God and Science

God and Science

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
69d

@pettytalk said
We all do. Only God knows the truth. And to tell you the truth, none of us has the foggiest idea.
If you don’t think we can know truth why bother?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
69d

@vivify said
*Crux

The crux of the video was about how science explains god or how science allegedly makes the idea of god more realistic.

That's fallacious given he doesn't explain how he just asserts it does.
The talk was about the nature of explanation you have a difficult time with comprehension.

rain

Moves
69d

@kellyjay said
you have a difficult time with comprehension.
Okay Mr. "Thrust of the discussion".

You have threads both in Spirituality the Science forum with hundreds of posts telling in you in great detail that you have poor comprehension.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
69d

@vivify said

You have threads both in Spirituality the Science forum with hundreds of posts telling in you in great detail that you have poor comprehension.
As I have been saying you spend more time speaking about others than you do topics.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
69d

@vivify said

You claim I have poor comprehension, please cite the one example you are aware of that you think is most provable. Hopefully, it will not be something like where you allege Dr. Lenox made several logical errors, the most glaring of which is asserting a god exists and doing so without evidence. When he was speaking about two different types of explanations.

Moves
69d

@kellyjay said
If you don’t think we can know truth why bother?
IIt's a game that really bothers us if we don't pursue it. We are ever chasing after the wind of truth. We can only, at best, catch a correct opinion of the truth.

However, when it comes to God and Science, we can put it this way: God is absolute truth, and science is the correct opinion, at best.

By my proposal on knowing the truth, is one based on absolute truth, as being out of reach for all souls currently imprisoned in a physical body. My proposal is not an original idea; I was led to it. As Jesus said, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'

The Father only knows absolute truth.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
69d

@pettytalk said
IIt's a game that really bothers us if we don't pursue it. We are ever chasing after the wind of truth. We can only, at best, catch a correct opinion of the truth.

However, when it comes to God and Science, we can put it this way: God is absolute truth, and science is the correct opinion, at best.

By my proposal on knowing the truth, is one based on absolute truth, as ...[text shortened]... nd the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'

The Father only knows absolute truth.
God is absolute truth, and being personable, we can know Him. 🙂

Moves
69d

@kellyjay said
God is absolute truth, and being personable, we can know Him. 🙂

https://youtu.be/allxx9EzoxU
You need to broaden your musical listening horizon. God does communicate through the arts and artists. Music is art, and there are many genres of music.

As I proposed before, if you accidentally bumped into God on a street corner you would not recognize him. However, you could bump into the anti-Christ and believe that it's your personable knowable God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
69d

@pettytalk said
You need to broaden your musical listening horizon. God does communicate through the arts and artists. Music is art, and there are many genres of music.

As I proposed before, if you accidentally bumped into God on a street corner you would not recognize him. However, you could bump into the anti-Christ and believe that it's your personable knowable God.
I like the music I listen too, thank you very much.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
69d

@pettytalk said

You actually have a low opinion of God.

Moves
69d

@kellyjay said
You actually have a low opinion of God.
Low? When he comes down to earth, I certainly do, in that respect. God is a mystery, for now. When the Prince of Peace comes back around, perhaps we'll know Him, but not until He makes Himself known, and in turn, makes His Father known to all, not just to you.

If you are still among the living when the true Antichrist comes, will you be able to recognize Him if He comes around and knocked on your door disguised as a modern-day carpenter and asked you if you needed any roof repairs for your house?

Did you ever listen to Opera? If you don't speak Italian, get a translation of this aria. If you know your Bible and your Jesus, you may just appreciate it. If you listen very carefully and think very hard while using a little bit of imagination, you might think differently about the kind of music you should be listening to.

It's possible that I'm only teasing you, but give it a try anyway, as you may come to appreciate it, for what it is worth. 'Watch therefore (stay awake, and don't sleep), for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.' 'He had a name written that no man knew, but He Himself.'

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
68d

@pettytalk said
Low? When he comes down to earth, I certainly do, in that respect. God is a mystery, for now. When the Prince of Peace comes back around, perhaps we'll know Him, but not until He makes Himself known, and in turn, makes His Father known to all, not just to you.

If you are still among the living when the true Antichrist comes, will you be able to recognize Him if He comes ...[text shortened]... had a name written that no man knew, but He Himself.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ul_IRqtcWE
Do you think God left the earth when Jesus rose from the dead?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
68d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
https://youtu.be/Lyt9ECm8V9g

A discussion on God and science, with a little gravity thrown in.
The Nature of Explanation
Agency and Science
I believe that God and Science co-exist. They describe two sides of the same coin. You could call that coin "Truth".

One does not make the other impossible. Quite the contrary.

Moves
68d

@pettytalk said
Do you class yourself as being a Christian ?

Moves
68d

@kellyjay said
Do you think God left the earth when Jesus rose from the dead?
Obviously, that's a moot question for me, as you intend Jesus to be God, the Father.

But regarding Jesus rising from the dead, which occurrence are you referring to? Jesus has risen from the dead many times; too many to enumerate for me, as my current numerical skills do not allow me to count that high.

As regarding God (The Father), I believe that He too has had not so few cycles of life and death. I know that you will believe that I'm still teasing you, but you too have risen from the dead. But definitely a lot fewer times than your Jesus. Your cycles I can count up to, but it's only a rough estimation, since only God would know that figure precisely.

However, basically, you just wanted to know if a soul leaves the earth, as well as the body it liberates itself from (rising from the dead). If you mean the physical earth, then I would have to say yes.