False religion versus the gospel of Jesus Christ

False religion versus the gospel of Jesus Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Aug 16

Religion says some people are better (more holy) than others. The gospel says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rom 3).

In religion people try to become acceptable to God by their efforts and deeds. The gospel says we become acceptable to God through faith in what Christ did for us on the cross alone. (Rom 3:21-25 & 2 Cor 5:21).

Religion is works based. The gospel is faith and grace based. (Rom 1:17, 6:23, Gal 2:16, Eph 2:8-10)

Religion has lots of rules that people are forced to keep. The gospel says because Christ loved us and what He did for us, we love Him and want to please Him. (Rom 12:1 & 2 Cor 5:14-15)

Religion tries to exalt and give glory to people. The gospel exalts Christ and says all glory and honor belongs to Him alone. (Isa 48:11, Mat 23:8-12, Rev 4:9-1 & Rev 5:12)

Paul forsook "religion" and counted it as dung for the surpassing worth of knowing Christ. (Phil 3:2-11).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Aug 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Religion says some people are better (more holy) than others. The gospel says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rom 3).

In religion people try to become acceptable to God by their efforts and deeds. The gospel says we become acceptable to God through faith in what Christ did for us on the cross alone. (Rom 3:21-25 & 2 Cor 5:21).

R ...[text shortened]... ook "religion" and counted it as dung for the surpassing worth of knowing Christ. (Phil 3:2-11).
I agree completely. Well stated....
It's too bad so many people can't just receive nor understand the Grace of God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Aug 16

R ...[text shortened]... ook "religion" and counted it as dung for the surpassing worth of knowing Christ. (Phil 3:2-11).
The Gospel of Jesus Christ, you say, but not a word of what Jesus Christ actually said in your post.
It appears that what YOU are preaching is 'False Religion'.

I challenge you to do this. Make two lists
1. What Jesus Christ Actually Said.
2. What Christianity Now Says.

You game?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
The Gospel of Jesus Christ, you say, but not a word of what Jesus Christ actually said in your post.

You game?
What does 'Christianity now say' according to Rajk999?

If we are able to please God with works, why did Christ die on the cross?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Aug 16
1 edit

What does 'Christianity now say' according to Rajk999?

If we are able to please God with works, why did Christ die on the cross?
What you said in your opining post which you mistakenly called 'the Gospel of Jesus Christ', is what Christianity now says. So you already said it.

As for your next question, is that your way of declining the challenge? That sounds like a diversion but if you want change the course of your thread then you start off by answering your question of why did Jesus die on the cross.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Aug 16

What you said in your opining post which you mistakenly called 'the Gospel of Jesus Christ', is what Christianity now says. So you already said it.

As for your next question, is that your way of declining the challenge? That sounds like a diversion but if you want change the course of your thread then you start off by answering your question of why did Jesus die on the cross.
If what I posted is mistaken then what is the true gospel of Jesus Christ according to Rajk999?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Aug 16

If what I posted is mistaken then what is the true gospel of Jesus Christ according to Rajk999?
The Gospel of Jesus Christ, are all the teachings of Jesus recorded in the Bible. You want me to list them all in one post?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Aug 16
3 edits

The Gospel of Jesus Christ, are all the teachings of Jesus recorded in the Bible. You want me to list them all in one post?
Only those that contradict what 'Christianity now says' would be fine, thanks in advance.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Aug 16

So which words of his contradict what I have written?
Apparently everything. Nothing you said came from the teachings of Christ. Imagine you did not even realise that. Thats what religion and religious brainwashing does to people. They dont even know what Jesus said anymore

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Aug 16
1 edit

Apparently everything. Nothing you said came from the teachings of Christ. Imagine you did not even realise that. Thats what religion and religious brainwashing does to people. They dont even know what Jesus said anymore
So you are the only one who understands what Christ said and the whole of Chrsitendom is deceived?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Aug 16
2 edits

So you are the only one who understands what Christ said and the whole of Chrsitendom is deceived?
I see, you accept the doctrine you think is popular. You are on the broad path .. cool.

I made comments about the opening post which I notice you refuse to address. Instead you are crossquestioning me.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Aug 16

You game?
Matthew 4:4
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Every word that comes from the mouth of God in your mind Rajk999 do you think that
when Peter shared, or Paul shared, or John shared, or Moses shared, or Joshua shared,
or Samuel, or any other person God used to share His truth that some how according to
Jesus man should not live by those Words of God's?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Aug 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
Matthew 4:4
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Every word that comes from the mouth of God in your mind Rajk999 do you think that
when Peter shared, or Paul shared, or John shared, or Moses shared, or Joshua shared,
or Samuel, or any other person God used to share His truth that some how according to
Jesus man should not live by those Words of God's?
Who is "any other person" ,, I dont know what you are asking?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Aug 16

If God uses the Spirit of God to proclaim some truth through any other person, you think
that since it did come from Jesus mouth it doesn't count?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Aug 16

I gave you some names in scripture, you reject the Word of God that came through them
since it didn't come right out of Jesus mouth when Jesus was walking as a man?