1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '24 11:07
    @pettytalk said
    Curiosity can kill chickens, as well as cats.

To note: Chickens don't have nine lives. Once plucked and cooked up, that's it. There's no comeback.
    I think you'll find he isn't curious, he looks for anything to complain about, and there is no desire to understand another only to find fault, even if he has to take things out of context and lie about them.
  2. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    17 Jan '24 12:03
    @kellyjay said
    Jesus said He was the way, the truth, and the Life no one comes to Father except through Him. When Adam and Eve sinned they died spiritually, they were no longer connected to the source of all life God. Throughout scripture, Jesus says things like we must be born again, that we must abide in Him who is the Vine and we are the branches our lives were created to be images of ...[text shortened]... ustifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

(A song and small talk)
    https://youtu.be/6xx0d3R2LoU
    You are a generous person. I asked for understanding and agreement, and you gave me a song and the typical pulpit talk.

Rewind.

The theme was Salvation. Your Salvation: Good works are never enough for salvation. One has to be saved by Grace, and good works are optional. In other words, without Grace there is no salvation. Only by Grace salvation is obtained, with or without the good works. One can have performed a ton of good works, and still it's not sufficient for being saved on the basis of the work, a ton of it. And even a million long tons of good works is still short on being saved. Grace is needed for salvation, no matter how many tons of good works one does.

No matter how much work one does, it will never be enough to reach salvation. Like a diver trying to reach the bottom of the bottomless abyss. Grace is to be found on the surface, and not at the bottom of all the good works, no matter how deep the good works are. In other words, Grace is superficial, and there's no need to dive any deeper than believing Paul, primarily. Paul's primary concern is Ephesians 2:8-9, which states: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast." How many good works I have done, which is more than I ca say for you....type of boasting. Perhaps the Gentiles had gotten the wrong idea on being seated closer to Jesus was determined by the number of good works; more the works, closer to Jesus one is seated by the ushers. Like in a theater, where ticket prices are higher for the better seats from which to view the stage of entertainment, and listen to the sound effects.

Salvation without Grace is impossible. That's what you believe, and also arguing that what you do believe is justified by the Biblical text. Right?

We were going to come to an agreement as to what is meant by salvation. Reading your reply it does not seem to be directly addressed.

How about this. Let us say and agree that Salvation is meant as obtaining eternal life. Can agree to Salvation = Eternal Life.

Therefore, according to you, Salvation only by Grace. And by being saved means eternal life, to live forever and ever, in eternity.

Can we agree? If we come to agree, then we can take the next step forward on eternity road.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

Surely Jesus would not object to a song for a song?

He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

YouTube
  3. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    17 Jan '24 12:05
    @kellyjay said
    I think you'll find he isn't curious, he looks for anything to complain about, and there is no desire to understand another only to find fault, even if he has to take things out of context and lie about them.
    He's possessed by evil spirits. Primarily by his twin.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '24 12:30
    @kellyjay said
    Why don't you confront him about it?

● he isn't curious

● he looks for anything to complain about

● there is no desire to understand another

You could be talking about yourself.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '24 13:08
    @pettytalk said
    You are a generous person. I asked for understanding and agreement, and you gave me a song and the typical pulpit talk.

Rewind.

The theme was Salvation. Your Salvation: Good works are never enough for salvation. One has to be saved by Grace, and good works are optional. In other words, without Grace there is no salvation. Only by Grace salvation is obtained, with or ...[text shortened]... hildren, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeK-YUifI5k
    The thing about the gospel it is well known and the familiarity with its simplicity leaves some looking for something more complex and humanly challenging. That goes back to merit, can we trust Jesus Christ, or do we have to add to what He did to think only because we … God will accept us?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '24 18:46
    @kellyjay said
    I did you the courtesy of reading your post and my reply is a simple question KellyJay; in that post were you debating or evangelising?

That you are in a childish huff and don’t want to reply to me directly is simply an insight into your inability to debate and discuss in good faith. It’s cowardly frankly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree