If Jesus Christ Himself...

If Jesus Christ Himself...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Jun 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Please clarify the meaning you attach to "Evil Spirits" in the context of your sentence.
He has made that assertion a number of times now across various threads. I believe he links evolutionists and atheists with agents of the devil, hence the new buzz words of 'evil spirits.'

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Jun 15

Originally posted by divegeester
For the same reason that I know what the words "palace" and "pompousness" mean, but I wouldn't know what the "Palace of Pompousness" was.
"Palace of Pompousness" and Panic Palace both communicate unfortunate conditions or places of refuge of the human soul.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Jun 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
He has made that assertion a number of times now across various threads. I believe he links evolutionists and atheists with agents of the devil, hence the new buzz words of 'evil spirits.'
There's a difference between demon influence and demon possession; therefore, it's meaningless to generalize. Thanks.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Jun 15

An interesting read, but i think the writer is struggling rather to find examples of clear humour from Jesus. Probably the nearest:

'A glimpse of Jesus' sense of humor can be enjoyed in the stories surrounding his disciples James and John. Rebuffed by the Samaritans, they addressed Jesus: "Lord, do you want us to call down fire from heaven to cons ...[text shortened]... ntly bequeathed, was bound to be the subject of much humor in numerous retellings of the story.'
Providing you with additional examples is still on my Online Do List. Thanks for your patience.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Jun 15

Providing you with additional examples is still on my Online Do List. Thanks for your patience.
Atheists are known for their patience, especially when dealing with people of a religious persuasion.

😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Jun 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke (Page 4)
An interesting read, but i think the writer is struggling rather to find examples of clear humour from Jesus. Probably the nearest:

'A glimpse of Jesus' sense of humor can be enjoyed in the stories surrounding his disciples James and John. Rebuffed by the Samaritans, they addressed Jesus: "Lord, do you want us to call down fire from heaven t ...[text shortened]... w gently bequeathed, was bound to be the subject of much humor in numerous retellings of the story.'
Ghost of a Duke, here's a second article; I'll continue to search for one or two more: http://www.gotquestions.org/God-humor.html

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Jun 15
2 edits

Atheists are known for their patience, especially when dealing with people of a religious persuasion.

😉
"Atheists are known for their patience, especially when dealing with people of a religious persuasion."

Ghost of a Duke, may I suggest that the virtue of "patience" is not restricted to "Atheists" and is also demonstrated by God Himself?

"Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.” For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3: 3-9

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Jun 15

"Atheists are known for their patience, especially when dealing with people of a religious persuasion."

Ghost of a Duke, may I suggest that the virtue of "patience" is not restricted to "Atheists" and is also demonstrated by God Himself?

"Know this first of all, that in t ...[text shortened]... ent toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3: 3-9
Could you provide an example or two of God's impatience or where his patience has run out?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Jun 15
2 edits

Could you provide an example or two of God's impatience or where his patience has run out?
Of when, "his patience has run out?" Yes, Ghost of a Duke, though not by either God's design nor choice: At that moment in time when a human being's brain ceases to function and his or her own unique immaterial soul departs this life for its eternal destination.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jun 15
2 edits

Forgive me if I do not understand the full context of this discussion and how this question arose.

After 40 years of wandering in the wilderness God says to Israel in essence "You have been wandering around this mountain long enough." Though the discipline was from Himself, He is impatient like to continue with His original intention of bringing them obediently, righteously, and sanctified into Canaan.

See Deut. 2:3.

The tone of the first part of the book of Zechariah show God is weary of Israel being disciplined by the nations. He wants to get things back on track and rolling again for His plans for Israel.

He says in essence to the disciplined nation - " I was only a little angry and the nations around you went too far. Now it is high time to get things moving again for my plans with Israel." See Zech. 1:15.

God's eagerness to get things back on the right track comes through in much of that book Zechariah.

In the book of Revelation concerning the close of the present age, especially in chapter 10 on God is TIRED of delaying to recover the whole planet for His kingdom.

"And the Angel [I believe a symbol of Christ] whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land lifted up His right hand to heaven.

And swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things in it, and the earth and the things in it, and the sea and the things in it, that there shall be delay no longer.

But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel when he is about to trumpet, then the mystery of God is finished, as He has announced the good news to his own slaves the prophets." (Rev. 10:5-7)

The pouring out of the seven bowls of wrath on the kingdom of Antichrist are definitely God becoming fed up with delaying any longer.

I am sure I could find other examples.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Jun 15

And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. Gen 7.

Was the flood an example of God's impatience or weariness with creation.? (And yes, i know Noah had his grace).

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
05 Jun 15
1 edit

[b]If Jesus Christ Himself Became a Member of Red Hot Pawn...

1) What would He choose for a Site Nickname, Location and Self Proclaimed Forum Title? 2) What would we see as His first three thread topics? 3) What tone and atmosphere would His presence create? 4) Would He treat all posters respectfully? 5) What if any questions would you ask Him in public or in Personal Messages? 6) What would His chess rating be? 7) Other?[/b]
He would play the Kings gambit as white. And he'd play the Lion as black.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jun 15
1 edit

And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. Gen 7.

Was the flood an example of God's impatience or weariness with creation.? (And yes, i know Noah had his grace).
"And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. Gen 7.

Was the flood an example of God's impatience or weariness with creation.? (And yes, i know Noah had his grace)."

Ghost of a Duke, please see the third post on page one: Thread 156758

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
06 Jun 15

"And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. Gen 7.

[b]Was the flood an example of God's impatience or weariness with creation.?
(And yes, i know ...[text shortened]... grace)."

Ghost of a Duke, please see the third post on page one: Thread 156758[/b]
He would sure know how to sacrifice His pieces!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
06 Jun 15

Ghost of a Duke, please see the third post on page one: Thread 156758[/b]
Thanks for the link. I'm not too surprised this topic has been discussed before.

"The flood came about to destroy the Nephilim’s offspring. They were an abomination and against God’s plan." - Written by Phil Najera.

So the flood was not about God losing patience with man, but rather his response to creation straying from his divine plan?