1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 05:264 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    a) I made it clear in the OP: biblical topics, not my personal beliefs. I clearly said "pick a biblical topic", not "get to know me". And even if he didn't understand this, I clearly asked him not to continue asking questions my (fake) personal beliefs, but about the bible---not about me. Instead of heeding my request, he kept on asking the very questions ...[text shortened]... ble all the time, right? "Why does God this", or "how come the bible says that".

Whatever.
    If what you want you to do is just discuss a generic biblical topic why not pick one and we can discuss it? It was you who set up this sort of role-play thing to debate topics as if you were still a Christian.

Clearly biblical topics are discussed in this forum but always through the lens of the individual's personal beliefs. For example, hell, homosexuality, sexuality, satanism, salvation. How is it possible to discuss these topics without addressing you as the role-player?

PS Im not being deliberately awkward here, I just don't understand how to address you as a Christian without addressing your beliefs.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 05:292 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If what you want you to do is just discuss a generic biblical topic why not pick one and we can discuss it? It was you who set up this sort of roll-play thing to debate topics as if you were still a Christian.

Clearly biblical topics are discussed in this forum but always through the lens of the individual's personal beliefs. For example, hell, homos ...[text shortened]... alvation. How is it possible to discuss these topics without addressing you are the roll-player?
    Most biblical topics are generally asked on this forum, and not specifically aimed at someone based on their specific beliefs.

Still you're right. I was completely out of line. What I said was completely out of line, and I feel for horrible for acting like spoiled retard. You're right, and I apologize to FMF.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 05:31
    You're right. I was completely out of line. What I said was completely out of line, and I feel for horrible for acting like spoiled retard. You're right, and I apologize to FMF.
    You're not out of line at all, it was an interesting idea. It seems you had something different in mind, that's all.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 05:341 edit
    Most biblical topics are generally asked on this forum, and not specifically aimed at someone based on their specific beliefs.
    Maybe you need to give an example of a thread where this has occurred so we can see what you mean, because I can't think of one. It seems to me that I argue with people about what they believe the bible says, I.e. Their beliefs about it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 05:401 edit
    I made it clear in the OP: biblical topics, not my personal beliefs. I clearly said "pick a biblical topic", not "get to know me".
    Surely, not being a recognized Christian authority of any kind, all you can do is answer questions about your personal beliefs as they pertain to biblical topics? There's nobody's opinion you can speak on behalf of aside from your own personal one. You can't even speak on behalf of a denomination as you made it very clear that you were not a member of a denomination. I asked about "Hell", "salvation", non-believers, "judgement", "Satan", "sexuality" etc. they are all nothing if not "biblical topics".
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 05:48

Still you're right. I was completely out of line. What I said was completely out of line, and I feel for horrible for acting like spoiled retard. You're right, and I apologize to FMF.
    Having been a Christian myself, if I had started the thread, I'd have just answered whatever questions came up ~ about my simulated/retrieved Christian beliefs ~ while waiting for what I saw as the juicy "actual questions" you spoke of. And then I'd have given them more attention.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 06:361 edit
    Back when I used to be a Christian, I used to engage in biblical debates with Christians and non-believers alike. I'm curious as to how I'd debate now.

Pick a biblical topic to debate with me on, and I'll honestly defend it as if I were a Christian. NOTE: I'm not going to be sarcastic either, giving "dumb" answers as a Christian to make a point. I'm gen ...[text shortened]... inely going to defend the bible as if I were a genuine Christian.

Hit me with your best shot.
    Have you ever heard of people being prayed for and getting a gold filling? Once a woman should me her filling she got from being prayed over. Interesting.
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread774368/pg1
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 08:40
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Have you ever heard of people being prayed for and getting a gold filling? Once a woman should me her filling she got from being prayed over. Interesting.
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread774368/pg1
    That's not how it's supposed to work though is it. Surely you should steal somebody else's gold fillings, then pray for forgiveness.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 08:54
    a) I made it clear in the OP: biblical topics, not my personal beliefs. I clearly said "pick a biblical topic", not "get to know me". And even if he didn't understand this, I clearly asked him not to continue asking questions my (fake) personal beliefs, but about the bible---not about me. Instead of heeding my request, he kept on asking the very questions ...[text shortened]... ble all the time, right? "Why does God this", or "how come the bible says that".

Whatever.
    Yeah... this is generally why we can't have nice things in here.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 09:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    After vivify said, "OK...now bring the tough questions", I asked seven concise questions about his Bible-based beliefs. Which ones did you think were off-topic or not "nice"?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 14:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Can you point to exactly FMF went off topic? Or are you once again allowing your stupid partisan emotionalism infect your thinking.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 15:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    After vivify said, "OK...now bring the tough questions", I asked seven concise questions about his Bible-based beliefs. Which ones did you think were off-topic or not "nice"?
    Dude...I clearly asked for "tough questions" about the bible, not my fake persona.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 15:142 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I told you to NOT ask about MY beliefs, and you did so any way. I told you that wasn't the purpose of the thread, and you continued to ask about my "beliefs" any way. That was rude.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 15:342 edits
    I told to to NOT ask about MY beliefs, and you did so any way. I told you that wasn't the purpose of the thread, and you continued to ask about my "beliefs" any way. That was rude.
    Oh dear, you now seem to be less contrite again; do you suddenly feel boosted by the attacks on FMF from the forum's unprincipled ambulance chasers and their apparent superficial and opportunistic support for you?

Are you going to start a thread retracting your apology to FMF, or perhaps explaining that you were just a bit pissed and it was all a chaney3ism?
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 16:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Oh dear, you now seem to be less contrite again; do you suddenly feel boosted by the attacks of FMF from the forum's unprincipled ambulance chasers and their apparent superficial and opportunistic support for you?

Are you going to start a thread retracting your apology to FMF, or perhaps exaplaining that you were just a bit pissed and it was all a chaney3ism?
    Is pointing out someone was being rude reason for apology to you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree