1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 15:16
    @rajk999 said
    More personal remarks and insults directed at me even when you are not responding to me. If your doctrine was solid and it was the truth there would be no need to do that.
    Then why don't you practice what you preach?

You're a cult all by yourself Rajk. And if that hurts your feelings, then get out of this public forum.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 15:301 edit
    @josephw said
    Then why don't you practice what you preach?

You're a cult all by yourself Rajk. And if that hurts your feelings, then get out of this public forum.
    How do you conclude that I do not practice what I preach? Who said my feelings are hurt? Those are not very well thought out comments.

The fact that I can point out what you are doing does not in any way mean that my feelings are hurt. I have no feelings about what goes on here..

You constantly divert the conversation away from what Jesus said to what you think about me personally.
  3. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 15:43
    When the apostles asked Jesus who could be saved, they were likely thinking of figures like King David and King Solomon, who were known for their wealth and power. This question reflects their understanding of the Old Testament, where both David and Solomon were considered righteous and were part of God's chosen people. Their wealth and status did not prevent them from being considered righteous, which led the apostles to question how someone as rich as they were could be saved.

Jesus' response, that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God, emphasizes the difficulty of salvation for those who rely on their wealth or worldly status. This teaching underscores the importance of faith and humility in the eyes of God, rather than material wealth or earthly success. Jesus reassures the disciples that with God, all things are possible, indicating that salvation is not dependent on one's earthly circumstances but on a relationship with God and a commitment to His teachings.

Jesus' complete and easy-to-follow teaching on the Law is beautifully summarized by the two greatest of God's commandments for getting back to the Garden.

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

All those that were made to believe that it's impossible for man to follow and adhere to God's law, in order to be saved and inherit eternal life, are just plain and overly simple simpletons.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 18:31
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @galveston75

As an aside, do you now accept you were wrong when you stated, "We have never worshiped Jesus or Michael. Jesus himself forbids it...." bearing in mind, Charles Russell, founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, taught that it was proper to worship Jesus and pray to him?

"It seems clear that His Divinity was retained in humanity because He repeatedly spoke of ...[text shortened]... e same reason would have prevented from receiving worship...."

Zion's Watch Tower 1880 Oct pp.2-3
    Just a quick question? How old was Jesus when the 3 wise men (astrologers) visited with Jesus?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 20:081 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Just a quick question? How old was Jesus when the 3 wise men (astrologers) visited with Jesus?
    How about you answer the question put to you, before asking one of your own?

Charles Russell, founder of Jehovah's Witnesses, taught that it was proper to worship Jesus and pray to him, did he not?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 20:30
    @galveston75 said
    How old was Jesus when the 3 wise men (astrologers) visited with Jesus?
    Russell said he (Jesus) was the 'object of unreproved worship even when a babe' because his 'divinity was retained.'

Do you not understand what he meant by that? Do you not think something divine deserves to be worshipped?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 21:292 edits
    @kingdavid403 said
    Most Christian Churches ? ha! I've never met one Christian church or Christian sect that didn't believe this about themselves. Please share one Christian sect or denomination, that does not believe that they are the ones whom truly knows Jesus and what God wants?
    No, that’s NOT what you said. What you said was that every Christian thinks they are the only ones that know who the real Jesus is.

Here’s a few who don’t think they are the only ones
    Methodists
    Baptists
    CoE
    Pentecostals

Maybe you should get out more.
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 03:056 edits
    @divegeester said
    No, that’s NOT what you said. What you said was that every Christian thinks they are the only ones that know who the real Jesus is.

Here’s a few who don’t think they are the only ones
    Methodists
    Baptists
    CoE
    Pentecostals

This is what I said: 'This is what every Christian sect or denomination says about themselves; not just J.Ws.'

Here’s a few who don’t think they are the [b]only ones
    "Methodists" don't think all other Christian sects worship, act, and believe in Jesus as they should.
    "Baptists" Baptists definitely don't believe all other Christian sects know Jesus as they do.
    "CoE" I wouldn't know. I've never been to England.
    "Pentecostals" lol, you have no clue what you are talking about.
    I've been to churches of every sect you listed 100s of times; except CoE. Again, you have NO idea what you are talking about. You are the one who needs to get out more often.
    Go into anyone of these churches and ask their pastor if Catholic Christians worship and know God correctly? Then ask them about the other Christian sects you listed.
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 03:171 edit
    @josephw said
    Obviously. It boils down to the individual. Does he know the Jesus of the Bible?

So who do you say the scriptures say who Jesus is?
    Obviously. It boils down to the individual. Does he know the Jesus of the Bible?
    I agree.
    So who do you say the scriptures say who Jesus is?
    The Son of God, aka God. Jesus is Lord, etc.
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 03:272 edits
    @josephw said
    So what is wrong with asserting that one knows Jesus?

The Bible tells us who Jesus is. If one agrees with the scriptures, then one knows Jesus.

The cults, sects, denominations, isms or schisms notwithstanding.

One would have to have limited reading and comprehension skills not to be able to identify who the Bible says Jesus is.
    So what is wrong with asserting that one knows Jesus?
    Nothing.
    The Bible tells us who Jesus is. If one agrees with the scriptures, then one knows Jesus.
    I disagree. I learn new things about Jesus all the time; and, I agree with the Bible 100%. However what I believe the Bible says, and what others believe it says, does not always jive.
    The cults, sects, denominations, isms or schisms notwithstanding.
    Why not?
    One would have to have limited reading and comprehension skills not to be able to identify who the Bible says Jesus is.
    Again, I learn new things about Jesus aka God every time I re-read the Bible.
    One can't learn anything, if they already know everything.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 11:261 edit
    @kingdavid403 said
    This is what I said: 'This is what every Christian sect or denomination says about themselves; not just J.Ws.'
    No, that’s NOT what you said.

What you said was that every Christian thinks they are the only ones that know who the real Jesus is.

Show some intellectual honesty!
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 13:09
    @divegeester said

What you said was that every Christian thinks they are the only ones that know who the real Jesus is.

Yes it is what I said. I copy and pasted my post that you question. Sorry; not really. How's that for intellectual honesty.
    lol, Go back and read what I said and you will see. Then come back and apologize. You will if you have any honesty within you. Good day dive.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 22:511 edit
    @kingdavid403 said
    Yes it is what I said. I copy and pasted my post that you question. Sorry; not really. How's that for intellectual honesty.
    lol, Go back and read what I said and you will see. Then come back and apologize. You will if you have any honesty within you. Good day dive.
    No.

This is what was posted (verbatim)

Yes, because they are the only ones that know who the real Jesus is.

And here is what you said in reply (verbatim)

This is what every Christian sect or denomination says about themselves; not just J.Ws.

You were incorrect.
  14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 00:186 edits
    @divegeester said
    No.

This is what was posted (verbatim)

Yes, because they are the only ones that know who the real Jesus is.

And here is what you said in reply (verbatim)

This is what every Christian sect or denomination says about themselves; not just J.Ws.

You were incorrect.
    I can't help that you can't read or understand the context of A SIMPLE post. Get a life loser.
    So show us where I said " every Christian thinks they are the only ones that know who the real Jesus is." ?
    You're a liar and nothing less. Typical phony POS!
    what I said:
    {This is what every Christian sect or denomination says about themselves; not just J.Ws.}
    what you say I said:
    every Christian thinks they are the only ones that know who the real Jesus is.
    See. you're nothing but a LIAR; a liar who calls themselves a Christian; you're a joke and you are not a Christian. I bet you are voting for Trump, are you not lying loser? You fit right in with the liars heading straight to hell behind that big fat lying orange ass pos; you're false god.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 07:422 edits
    @kingdavid403 said
    I can't help that you can't read or understand the context of A SIMPLE post. Get a life loser.
    So show us where I said " every Christian thinks they are the only ones that know who the real Jesus is." ?
    You're a liar and nothing less. Typical phony POS!
    what I said:
    {This is what every Christian sect or denomination says about themselves; not just J.Ws.}
    w ...[text shortened]... with the liars heading straight to hell behind that big fat lying orange ass pos; you're false god.
    And there it is, the torrent of abuse you usually default to when found out.

Hey, tell me some more about there are are more than one species of human and how your stupid theory about it is somehow linked to Gentiles and Jews being different.

Read my post quoting you above, sonny.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree