1. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    11 Mar '24 22:57
    @kellyjay said
    I actually don’t think you grasp the basics of scripture so why would I take any advice from you on it?
    I don't grasp it?

"What was said about 1 Corinthians that you grasp differently? You have been grasped by the balls by Paul on this silliness about worldly knowledge springing from faith, and you still have the audacity to deny Paul's grasp? Do you want others to squeeze them harder?

Save your breath, because you don't really have faith in God, if you're seeking worldly knowledge. What will you say when the New Earth and New Heaven come around, and this New Earth will not need the Sun, nor the Moon?

Did you like Jethro Tull?

YouTube
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '24 01:471 edit
    @pettytalk said
    I don't grasp it?

"What was said about 1 Corinthians that you grasp differently? You have been grasped by the balls by Paul on this silliness about worldly knowledge springing from faith, and you still have the audacity to deny Paul's grasp? Do you want others to squeeze them harder?

Save your breath, because you don't really have faith in God, if you're seeking wor ...[text shortened]... the Sun, nor the Moon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP627X1JBow
    I didn't become a Christian until I was 25, in the late 70's, before that happened my life was sex, drugs, and rock and roll. So a very large number of the bands from the 60-70's were in my collection. Each album was kept in perfect condition, disk wiped, and handled on the edges before placing them on my linear tracking dual turntable. One of the joys of my life was recording variety tapes on my Teac reel to-reel so yes I was very familiar with Jethro Tull.

Concerning scripture, I've been studying it since the late 70s, and your take and your nonchalant attitude toward some of the authors of scripture means nothing you say about it, my grasp of scripture, or your take on any passage, I'll take seriously, because I don't believe there is anything about it your serious about.

YouTube
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    12 Mar '24 20:23
    @kellyjay said
    When you take a cup of tea to the kettle, you do it after all, because you believe it will do what you want it to do, you are acting on faith, because you have faith in the process. Without faith in the process, you would have to do something else, it is a matter of trusting the process.

Our knowledge comes when we realize whatever it is we are learning is true, and that ...[text shortened]... is NOT a different kind of faith, there is either something we find reliable and trustworthy or not.
    So we agree then that there can be no 'faith' in anything which cannot be proven. The existence of any god cannot be proven, therefore there can be no faith in any god. Sorted.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '24 22:13
    @indonesia-phil said
    So we agree then that there can be no 'faith' in anything which cannot be proven. The existence of any god cannot be proven, therefore there can be no faith in any god. Sorted.
    Faith is what we believe to be true, even our proof must be accepted as we define it. How we define/interpret our variables, how we reach our conclusions with what we believe the evidence is showing us is all faith.

Outside of mathematics proof is not really something science gives us since everything is subject to change given new information, but it can be believed and even reach a dogmatic status. Regardless of the level of credibility.

Do you want to talk about God? You can not prove evolution was started through mindless manipulation yet you accept that don’t you? You don’t know how the universe started yet you reject the idea that God did it. There is a great deal of things we all believe but can’t prove. It doesn’t even have to be metaphysical in nature.
  5. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    13 Mar '24 00:33
    @kellyjay said
    I didn't become a Christian until I was 25, in the late 70's, before that happened my life was sex, drugs, and rock and roll. So a very large number of the bands from the 60-70's were in my collection. Each album was kept in perfect condition, disk wiped, and handled on the edges before placing them on my linear tracking dual turntable. One of the joys of my life was reco ...[text shortened]... cause I don't believe there is anything about it your serious about.

https://youtu.be/C6MEaoMOtxs
    Let me say, in all seriousness, that if Christian faith saved you from indiscriminate sex, and drugs, more power to you. Don't let anyone try to talk you out of it, even if you don't fully grasp the gist of what God and existence is all about.

There was never a beginning, and life is a never-ending journey on eternity road. When the shoes and coats wear down, we get new ones and keep 'marching' down the everlasting surface pavement of the eternal road to nowhere. Eternity road is a perfect circle.

"linear tracking dual turntable." ??????

Linear tracking, yes. But there was no such thing as a dual turntable, as far as I remember. I owned dual cassette players. I also had an Akai reel-to-reel with automatic reverse. Teac was also a very good top brand for cassette decks, as well as reel-to-reel players.

Even in my teens, my musical taste has always been varied, and not just rock and roll. I also have a few gospel-specific CDs in my current collection. However, as I told you, all musical artists are inspired from above.

"As I watched the four creatures, I saw something that looked like a wheel on the ground beside each of the four-faced creatures. This is what the wheels looked like: They were identical wheels, sparkling like diamonds in the sun. It looked like they were wheels within wheels, like a gyroscope."

YouTube
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Mar '24 02:01
    @pettytalk said
    Let me say, in all seriousness, that if Christian faith saved you from indiscriminate sex, and drugs, more power to you. Don't let anyone try to talk you out of it, even if you don't fully grasp the gist of what God and existence is all about.

There was never a beginning, and life is a never-ending journey on eternity road. When the shoes and coats wear down, we get new ...[text shortened]... ke they were wheels within wheels, like a gyroscope."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VydfUohuaM
    Dual company name, linear tracking, there was a lid that closed on the turn table, holding the album in place, with a bar running across the album linearly with the stylist. No tonearm floating on to the album. If you wanted and I don’t know why you would, you could tilt the turn table while playing sideways. It was a very nice turn table, while in the Navy my friends and I spent a great deal of money on our music and recreational activities.

After I became a Christian I threw my record collection into a dumpster which infuriated several people I knew who knew what I had.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Mar '24 09:00
    @pettytalk said

There was never a beginning, and life is a never-ending journey on eternity road. When the shoes and coats wear down, we get new ...[text shortened]... ke they were wheels within wheels, like a gyroscope."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VydfUohuaM
    YouTube
    My music as my life changed the day Jesus Christ became my Lord and Savior.
  8. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    13 Mar '24 16:44
    @kellyjay said
    Dual company name, linear tracking, there was a lid that closed on the turn table, holding the album in place, with a bar running across the album linearly with the stylist. No tonearm floating on to the album. If you wanted and I don’t know why you would, you could tilt the turn table while playing sideways. It was a very nice turn table, while in the Navy my friends and ...[text shortened]... rew my record collection into a dumpster which infuriated several people I knew who knew what I had.
    Words have dual meanings, and sometimes more than two. My bad memory is at dual fault for the turntable brand. Linear tracking for vinyl circular records is a good analogy for time and eternity. Time is linear, but it tracks the circular grooves of eternity.

While in the military, my first basic hi-fi system was a Pioneer 100 watts stereo receiver, a Pioneer turntable, and a pair of Acoustic Research 12, a 3-way speakers I purchased at the base PX and Audio Club. Together the three were a poor man's sweet fidelity music reproduction. I have had many different systems since then. I still keep, for sentimental reasons, the pair of AR 12, which I have reconed myself. I also keep a pair of JBL 4312 heirlooms around. Fifty years later and I'm still an old hi-fi enthusiast. My main system is currently my old Nakamichi power amp, and a Carver pre-amp, which are paired to push a pair of Klipsch Chorus II. Nearly 40 years ago I missed my chance to buy a pair of Klipsch's flagship beauties, for a song and dance, at an overseas NEX, the Klipschhorn speakers. Although I have owned other brands of speakers, such as the Bose 901s, and Infinity, I prefer Klipsch, but will never abandon my first love, the AR 12s. But as far as vinyl, I donated more than 400 LPs to a Goodwill near me around 20 years ago, along with my record player. But apparently vinyl is coming back in style. I have only hundreds of CDs now, which many were replacements for the LPs I donated. CDs don't wear out from playing them, although they are subject to handling damage, but they certainly don't reproduce the warmth of vinyl analog.

Gospel music has been sung and played by the same artists who gave us rock and roll, and other genre of music. The lyrics may be different, but the same seven notes of music are also used in the music you are only choosing to listen to now.

The King's comeback puts it into perspective.

YouTube
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Mar '24 23:531 edit
    @pettytalk said
    Words have dual meanings, and sometimes more than two. My bad memory is at dual fault for the turntable brand. Linear tracking for vinyl circular records is a good analogy for time and eternity. Time is linear, but it tracks the circular grooves of eternity.

While in the military, my first basic hi-fi system was a Pioneer 100 watts stereo receiver, a Pioneer turntable, ...[text shortened]... w.

The King's comeback puts it into perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkNqlso8CAM
    Familiar with most of the equipment you talked about, I had Bose 901, I actually don’t remember what amp I had, the 70’s was a while ago. 😀
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 01:31
    @pettytalk said
    I don't grasp it?

Save your breath, because you don't really have faith in God, if you're seeking wor ...[text shortened]... the Sun, nor the Moon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP627X1JBow
    YouTube
    You like Tull you'll like Darrell
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 05:12
    @indonesia-phil said
    Faith IS 'belief without proof'.

Without free will, there is no faith.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 09:57
    @suzianne said
    Faith IS 'belief without proof'.

Without free will, there is no faith.
    Blind faith is belief without proof, in our unbelief, we can dismiss many things where the evidence about them is overwhelming which is where our wills come into play. We can believe things not there too, as was said when someone is so prejudiced that anyone of a different color, or they are different by some other means, they will always be wrong in some degree, or even evil because their faith molds their thinking to shape everything related to those they hate that way.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 10:121 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Blind faith is belief without proof, in our unbelief, we can dismiss many things where the evidence about them is overwhelming which is where our wills come into play. We can believe things not there too, as was said when someone is so prejudiced that anyone of a different color, or they are different by some other means, they will always be wrong in some degree, or even evil because their faith molds their thinking to shape everything related to those they hate that way.
    Could you please share your “proof” so everyone here who disagrees with you can shed their “blind faith” and have faith like you have.

Many thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree