If Jesus Christ Himself...

If Jesus Christ Himself...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
28 May 15

If Jesus was here he would call himself Robbie Carrobie (carrobie is Persian for angel) and he would probably play the Colle opening and need to perform miracles to win with it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I know what the words "vault" and "serendipity" mean. As yourself know.
Now, you do. 😏

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
[b]If Jesus was here he would call himself Robbie Carrobie (carrobie is Persian for angel)
Is Robbie Persian for twat?

rc

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Is Robbie Persian for twat?
How crude and disappointing, its Persian for angel. Of course it takes someone more learned than an Essex girl like you to know that. 😵

Cape Town

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
How crude and disappointing, its Persian for angel. Of course it takes someone more learned than an Essex girl like you to know that. 😵
So you signed up as 'angel angel'?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 May 15

What on earth is the "vault of serendipity"?

Do you look this stuff up on the internet...

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Serendipity is a word I've always liked but seldom use; to me it means a fortunate stroke of luck or a pleasant surprise;
"vault" as if a person had a private storehouse full. That's all.

Then why ask?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
If Jesus Christ Himself Became a Member of Red Hot Pawn...

1) What would He choose for a Site Nickname, Location and Self Proclaimed Forum Title? 2) What would we see as His first three thread topics? 3) What tone and atmosphere would His presence create? 4) Would He treat all posters respectfully? 5) What if any questions would you ask Him in public or in Personal Messages? 6) What would His chess rating be? 7) Other?

"4) Would He treat all posters respectfully?" Yes, much more so than any of us do,
though with an exquisite sense of humor or forcefulness whenever appropriate.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 May 15

"4) Would He treat all posters respectfully?" Yes, much more so than any of us do,
though with an exquisite sense of humor or forcefulness whenever appropriate.[/b]
Can you please provide an example (scriptually supported) where Jesus showed an exquisite sense of humour.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Can you please provide an example (scriptually supported) where Jesus showed an exquisite sense of humour.
Ghost of a Duke, the scope of your question far exceeds the format of this thread and may deserve a thread of its own. Oxford Biblical Studies Online offers an interesting article titled, "Humor in the New Testament by Leonard Greenspoon" which you may enjoy. http://global.oup.com/obso/focus/focus_on_humor_new_testament/

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 May 15

Ghost of a Duke, the scope of your question far exceeds the format of this thread and may deserve a thread of its own. Oxford Biblical Studies Online offers an interesting article titled, "Humor in the New Testament by Leonard Greenspoon" which you may enjoy. http://global.oup.com/obso/focus/focus_on_humor_new_testament/
I believe the Spiritual Forum has bee invaded by Evil Spirits. Do you agree?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 May 15

An interesting read, but i think the writer is struggling rather to find examples of clear humour from Jesus. Probably the nearest:

'A glimpse of Jesus' sense of humor can be enjoyed in the stories surrounding his disciples James and John. Rebuffed by the Samaritans, they addressed Jesus: "Lord, do you want us to call down fire from heaven to consume them?" (Luke 9:53–54). Although Jesus turned down this request and rebuked the requesters, nonetheless he nicknamed this duo "the sons of thunder" (Boanerges; see Mark 3:17). Given their futile desire to bring down lightning, and thunder, from heaven, this nickname, no matter how gently bequeathed, was bound to be the subject of much humor in numerous retellings of the story.'

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 May 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
I suspect it is more a case of you needing to up your medication.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 May 15
1 edit

Then why ask?
For the same reason that I know what the words "palace" and "pompousness" mean, but I wouldn't know what the "Palace of Pompousness" was.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 May 15

I think your head has been invaded by too much spirit.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Jun 15

Please clarify the meaning you attach to "Evil Spirits" in the context of your sentence.