Incomes relative to Religions in USA.

Incomes relative to Religions in USA.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
06 Sep 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
In the face of any evidence to the contrary, yes, and until you provide any, which you haven't, it will remain so.
Just to be clear here: you are saying that the observation that "materialism is not dependent upon wealth" applies only to Jehovah's Witnesses, is that so?

rc

Moves
06 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Is it your contention that people who go into higher education are [b]not more likely to earn the higher salaries mentioned in the OP than those who don't?[/b]
I cannot say, why don't you provide some data and we can evaluate it.

rc

Moves
06 Sep 12
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Just to be clear here: you are saying that the observation that "materialism is not dependent upon wealth" applies only to Jehovah's Witnesses, is that so?
Indeed, in the context of this study yes, based on lack of evidence to the contrary. Are
you now attempting to take my comments out of context to try some other slimy
action, oh dear, bottom of the barrel stuff now.

F

Moves
06 Sep 12

In the case of Jehovah witnesses yes, as for the other denominators, I cannot say and until you provide evidence to the contrary, then there is no contradiction for it was not intended to be applied to any other denomination, until there is evidence to the contrary, too bad for you and tour inane attempts to drum up some silly arguments from nothingness, which is your want and reminiscent of your posting style, yawn.
The question is how can you draw conclusions about "materialism" from data about "wealth" when you yourself said that "materialism is not dependent upon wealth".

F

Moves
06 Sep 12

Indeed, based on lack of evidence to the contrary. In fact its a teaching of Jehovahs witnesses.
Surely the stuff about "the counsel of the Christ, not top be storing up treasures, where moth and rust consume" that you mentioned [earlier on this thread] is the teaching of Christ - for all Christians - and not just the "teaching of Jehovah's Witnesses"?

rc

Moves
06 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
The question is how can you draw conclusions about "materialism" from data about "wealth" when you yourself said that "materialism is not dependent upon wealth".
I have only drawn conclusions about Jehovah witnesses and the disparity which exits, between them and other denominations, attempting to take my comments out of context and apply them in a generic sense is yawn.

F

Moves
06 Sep 12

Indeed, in the context of this study yes, based on lack of evidence to the contrary. Are
you now attempting to take my comments out of context to try some other slimy
action, oh dear, bottom of the barrel stuff now.
Slimy action?

rc

Moves
06 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Surely the stuff about "the counsel of the Christ, not top be storing up treasures, where moth and rust consume" that you mentioned [earlier on this thread] is the teaching of Christ - for all Christians - and not just the "teaching of Jehovah's Witnesses"?
then demonstrate who applies it and is actively counselled to live it.

rc

Moves
06 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Slimy action?
Indeed

F

Moves
06 Sep 12

I have only drawn conclusions about Jehovah witnesses and the disparity which exits,
attempting to take my comments out of context and apply them to other denominations
or in a generic sense is yawn.
You made an assertion about the Jehovah's Witnesses relative to all the other denominations mentioned in the OP stats. How can that be being taken out of context by what I am saying. And you haven't answered the question: how can you draw conclusions about "materialism" from data about "wealth" when you yourself said that "materialism is not dependent upon wealth"?

F

Moves
06 Sep 12
1 edit

Indeed
"Slimy actions"? We're in a perfectly civil discussion here. What's with personal remarks of this kind?

F

Moves
06 Sep 12

then demonstrate who applies it and is actively counselled to live it.
Well it's Christ's teaching. Christ counsels it. Do the 9% of Jehovah's Witnesses who earn over $100,000 apply it? Can you demonstrate" that they do? No. Do the 8% of Black Christians who earn over $100,000 apply it? Can we demonstrate" that they do? No.

What proportion of the 9% of Jehovah's Witnesses who earn over $100,000 have a college degree do you think?

rc

Moves
06 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
You made an assertion about the Jehovah's Witnesses relative to all the other denominations mentioned in the OP stats. How can that be being taken out of context by what I am saying. And you haven't answered the question: how can you draw conclusions about "materialism" from data about "wealth" when you yourself said that "materialism is not dependent upon wealth"?
I have only dawn conclusion about Jehovah witnesses, no one else. I have already explained that materialism is a state of mind, that is why it is not dependent upon wealth. Wealth is a measure made in monetary terms, last time I looked, and may or may not be an indication of a materialistic disposition.

F

Moves
06 Sep 12

I have already explained that materialism is a state of mind, that is why it is not dependent upon wealth.
And this 'observation' only applies to Jehovah's Witnesses?

rc

Moves
06 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well it's Christ's teaching. Christ counsels it. Do the 9% of Jehovah's Witnesses who earn over $100,000 apply it? Can you demonstrate" that they do? No. Do the 8% of Black Christians who earn over $100,000 apply it? Can we demonstrate" that they do? No.

What proportion of the 9% of Jehovah's Witnesses who earn over $100,000 have a college degree do you think?
I can demonstrate that they are counselled to lead simple lives free from the pursuit of
wealth for its own sake.

can I demonstrate that the 9% of Jehovahs witnesses who ear more than 100,000
dollars apply it, no, but i can remonstrate the counsel they are given, whether they
apply it or not is up to them, can you demonstrate that other denominations are also
actively counselled to lead a simple life, no, because you never once provide any
evidence for your claims.