phil, Dive...all have proven they know their stuff and have been watching this thread. They'll correct me on anything I get wrong.

The purpose of this thread is to better understand evolution, not win a debate.

F

Moves
125d

@kellyjay said
You have given me NOTHING to accept, you have only repeated your beliefs on what you think happened over millions of years. I think you are better off leaving this discussion since you cannot give the reasons for your beliefs when they are not just blindly accepted as facts.
Oh the irony

F

Moves
125d

@kellyjay said
Well that’s good, then the nuts and bolts should be easy to explain.
What's your explanation for"the nuts and bolts" of evolution?

F

Moves
125d

@KellyJay
"Specifically, the Abrahamic God did it"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
124d
1 edit

@vivify said
If I'm wrong about anything I tell you we have plenty of intelligent people to correct me on this site. Bigg Dogg, Indonesia Phil, Dive...all have proven they know their stuff and have been watching this thread. They'll correct me on anything I get wrong.

The purpose of this thread is to better understand evolution, not win a debate.
Except you are preaching to the choir, if you are going to be wrong about anything more than likely those that share the same view as you will also be making the same mistake. Like minds think alike, and I'm asking you to look a little deeper at the details that are not broad-sweeping generalities, but how they would have to look if true, and how they would not look if not true.

Moves
124d

We evolved as a species. That is a factual statement.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
124d

@indonesia-phil said
Writting something off due to what you call outdated mythology is no different than writing it in only for that cause because neither is focusing on the data itself. If you have only the complaint about myths being involved you are rejecting it out of hand without actually seeing any reason that has to do with the evidence, which would be no different than someone saying God did it without reasons as well, saying evolution did it without being able to speak to the detail is just as lazy.