1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 05:21
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Hell, like child rape, murder, war crimes, and several other really bad things cannot be dismissed as not real just because they are not "good" things to our thinking. Our feelings and emotions can be at odds with several topics and that doesn't mean reality will some how make the bad things go away.
    But isn't your noxious demented ideology, in combination with this rather silly attempt to condescend - just a variation of you pissing on the backs of fellow humans and then telling them it's raining?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 07:281 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    I am not sure what your issue is.
    I'm going to be pretty blunt sonship, but I think you are lying here.

I think you know exactly what my issue is about the Bible saying that Jesus will be in the presence of billions of people as he personally burns then alive while supernaturally preventing them from dying or blinking out of existence...for eternity.

Your ideology is chokingly revolting, your stony-faced resolve to not see the "issue" is appalling dishonesty.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 08:431 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm going to be pretty blunt sonship, but I think you are lying here.

I think you know exactly what my issue is about the Bible saying that Jesus will be in the presence of billions of people as he personally burns then alive while supernaturally preventing them from dying or blinking out of existence...for eternity.

Your ideology is chokingly revolting, your stony-faced resolve to not see the "issue" is appalling dishonesty.
    I don't think its logically consistent to call someone dishonest simply because you do not agree with their perspective, nor to vilify them. Sure the ideology is abhorrent to the senses and incompatible with the idea of a loving beneficent creator, but one does not use an axe to fix a broken bone, surely?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 09:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I don't think its logically consistent to call someone dishonest simply because you do not agree with their perspective...
    You are frequently found to be both blatantly and intellectually dishonest, so your position here isn't surprising.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 09:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You are frequently found to be both blatantly and intellectually dishonest, so your position here isn't surprising.
    i see the point i was making bounced off the side of your head and reverberated into the stratosphere. oh well thats what happens when one tries to reason with someone uninterested in reason.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 09:441 edit
    i see the point i was making bounced off the side of your head and reverberated into the stratosphere. oh well thats what happens when one tries to reason with someone uninterested in reason.
    I'm interested in sonship, his twisted perspective of god's judgment and his disownance of the issues relating to it. I'm not interested in you, this is not about you. Why don't you go get some more strokes from chaney3. 😉
  7. Joined
    04 Apr '09
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 10:45
  8. Joined
    04 Apr '09
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 10:49
    So not due to any text just your opinion of how God should behave according your personal views?
    It all comes down to personal opinion. Even if you subscribe to the idea that the Bible is the inspired word of God I do not) and completely true you will find equally well versed and fair minded people who will give wildly different opinions on the meaning of the same verse.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 10:58
    Sure the ideology is abhorrent to the senses and incompatible with the idea of a loving beneficent creator...
    I'd say it's the most groteque and morally depraved thing that human minds have ever dredged up from their imagination. Bar nothing. It's quite simply as ghastly and as unhinged as an ideology can possibly get.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 14:041 edit
    Originally posted by bob58
    It all comes down to personal opinion. Even if you subscribe to the idea that the Bible is the inspired word of God I do not) and completely true you will find equally well versed and fair minded people who will give wildly different opinions on the meaning of the same verse.
    I agree fair minded people can disagree, even disagreeable people can too. 🙂 I also agree
    with you that we can wrong about things we believe, me included. I do find the verses I
    have been sharing here very straight forward on their meaning and do not see wiggle
    room with respect to the Lake of fire. With respect to different opinions on the same
    verses, it isn't opinions that should concern any of us, but reality. As pointed out our likes
    and dislikes do not change the color of the sky, neither will they alter what occurs when
    God displays His wrath and mercy. One His grace will be outstanding beyond words and
    no one who receives it will be worthy of it on their own, and those who receive His wrath
    will receive it with cause, but none of them had too since a way was made for all to avoid
    it.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 14:20
    ...it isn't opinions that should concern any of us, but reality. As pointed out our likes and dislikes do not change the color of the sky, ...
    Isn't this just the same sort of thing as Dasa used to say? What makes you think that people here should believe you're more credible than him?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 14:23
    God displays His wrath and mercy. One His grace will be outstanding beyond words and no one who receives it will be worthy of it on their own, and those who receive His wrath will receive it with cause, but none of them had too since a way was made for all to avoid
    it.
    Do you believe my Muslim neighbours are going to be tortured forever - because of your god's "wrath" - after they die?
  13. Joined
    04 Apr '09
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 15:40
    Kelly,

For me it comes down to judging the source. I believe the New Testament is a biography of the live of Christ meant to inspire readers that Christ was real and he is the way to salvation. The Old Testament, who knows.

For those that believe the Bible is literally true interpreting the verses has some value but no matter what the interpretation is colored by each individuals life experiences.

For me, the Old Testament is a guide, nothing more. It was written by men with their own personal agendas and the ultimate truth is unknowable at least in this life.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 15:452 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Isn't this just the same sort of thing as Dasa used to say? What makes you think that people here should believe you're more credible than him?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 16:44
    Originally posted by bob58
    Kelly,

For me it comes down to judging the source. I believe the New Testament is a biography of the live of Christ meant to inspire readers that Christ was real and he is the way to salvation. The Old Testament, who knows.

For those that believe the Bible is literally true interpreting the verses has some value but no matter what the interpretation is ...[text shortened]... men with their own personal agendas and the ultimate truth is unknowable at least in this life.
    I agree with you the source for all of our judgments should be high on the lists of validating
    any topic not just this one.

I don't know how you came to the views you have about the NT and the OT or Jesus for
    that matter. The NT and the OT are intertwined one sprang from the other and references
    from the OT validate the NT and there are many references in the NT that validate the OT.

If you believe Jesus is the Son of God than that truth can be known in this life, as it was
    both foretold in the OT and the NT since Jesus is our way to God the Father.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree