1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 15:39
    Originally posted by Badwater
    This was and is a valid question for all Jewish theologists. There have been a plethora of attempts to address this exact point, but the fact remains that Jewish theology has not been able to reconcile the promise of a chosen people with the facts of the Holocaust.
    I agree. And as I stated earlier in this thread, the shooting death of a Jew or the death in the gas chamber, while obviously tragic, were quick.

It's the long, drawn out deaths due to abuse, illness and starvation that seem especially cruel and evil. When you see the photos of corpses, which were skeleton-like, you wonder how God could not only allow it, but that He let the suffering unfold for such a long time. And witnessed it?
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 17:35
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I think I've done with you. Your limited comprehension and repetitive regurgitation of the same tired crap is not even irritating, just really, really dull. I hope you become less of dick as you grow into adulthood.
    What exactly do you think I have not comprehended?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 18:13
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I agree. And as I stated earlier in this thread, the shooting death of a Jew or the death in the gas chamber, while obviously tragic, were quick.

It's the long, drawn out deaths due to abuse, illness and starvation that seem especially cruel and evil. When you see the photos of corpses, which were skeleton-like, you wonder how God could not only allow it, but that He let the suffering unfold for such a long time. And witnessed it?
    Do you think God in His wrath will judge the wicked as harshly as His grace will forgive those who come to Him for forgiveness?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 19:46
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do you think God in His wrath will judge the wicked as harshly as His grace will forgive those who come to Him for forgiveness?
    I really don't know.

From what I've been reading in other threads, I will say this:

Hitler may get exactly the same fate as that of a really good person who may lack the required belief in Jesus.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 20:12
    I really don't know.

From what I've been reading in other threads, I will say this:

Hitler may get exactly the same fate as that of a really good person who may lack the required belief in Jesus.
    Why would a really good person fear punishment? Only sinners should, do you think there
    are 'good' sinners? If each of us has fallen, Hitler included, than don't you think a God who
    is Just will do what is right? If He gives mercy will it not be complete to cover every wrong
    done, and if He gives His wrath will it also be complete for what each sin one has done?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 22:35
    Why would a really good person fear punishment? Only sinners should, do you think there
    are 'good' sinners? If each of us has fallen, Hitler included, than don't you think a God who
    is Just will do what is right? If He gives mercy will it not be complete to cover every wrong
    done, and if He gives His wrath will it also be complete for what each sin one has done?
    Let me ask you this:

What if Hitler asked Jesus for mercy and forgiveness before his death. Does he go to heaven?

And....

What if the really good person dies before believing in Jesus? Does he go to hell?

In your opinion.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 03:401 edit
    Let me ask you this:

What if Hitler asked Jesus for mercy and forgiveness before his death. Does he go to heaven?

And....

What if the really good person dies before believing in Jesus? Does he go to hell?

In your opinion.
    Well the forgiveness for all of rests on Jesus Christ not us, so yes, because Jesus Christ
    is worthy enough to take away the sins of the WHOLE WORLD that would include Hitler's
    as well. It isn't a matter of how bad we are or how good we are, it matters about Jesus
    Christ! All of us are sinners so we all need Jesus, from the best of us to the worse.

I answered your question, care to answer mine at the top of this page to you?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:00
    Well the forgiveness for all of rests on Jesus Christ not us, so yes, because Jesus Christ
    is worthy enough to take away the sins of the WHOLE WORLD that would include Hitler's
    as well. It isn't a matter of how bad we are or how good we are, it matters about Jesus
    Christ! All of us are sinners so we all need Jesus, from the best of us to the worse.

" It isn't a matter of how bad we are or how good we are, it matters about Jesus
    Christ! All of us are sinners so we all need Jesus, from the best of us to the worse."

I really think Kelly this is where your thinking breaks down. It really 'IS' a matter of how bad or how good we are. And if Jesus exists, 'that's' what's matters to him. To put no significance of how good we conduct our lives is not only ill considered, it's non-biblical.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:09
    What if Hitler asked Jesus for mercy and forgiveness before his death. Does he go to heaven?.
    Have you decided if you are a Christian yet Chaney3?
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:37
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    I see you blanked this out, maybe it will register when you read it again.

Are you saying that God's creation is equal to God and therefore the same rules that are absolute for us must be absolute for him as well?

Does the absolute "Love the Lord your God with all your heart" also apply to God?

I said before God has the right to take a life whenever he sees fit, we as humans don't have that right. If you disagree tell me why.
    BUMP for the geester.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:24
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    BUMP for the geester.
    Is murdering children an acceptable moral absolute?
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:27

It isn't a matter of how bad we are or how good we are,

So you worship a god that puts good people in hell and bad people in heaven. You don't see the rot in that.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 13:16
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    " It isn't a matter of how bad we are or how good we are, it matters about Jesus
    Christ! All of us are sinners so we all need Jesus, from the best of us to the worse."

I really think Kelly this is where your thinking breaks down. It really 'IS' a matter of how bad or how good we are. And if Jesus exists, 'that's' what's matters to him. To put no significance of how good we conduct our lives is not only ill considered, it's non-biblical.
    You can rely on your own righteousness if you will, but unless you turn your life over to
    Jesus Christ you will die in your sins. It isn't that everyone now has a get out of Hell free
    card, it is that Jesus has made a way for each of us to go God through Jesus Christ. If
    you want to instead to stand and fall on your own, do so.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 13:262 edits
    Originally posted by apathist
    It isn't a matter of how bad we are or how good we are,

So you worship a god that puts good people in hell and bad people in heaven. You don't see the rot in that.
    All of us are sinners and have fallen short, if you read that you'll see there are no 'good'
    people, there are some that are not as bad as others, but if the whole population has been
    called unworthy. That means than no matter which one you hold up as a good person
    because they are indeed better than the one they are standing next too, they are still a
    sinner.

God the Father knew how bad we were when He sent Jesus, Jesus knew when He came.
    So at our worse He reached down to us so we can be forgiven, OUR WORSE! We just
    need to answer the call of God on our lives and turn to Him making Him our Lord and
    Savior.

What I see as rot are those that say Jesus dying for us isn't enough, that they have to
    earn their way to God. If Jesus isn't enough for you, what are you going to do, be good
    enough on your own, work your way into heaven so God owes you? God has given us
    a Way to Him we cannot earn, once there we can be given His Spirit and follow Him the
    rest of our days here, going through the good and bad that occur to all men.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 13:35
    All of us are sinners and have fallen short, if you read that you'll see there are no 'good'
    people, there are some that are not as bad as others, but if the whole population is been
    called unworthy. That means than no matter which one you hold up as a good person
    because they are indeed better than the one they are standing next too, they are still a
    s ...[text shortened]... and follow Him the
    rest of our days here, going through the good and bad that occur to all men.
    It sounds like you're saying you don't actually HAVE to DO anything in particular (whether it be good, bad, or indifferent), as long as you THINK certain specific things about Jesus, you are "saved".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree