For RJHinds-yes Pre:rapture

For RJHinds-yes Pre:rapture

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 14

Originally posted by sonship
Now you are moving closer to what I have said.

[b] And those of us that are watching for His coming will not be caught unprepared and that day will not come on us as a thief (1 Thessalonians 5:4).

The exhortation of 1 Thess 5:4 comes short of being a guarantee that all the saints will not be caught unprepared otherwise ...[text shortened]... ously.

So it is a promise of what we are in Christ followed by an exhortation to COOPERATE.[/b]
Maybe it is your reading comprehension of what I posted that is flawed. I said nothing like what you claim I said. Your imagination seems to have gone wild.

Whether the rapture of the believers comes before or after the great tribulation does not need to be something that should divide us in the body of Christ. Just believe as I tell you and everything will be fine. 😀

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Sep 14
5 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Maybe it is your reading comprehension of what I posted that is flawed. I said nothing like what you claim I said. Your imagination seems to have gone wild.

Whether the rapture of the believers comes before or after the great tribulation does not need to be something that should divide us in the body of Christ. Just believe as I tell you and everything will be fine. 😀

It is very possible that on a hasty morning, while eyes were tired, I did not read carefully a post someone wrote.

My apologies for any actual misunderstandings of purpose.

Whether the rapture of the believers comes before or after the great tribulation does not need to be something that should divide us in the body of Christ. Just believe as I tell you and everything will be fine.

Divisions happen when a "church" is set up based on some opinion.
I receive any brother who has a different opinion on these things.
The matter is not the bases for us to divide the local church.

If we go to establish in a locality two different kinds of "churches" based on selective rapture or post tribulation rapture or some other viewpoint, and have a "______ Rapture Church" other than the church in the locality, that is the division.

Now concerning actual problems with selective rapture, I am honest enough to admit one if I genuinely see one. I can say "Now THAT is a problem with what I believe."

So far the things which you propose should be problems to this understanding, actually are not. This does not mean that there may not be some other ones.

But if you come up with something which I a real impediment to selective pre-tribulation rapture, I have no problem in saying something could be a problem to my belief.

We know in part. We prophesy in part. I do not have all the answers. Look, all I am really saying here is "What you find to be a problem with this view is not a problem for me, because of this .....".

I have not yet checked on what you say I misunderstood yet. But let me say this about First Thessalonians 1:4.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with us believing - "But you, brothers, are not in darkness that the day should overtake you like a thief." And use that promise as an incentive to be prepared to meet the Lord.

That is commendable. That is an exercise in faith in the pure word of God.
I would never discourage that kind of hope. And if that is what you hope in order to see you through whatever may happen upon the earth, I praise God. I believe 1 Thess. 5:4 just as much as you do.

Maybe we should just leave it at that. There is complete one accord.

Indeed - "For you are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness." (v.5)

Even better. Praise the victorious Lord Jesus. Then look what else brother Paul goes on to say -

"For those who sleep, sleep during the night, and those who get drunk are drunk during the night; But since we are of the day, let us be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love and a helmet, the hope of salvation."

Now here's the verse you really like. And I like it too.

"For God did not appoint us to wrath but to the obtaining of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, ..."

I will stop here.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Sep 14
1 edit

All I would say about First Thessalonians 5:1 - 11 - that entire section is that brother Paul is saying:

"Here is our nature.
Here is what God ordained us to.
Therefore ... let us live in thus and such manner. "

That is the tone of the passage.
We should, as Christians, go ALONG with our nature bestowed upon us by God. We should, as Christians, go ALONG with what God has ordained us to.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Sep 14

It is very possible that on a hasty morning, while eyes were tired, I did not read carefully a post someone wrote.

My apologies for any actual misunderstandings of purpose.
...[text shortened]... ut to the obtaining of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, ..."

I will stop here.[/b]
"For God did not appoint us to wrath but to the obtaining of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, ..."

This is what happens "after the tribulation of those days" when Christ returns to release "the wrath of God" on the wicked unbelieving, but to provide salvation to the believers.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Sep 14

When is the rapture - Jesus made it clear!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Sep 14

http://affcrit.com/pdfs/2006/02/06_02_wr.pdf
The Rapture of the Saints (1)

http://affcrit.com/pdfs/2007/01/07_01_wr.pdf
The Rapture of the Saints (2)

http://affcrit.com/pdfs/2007/02/07_02_wr.pdf
The Rapture of the Saints (3)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Sep 14

I read the first two pages and the early church fathers quoted there believe the Christians are going through tribulation and Christ does not come for the saints until after the tribulation. That just agrees with what I am saying.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Sep 14

I read the first two pages and the early church fathers quoted there believe the Christians are going through tribulation and Christ does not come for the saints until after the tribulation. That just agrees with what I am saying.
Keep reading though.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Sep 14
4 edits

The Man-child Signifying the Overcomers
throughout History

Verse 5 says, “She brought forth a son, a man-child, who is to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod.” In the Bible, woman signifies the weaker vessel, and man, the stronger one (1 Pet. 3:7). According to this principle, the man-child signifies the stronger part of God’s people. On the one hand, he is fully a part of her, having been hidden within her and nourished by her. On the other hand, he is distinguished from her by reason of his strength. This matches the principle of the overcomers in Revelation 2 and 3. From among all of God’s people in the seven churches, the overcomers are those who maintain their first love for Christ and partake of Him as their life supply (2:4, 7), are faithful even unto death (vv. 10-11), and are not drawn away by empty teachings but rather are nourished by Him in the most private and intimate way (“hidden manna” ) to be transformed for His building (“white stone” and “a new name”; vv. 14-15, 17). The overcomers are also those who refuse demonic and heretical teachings, keep the Lord’s works until the end (vv. 20, 24,26), and have a walk and living that are unspotted by death (3:1, 4). They serve the Lord by utilizing the power He gives them, keep His word, and do not deny His name (v. 8), and they also pay the price (“buy” ) to gain operating faith and the divine nature of God ( “gold” ), conduct that can be approved by the Lord (“white garments” ), and the anointing Spirit for spiritual sight (“eyesalve” ; v. 18).

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Sep 14

Keep reading though.
I am not a fast reader, like my genius son, and I don't like to do a lot of reading. Do you have a Youtube video you can refer me too?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Sep 14
2 edits

[b] The Man-child Signifying the Overcomers
throughout History

Verse 5 says, “She brought forth a son, a man-child, who is to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod.” In the Bible, woman signifies the weaker vessel, and man, the stronger one (1 Pet. 3:7). According to this principle, the man-child signifies the stronger part of God’s ...[text shortened]... (“white garments” ), and the anointing Spirit for spiritual sight (“eyesalve” ; v. 18).
[/b]
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,

2 Timothy 4:3 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

There is a clear parallel between "immediately after the tribulation of those days" of Matthew 24:29-31 and the sixth seal of Revelation 6:12-17. One is from the viewpoint of the faithful and the other from the viewpoint of the wicked.

“But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Matthew 24:29-31 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood; and the stars of the sky fell to the earth, as a fig tree casts its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind. The sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. Then the kings of the earth and the great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains; and they *said to the mountains and to the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; for the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

Revelation 6:12-17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

I am not saying that the apostle John is wicked. I am only pointing out that he is relating the vision from their viewpoint.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Sep 14
6 edits

I am not a fast reader, like my genius son, and I don't like to do a lot of reading. Do you have a Youtube video you can refer me too?
I would encourage anyone who really wants the thorough examination of the subject to take the time to READ the articles, looking up as many verses for themselves as they can.

This is what I have done for years. And I don't feel one has to hurry.

Notice the bibliography of the just the first article

Works Cited
Chafer, Lewis Sperry. “Dispensationalism.”
Bibliotheca Sacra
93.372 (1936).

Coxe, A. Cleveland. Footnotes.
The Ante-Nicene Fathers.
Ed.
Alexander Roberts and James Donaldson. Vol. 4. Grand
Rapids: Eerdmans, 1979.

Darby, J. N.
The Collected Writings of J. N. Darby.
Ed. William
Kelly. 34 vols. Sunbury: Believers Bookshelf, 1971-1972.

Frost, Henry W.
Matthew Twenty-four and the Revelation.
New
York: Oxford UP, 1924.

Govett, Robert.
Entrance into the Kingdom.
Hayesville:
Schoettle, 2001.
———.

Govett on Revelation.
Vol. 2. Miami Springs: Conley &
Schoettle, 1981.
———.

Kingdom Studies.
Miami Springs: Schoettle, 1989.
———.

The Twofoldness of Divine Truth.
Harrisburg: Christian
Publications, n.d.
Hippolytus. “Treatise on Christ and Antichrist.”

The Ante-
Nicene Fathers.
Ed. Alexander Roberts and James
Donaldson. Vol. 5. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1978.

Irenaeus. “Against Heresies.”
The Ante-Nicene Fathers.
Ed.
Alexander Roberts and James Donaldson. Vol. 1. Grand
Rapids: Eerdmans, 1979.

Ladd, George Eldon.
The Blessed Hope.
Grand Rapids:
Eerdmans, 1956.
———.

Crucial Questions about the Kingdom of God.
Grand
Rapids: Eerdmans, 1952.

Lang, George H.
Firstfruits and Harvest.
Miami Springs:
Conley & Schoettle, 1985.
———.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ.
Miami Springs: Conley
& Schoettle, 1985.

Lee, Witness. Footnotes. Recovery Version of the New
Testament. Anaheim: Living Stream Ministry, 1991.
———.
Life-study of Revelation.
Anaheim: Living Stream
Ministry, 1984.

Nee, Watchman.
The Collected Works of Watchman Nee.
vols. Anaheim: Living Stream Ministry, 1992-1994.
———.

The Glorious Church.
Anaheim: Living Stream Ministry,
———.

The Orthodoxy of the Church.
Anaheim: Living Stream
Ministry, 1994.

Newton, Benjamin Wills.
Thoughts on the Apocalypse.
London:
Houlston, 1904.

anton, D. M.
Rapture.
Miami Springs: Schoettle, 1988.

Pember, G. H.
The Antichrist, Babylon, and the Coming of the
Kingdom.
Miami Springs: Schoettle, 1988.

Reiter, Richard R., Paul D. Feinberg, Gleason L. Archer, and
Douglas J. Moo.
The Rapture: Pre-, Mid-, or Post-Tribulational?
Grand Rapids: Academie, 1984.

Ryrie, Charles Caldwell.
The Basis of the Premillennial Faith.
Neptune: Loizeaux Bros., 1953.
———.
Dispensationalism.
Chicago: Moody Press, 1995.
———.

What You Should Know about the Rapture.
Chicago:
Moody Press, 1981.
Scofield, C. I. The Scofield Reference Bible. New York: Oxford
UP, 1945.

Smith, Wilbur M.
A Preliminary Bibliography for the Study of
Biblical Prophecy.
Boston: W. A. Wilde, 1952.

Stanton, Gerald B.
Kept from the Hour.
Miami Springs:
Schoettle, 1991.

Taylor, J. Hudson.
Union and Communion.
Fearn: Christian
Focus, 1996.

Tertullian. “On the Resurrection of the Flesh.”
The Ante-Nicene
Fathers.
Ed. Alexander Roberts and James Donaldson.
Vol. 3. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1978.

Thiessen, Henry Clarence. “Will the Church Pass through the
Tribulation?”
Bibliotheca Sacra
92.368 (1935).

Tregelles, Samuel P.
The Hope of Christ’s Second Coming.
Los
Angeles: Ambassadors for Christ, n.d.

Walvoord, John F.
The Blessed Hope and the Tribulation.
Grand
Rapids: Zondervan, 1980.
———.

The Millennial Kingdom.
Grand Rapids: Academie,
———.

The Rapture Question.
Grand Rapids: Zondervan,

West, Nathaniel.
The Thousand

I have nothing against a good YouTube presentation. But in this case, unless one is just looking for things to disagree with, I think one should take the time to study the articles.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Sep 14

I would encourage anyone who really wants the thorough examination of the subject to take the time to READ the articles, looking up as many verses for themselves as they can.

This is what I have done for years. And I don't feel one has to hurry.

Notice the bibliography of the just the first article

[quote] Works Cited
Chafer, Lewis ...[text shortened]... king for things to disagree with, I think one should take the time to study the articles.
A Post-Tribulation Rapture | Prophecy in the News

The Bible absolutely teaches that the church will go through the tribulation and then the rapture will occur.

Misconceptions:

1. The Elect - Matthew 24:29-31, "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. The Elect is the church! - Romans 11:7, "What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded"

2. The Tribulation is not the wrath of God -- 1 Thessalonians 5:9, "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,"
The tribulation period is the wrath of Satan (War in Heaven) -- Revelation 12:12, "Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time." He persecuted Israel for times, times and half a time (3 ½ years)

3. The church is not mentioned after Revelation 4:1... Actually it is!
Revelation 19:7-9, "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Sep 14

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days ..." whatever ... does not prove that there is no pre-tribulation rapture of those who fulfill the Lord's conditions in Luke 21:34 and Rev. 3:10.

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days ..." whatever ... had absolutely ZERO effect on the corporate man-child being selected from the Woman to be raptured before the one thousands two hundred and sixty days (Rev. 12:5-12)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Sep 14
5 edits

The 144,000 from the tribes of Israel (ch.7) are set in contrast to the 144,000 firstfruits from the church (ch. 14) :

Revelation 14 is another significant chapter, showing how God in His wisdom, righteousness, and sovereignty will deal with all the people on earth in the proper way and at the proper time during the great tribulation. (Israel is not dealt with in this chapter, because it has already been covered in chapter 7 with the vision of the sealing of the one hundred and forty-four thousand chosen Israelites.) Verse 1 of chapter 14 says, “I saw, and behold, the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him a hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads.” The one hundred and forty-four thousand in chapter 14 is in contrast to the one hundred and forty-four thousand in chapter 7 (Nee,Works16:124-125; Govett,Revelation
266-268). First, the group mentioned in 7:4 is composed of those selected from “every tribe of the sons of Israel,” but the group in chapter 14 is “purchased from the earth” and “purchased from among men” (vv. 3-4). Those in chapter 7 are marked out with the “seal of the living God” (v. 2), but those in chapter 14 have the name of the Lamb and the name of His Father written on their foreheads (v. 1). This corresponds to the promise to the overcomers in the church in Philadelphia that Christ will write upon them the name of His God (3:12). Thus, the one hundred and forty-four thousand in chapter 14 are taken from the church.

From The Rapture of the Saints (1) [my emphasis]

Affirmation and Critique
http://affcrit.com/pdfs/2006/02/06_02_wr.pdf